• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to do the Target gift card online deal right now (spend $100 get $10 off) but it's not coming up. I even went all the way through and checked out, but all it gave me was free shipping for using my Redcard. (I cancelled the order.) The link is there still under the card I'm trying to order, indicating it's eligible, and I've got over an hour before it's midnight Eastern time, but it's not working. Very frustrating! What am I missing?? I've tried a couple different styles of card, tried Firefox instead of Explorer, tried my husband's credit card instead of mine, nothing. There's no code--it should be automatically applied, right?

I'm having the same issue... It shows in my cart as being eligible but then i get to checkout and I dont get the $10 off.

I am trying to do the Target gift card online deal right now (spend $100 get $10 off) but it's not coming up. I even went all the way through and checked out, but all it gave me was free shipping for using my Redcard. (I cancelled the order.) The link is there still under the card I'm trying to order, indicating it's eligible, and I've got over an hour before it's midnight Eastern time, but it's not working. Very frustrating! What am I missing?? I've tried a couple different styles of card, tried Firefox instead of Explorer, tried my husband's credit card instead of mine, nothing. There's no code--it should be automatically applied, right?

Didn't work for me either - I called customer service and they said they would manually apply the credit after I've placed my order. They gave me a reference # to use. I had to wait a half hour before it got into the system. I am currently on hold trying to get the $10 off.

EDIT - It took about 20 min. on hold with customer service, but I did get credited the $10 back. Good luck for those trying.

If I booked my cruise thru DCL, then transferred it to a travel agent, can I use Disney gift cards to pay off the trip? I was at the DCL site last night and can't see any "make a payment" now pages, although the site does say you can use it to make payments. If not, I'll just use discounted gift cards towards tips, onboard charges, etc.

Yes, you can use Disney gift cards. You just have to go through your agent. I called mine on a few different occasions to read off GC numbers to her so she could apply them. At the payoff date, I had faxed the remaining numbers to her because there were so many.

I shouldn't have opened this thread with hope this evening! It's going from bad to worse with Target customer service here on the line. Actually I take that back, two lovely techs and one who shot me in the foot in between them. She had me cancel my order instead of manually adjusting the $10 refunds and put them in while on the line with me. Then I was supposed to call back in the morning for a correction check. Waited 30 minutes and called back to find the original one could have been adjusted but the new ones (done only with her encouragement) were input after 1159 ET and the reference number she swore would work in the morning can not be applied.
:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Technician #3 gets a gold star. Not the $240 I had hoped to get through, I was scared off halfway through my card purchases, but I will feel the $100 refund was WELL earned with my 95 minutes on the phone tonight.

just signing up for this thread.

I hope to use Target cards to buy Disney ones...I hope another opportunity comes around...;)

I found this offer Sam's club which is in Indiana where I live. I can't tell if it is still valid or not. You buy a 100 Disney gift card and get a free Disney $10.00 gift card

Did Target customer service say why they quit offering the 10% off online so early last night?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Did Target customer service say why they quit offering the 10% off online so early last night?

I don't know, but I was able to buy the foam finger gift card at 11:50 for $90. I got 3 before midnight hit, so hopefully they go through. Better than nothing.

Thanks for the GC info. I managed to get 2 $100 Target GC yesterday. I also signed up for the Red Card for the 5% on Disney GC.

Does anyone know if this will work:
1. Get 10X$50 Disney GC and go to checkout
2. Disney GC get scanned and show $500
3. Scan Red Card to get 5% making total $475
4. Use Red Card to pay for $275 of $475
5. Use Target GC to pay remaining

That would make my cost for the $500 in Disney GC $459. Will that work?

I ended up ordering 6 mobile gift cards yesterday, but I've only received 1. It will be interesting to see if I ever receive the other 5.

FYI I ordered a bunch of the mobile gift cards yesterday - 5 of them in the early afternoon, then another batch in the evening.

My first 5 were just delivered via text within the last hour or so, so it's looking like about a 24-hour delay before they are delivered. But they did arrive! :woohoo:

Update, just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation:

I ordered 20 of these gift cards yesterday. 10 have been delivered, but I got cancellation notices for the other 10. I've been on the phone with customer service for a while, and it appears that the reason that 10 were canceled is that their system apparently limits you to 10 orders at a time. (It does NOT seem to have anything to do with the $10 discount, as I initially feared).

The customer service agent is trying now to see if she can get these orders reprocessed, still keeping yesterday's discount. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT 4:12pm: The supervisor then told me that the reason the orders were cancelled WAS because they were not supposed to have a $10 discount on gift cards. If that is true, however, I find it odd that 10 of my orders were fulfilled (some were even fulfilled AFTER the other 10 were cancelled). He said that they were not allowed to do anything to reissue the orders. I've sent an email to customer service as well, to follow up, but at this point I think I may be out of luck. I am very grateful that 10 of my orders were processed successfully.

My email from CS was something like "Thanks for bringing this error to our attention. I'm sorry you weren't able to place your order and we hope you will visit target.com again"

So, they admitted it was a technical glitch, said they were sorry but didn't offer a solution.

I don't know, but I was able to buy the foam finger gift card at 11:50 for $90. I got 3 before midnight hit, so hopefully they go through. Better than nothing.

Just an update. I received the three mobile gift cards I managed to buy from 11:50-11:59pm on Tuesday night for $270. I then took them to Target today and purchased $300 Disney gift cards. Worked fine, no problems whatsoever. Just wished I had bought more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter