• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some miracle ebay has the Target gift card promotion tonight can you use mutiple payment methods? I have a $100 Ebay card so can I use a credit card for the remainder of the balance?

Yes - when this was available earlier this week I logged in via PayPal and used the balance from four different gift cards, then paid the remainder with credit card.

Yes - when this was available earlier this week I logged in via PayPal and used the balance from four different gift cards, then paid the remainder with credit card.
Did you find the deal on the first page or did you have to go to gift cards? Thinking this deal is over and Ebay did some false advertising but standing by just in case

Did you find the deal on the first page or did you have to go to gift cards? Thinking this deal is over and Ebay did some false advertising but standing by just in case
Agree. A few other GC deals promoed for Wednesday-Sunday already sold out, so I think it was a holiday head-start

It was a large banner on the home page. I happened to be on eBay for something else that morning and I saw it.

I completely agree that it's frustrating and deceitful for them to offer a "Black Friday" deal 4 days before Black Friday without any warning.

On a sidenote, I want to make sure people know that once they use a portion of their eBay gift card, it is (to my knowledge) irrevocably tied to your PayPal account. I made the mistake on a previous eBay deal of borrowing $5 (with permission) from a family member's new eBay gift card. It
locked the remainder of the gift card to my account. Just an FYI so people are aware.

Not that this is the thing we are all waiting on, but giftcardmall finally restocked their eBay listing with $50 and $100's.

is it me or is the Ebay "Black Friday deals NOT changing every hour like they explained they would in their advertisement?

is it me or is the Ebay "Black Friday deals NOT changing every hour like they explained they would in their advertisement?

It is not just you. It's the same stuff that has been up for days showing on their main page. I also saw the Target gift card early on the day they ran those on sale and it was in that same mix of ads that are currently on their homepage. Since nothing has changed, I am wondering what exactly is the hourly item?? How would you know?

Does anyone have past experience getting Ebates or other credits when buying Disney gift cards through Target's website, paying with Target gift cards? I have not gotten Ebates credit when paying with gift cards at other stores but didn't know if that was the same at Target.

Does anyone have past experience getting Ebates or other credits when buying Disney gift cards through Target's website, paying with Target gift cards? I have not gotten Ebates credit when paying with gift cards at other stores but didn't know if that was the same at Target.

If I'm correct, the issue with getting eBates on Disney Gift Cards from Target isn't paying with Target gift cards, it's that the purchase of gift cards is excluded from eBates cash back. Some people have had success getting around that by adding other items to the gift card order or using a different cash back website.

So I am here getting madder by the minute!! It is becoming very clear that Ebay pulled a fast one with the Target gift Cards!! I have found the entry and as others have said 10,000 cards were sold on Monday Nov 23rd. It states that they are sold out so I truly doubt we will be seeing this deal any time tonight like advertised!!! I know it will not do any good but I have contacted the seller to make a complaint with a note asking to make this right and stated that this is false advertising!!! Going to check to see how to contact Ebay as well!!! If nothing else they need to know that what they did was not right!!! Hoping others will do this as well!! Who knows if enough people complain about this then may be they will do something about it!!!

So I am here getting madder by the minute!! It is becoming very clear that Ebay pulled a fast one with the Target gift Cards!! I have found the entry and as others have said 10,000 cards were sold on Monday Nov 23rd. It states that they are sold out so I truly doubt we will be seeing this deal any time tonight like advertised!!! I know it will not do any good but I have contacted the seller to make a complaint with a note asking to make this right and stated that this is false advertising!!! Going to check to see how to contact Ebay as well!!! If nothing else they need to know that what they did was not right!!! Hoping others will do this as well!! Who knows if enough people complain about this then may be they will do something about it!!!
I am mad as well. I set a reminder alarm on my phone for tonight. Stayed up past midnight and have been searching and searching ebay for this deal. I haven't even found the listing! I'd like to complain too. Can you post the name of the store that opened up this "deal" on Monday when it was supposed to be for tonight, "9pm, PST"?

Sooo tired! Going to bed! I'll check here in the morning.

I am mad as well. I set a reminder alarm on my phone for tonight. Stayed up past midnight and have been searching and searching ebay for this deal. I haven't even found the listing! I'd like to complain too. Can you post the name of the store that opened up this "deal" on Monday when it was supposed to be for tonight, "9pm, PST"?

Giftcardmall. I had to find the add by surfing the web and that brought me to the entry. It was there that I found the information about them being sold out, how many were sold and what time the last one was sold at.

Here is the add.sj2rukch5bhh.jpg

Chillax!

1. The ad advertised a Thanksgiving blowout starting tonight, Wednesday, 11/25. There's still plenty of time between now and the end of Thanksgiving or even Black Friday.

2. It's a "Black Friday" deal so there's bound to be some madness attached to it. Think of all the people waiting in the cold in lines outside brick and mortars. You're sitting at home searching and refreshing a website. It would've been nice if the Target gift card deal went live exactly at 9 PM PT/Midnight ET, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts in the wee hours of the morning and it still wouldn't be false advertising.

3. When Gift Card Mall ran the sale on Target gift cards on Monday, it took almost 4-5 hours for them to sell out. I know because I was able to get in when they were 94% sold out hours after the first time stamped post about the deal appeared on Disboards. If you check back frequently, you'll have a good chance at getting in on the deal.

4. Just because Gift Card Mall ran a sale on Target gift cards on Monday that moved 10,000 units, doesn't mean they won't offer this deal again. This is GCM's entire business, and they sell discounted gift cards to various businesses all the time.

5. As for gift cards to Target, $185 for $200 isn't even that great of a discount. It works out to just 7.5% -- a discount or close to it that you can sometimes find on Raise or Cardpool. Not to mention it's likely to be limited to 1x gift card per account. So really, you're getting upset over $15.

6. Based on what I've seen in the past six months or so, it seems GCM runs $95 for $100 or $92.50 for $100 Target deals often, about every 1.5-2 months. Even when GCM isn't offering a discount, eBay seems to run eBay Bucks bonuses frequently enough that you still come out ahead or better buying from GCM at full price with shipping during these promotions.

You posted at 7pm but the ad says the hourly deals don't start until 9pm. And it didn't say when the target cards would be available. They could still make good on the ad.

Sent another complaint message to the seller and this time I attached a picture of the add!!! Again not sure if it will get me any where. I will post here if they respond!

I doubt ebay will sell any more. As stated 10,000 were sold and it says on the entry that they are sold out. I would not hold my breath if I were you guys. I hate to be so negative but I will be standing by just in case and post if they do make this right

You posted at 7pm but the ad says the hourly deals don't start until 9pm. And it didn't say when the target cards would be available. They could still make good on the ad.
They still have not changed what is available and it is after midnight now. They were suppose to have different deals every hour according to the add. Hoping you are right though

Last edited:
Chillax!

1. The ad advertised a Thanksgiving blowout starting tonight, Wednesday, 11/25. There's still plenty of time between now and the end of Thanksgiving or even Black Friday.

2. It's a "Black Friday" deal so there's bound to be some madness attached to it. Think of all the people waiting in the cold in lines outside brick and mortars. You're sitting at home searching and refreshing a website. It would've been nice if the Target gift card deal went live exactly at 9 PM PT/Midnight ET, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts in the wee hours of the morning and it still wouldn't be false advertising.

3. When Gift Card Mall ran the sale on Target gift cards on Monday, it took almost 4-5 hours for them to sell out. I know because I was able to get in when they were 94% sold out hours after the first time stamped post about the deal appeared on Disboards. If you check back frequently, you'll have a good chance at getting in on the deal.

4. Just because Gift Card Mall ran a sale on Target gift cards on Monday that moved 10,000 units, doesn't mean they won't offer this deal again. This is GCM's entire business, and they sell discounted gift cards to various businesses all the time.

5. As for gift cards to Target, $185 for $200 isn't even that great of a discount. It works out to just 7.5% -- a discount or close to it that you can sometimes find on Raise or Cardpool. Not to mention it's likely to be limited to 1x gift card per account. So really, you're getting upset over $15.

6. Based on what I've seen in the past six months or so, it seems GCM runs $95 for $100 or $92.50 for $100 Target deals often, about every 1.5-2 months. Even when GCM isn't offering a discount, eBay seems to run eBay Bucks bonuses frequently enough that you still come out ahead or better buying from GCM at full price with shipping during these promotions.

At the moment and for several weeks now the best you can find a target card on Raise is about 2 to 3%. I am running out of time because I planned on using mine to purchase the dining plan which will go up in price if I do not purchase by the end of December. Further more I bought an ebay gift card at a discount in preparation of this sale. Sure I could buy something else from Ebay with the money but at the time there really is nothing I want to buy. I do realize this was the chance I took and I am ok with that. What I am not ok with is false advertising! Sure hoping you are right BUT think of it this way. If they indeed have more cards and they are NOT sold out wouldn't they just adjust the price until they run the deal again? Sorry but I think we will all be waiting for nothing. Sure hope I am wrong though.

horse11 That ad you posted the pic of is the very ad that I kept open since last week so I'd not forget the details. But everytime I clicked on it I was taken to a general "deals" page and didn't find the Target GC deal. I figured it was bc I was searching too early (before the deal began) But even when I searched after the deal started (midnite ET last night) I only got the regular GiftCardMall listings.

So no one has posted here that they were able to get the deal overnight last night, huh? So it's anyone's guess when or IF it will actually be offered again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter