Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this. I explained my savings method to a coworker. She was really interested, but I realized that when I explain this it sounds pretty insane.

. . . I buy discounted gift cards over and over again with other discounted gift cards . . .

Yep, Jen, I get it! This was me...I've tried to explain this a couple of times to friends & family and I realized after the fact, I pretty much sound certifiable. Oh well, even my dh who gets it all...was listening to me trying to explain to my neighbor friend, and I am sure I sounded nutty to him also. He is ever so grateful for this nuttiness though...

Joining this club. I have a "helper" personality, so I think I need to (politely) inform people when something would be beneficial to them. I've caught myself a few times explaining this and see "that look" on their face - they think I'm crazy to know this much/spend this much time to save some money. To each their own. Now I just need to learn when to keep it to myself.

Helper type here too. I wish I could lose this part of me. It seems so sincere and kind at the beginning but then wow, I always end up feeling like a loon. This is definitely a 'keep-it-to-yourself' deal. I am done. None more sharing unless it is on this thread.

This is a change. I noticed the same thing. This has me a little nervous as well.
Hmmm, this doesn't sound too good! But, I still think, hope it's not really a bid thing. I really think they'd take a big hit with people not buying their gc's there if things change, I think the way it is they make much more money!

I'm pretty sure it's always said that.
But, this I like better, lol, sounds better! Makes me feel like if they ever come back in the next weeks, I better use my target gc's right away, lol!

Looks like 100 cards are back in stock.

Then I see this and say, ooh, wait, I'm not ready to buy, lol! I converted to ebay cards to try to be ready if I get another 4x, 5x deal ebay bucks deal offered! I see why some are saying this is getting stressful, lol!

Helper type here too. I wish I could lose this part of me. It seems so sincere and kind at the beginning but then wow, I always end up feeling like a loon. This is definitely a 'keep-it-to-yourself' deal. I am done. None more sharing unless it is on this thread.
I'm so glad I'm not alone. I very much like to help people, but agree--they look at me like I have two heads when I explain this. Glad to have people who get it on here:)

Yes, totally addicting and very confusing :-) You should have seen me trying to explain all this to my neighbor friend last weekend. They go to Disney every other year, just buy tickets at the gate, never use FP, always go at high crowd times....I'm sure she thinks I am a nut lol...!
No offense to your neighbor but I think they are the nuts o_O can't imagine doing Disney in that manner.

This may have been posted before, but this thread is SO long and I can't seem to find it...Why do discounted Disney gift cards purchased from discount gift card sites (ex. Raise, GiftCardZen, etc) say that they can only be used in store? And if this is true, can I go into the store and use them purchase gift cards that can be used in park/to pay for tickets? TIA :)

Yep, Jen, I get it! This was me...I've tried to explain this a couple of times to friends & family and I realized after the fact, I pretty much sound certifiable. Oh well, even my dh who gets it all...was listening to me trying to explain to my neighbor friend, and I am sure I sounded nutty to him also. He is ever so grateful for this nuttiness though...

My DH is also really supportive. He says that if the savings are available and we are not doing anything illegal, then we should take advantage of the opportunity. He does loathe the entire premise of Swagbucks though because for every point I earn he knows that Swagbucks is making so much more money. But it's mostly passive income, so I don't really care.

Joining this club. I have a "helper" personality, so I think I need to (politely) inform people when something would be beneficial to them. I've caught myself a few times explaining this and see "that look" on their face - they think I'm crazy to know this much/spend this much time to save some money. To each their own. Now I just need to learn when to keep it to myself.

:wave: Me too.
I have family members who are going with us on our next Disney trip. I tried to spell out in simple terms some ways to save using gift cards. I even told them exactly how much I had saved at 6 months of doing certain techniques ($35 on Bing, $17 on Shopkick, $93 on Ibotta, etc...) They just don't seem interested. :confused3 Oh, well, as mfly said, to each his own. :)

This may have been posted before, but this thread is SO long and I can't seem to find it...Why do discounted Disney gift cards purchased from discount gift card sites (ex. Raise, GiftCardZen, etc) say that they can only be used in store? And if this is true, can I go into the store and use them purchase gift cards that can be used in park/to pay for tickets? TIA :)
The Disney Store is separate from Disney Parks. Disney Store gift cards cannot be used at the parks and cannot be used to buy gift cards or tickets in the store.

There are two types of "Disney" gift cards. Regular Disney gift cards which can be used both in Disney stores and in Disney parks , and Disney Store gift cards which are only good in stores. They will say on the back where they can be used. You cannot use a Disney Store card to purchase a Disney Gift Card.

I have been following but get confused on the eBay to target step. Do you buy actual gift cards, pay shipping and wait for them to arrive in the mail or is there a place to buy e gift cards for target on eBay?

I have been following but get confused on the eBay to target step. Do you buy actual gift cards, pay shipping and wait for them to arrive in the mail or is there a place to buy e gift cards for target on eBay?

Buy the physical cards & wait for them to arrive. Since the shipping cuts into your profits, make sure you're signed up for ebay bucks so you get a rebate back on your gift card purchases. Lots of people wait until there is a special ebay bucks multiplier promotion to maximize their savings/earnings.

This thread made me laugh today. I was helping a good friend of mine plan her first trip to WDW . . . helped her rent DVC, helped her plan the itinerary incl flights, booked her dining for her, bought her tickets using my Undercover Tourist Amex offers. I bought her some Dis gc's at Target during the last promo. I ALMOST volunteered to login at midnight to book her fast passes before I caught myself. I think I have a problem . . . lol

Jodie

I'm the same way here. I have some friends and family that could really use the savings, especially since they complain about the cost of Disney but refuse to do anything to save some money. They complain that it takes too much of your time. Well for me this is what I like to do, this is fun for me (yes - I have no social life - lol), it's become my hobby. So the time I spend on it is worth it. Like you, I am done sharing with those NORMAL people on the outside, they just don't understand the way those on this thread do.

Yes, totally addicting and very confusing :-) You should have seen me trying to explain all this to my neighbor friend last weekend. They go to Disney every other year, just buy tickets at the gate, never use FP, always go at high crowd times....I'm sure she thinks I am a nut lol...!
I mentioned the GC churning/CC churning (I've gotten quite a few free ticket trips from new CC signup offers) to the girls I work with and they were kind of snotty. One was going on about how I was just ruining my credit and then another one piped up about how people like me are the reason prices keep going up and went on about how good of a deal she gets putting all their expenses on ONE credit card which works out to a free ticket a year :rolleyes2. I have earned over $1900 in credit card statement credits, not including the many redeemed airmiles for tickets, just in the last year and a half. And my credit is 790. I win :P.

That rant felt good. But yeah....I have learned I am fairly unique in my circle of friends and coworkers. It's best to just keep quiet--people think your crazy, plus I don't want them getting "my" deals anyway. :teeth:

I'm the same way here. I have some friends and family that could really use the savings, especially since they complain about the cost of Disney but refuse to do anything to save some money. They complain that it takes too much of your time. Well for me this is what I like to do, this is fun for me (yes - I have no social life - lol), it's become my hobby. So the time I spend on it is worth it. Like you, I am done sharing with those NORMAL people on the outside, they just don't understand the way those on this thread do.

This 1,000 times! I do this because it entertains me. It is a hobby for me like knitting or running is for you. It works doubly well because it helps fund my 2nd hobby which is actually going to Disneyworld. :cool1:

This thread made me laugh today. I was helping a good friend of mine plan her first trip to WDW . . . helped her rent DVC, helped her plan the itinerary incl flights, booked her dining for her, bought her tickets using my Undercover Tourist Amex offers. I bought her some Dis gc's at Target during the last promo. I ALMOST volunteered to login at midnight to book her fast passes before I caught myself. I think I have a problem . . . lol

Jodie

Lol, it was probably easier for you this way then having to explain it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter