• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was offered overnight nor this morning. There seems to be a lot of people on slickdeals waiting on it too. Hope if/when they do offer it, there is plenty available!

To the pp who acted like this wasn't that great of a deal...maybe a month or two ago, it would not have been...but the discounts we are seeing at raise and cardpool these days are so low compared to this 8% discount. And many of us have eBay gift cards we are waiting to use to buy Target. This is a pretty decent deal for us to use those gift cards.

There's a $100 eBay gift card listed for $95 right now if you want to try to stack discounts.

Just saw this on slickdeals and bought one. Seems like it is limited to one per account. Saving $5 is great though. That is a free Dole WHip :dogdance:

Just saw this on slickdeals and bought one. Seems like it is limited to one per account. Saving $5 is great though. That is a free Dole WHip :dogdance:
Egifter has a deal if you but $100 Ebay gift card you get a $10 Ebay bonus card. Ends today.

I don't think it was offered overnight nor this morning. There seems to be a lot of people on slickdeals waiting on it too. Hope if/when they do offer it, there is plenty available!

To the pp who acted like this wasn't that great of a deal...maybe a month or two ago, it would not have been...but the discounts we are seeing at raise and cardpool these days are so low compared to this 8% discount. And many of us have eBay gift cards we are waiting to use to buy Target. This is a pretty decent deal for us to use those gift cards.

wendow, it's a good deal, but is the worry of missing out a $15 savings worth getting mad and firing off multiple complaints to Gift Card Mall and eBay accusing each of false advertising when a weekend-long sale had barely started? I'm just trying to put things in perspective. All I see on here is a lot of speculation and doubt that Monday's sale was it starting even before the Thanksgiving Blowout sale was supposed to go live. I fully realize the discounts on Raise and Cardpool have been around just 2-4% recently, and this is a "great" deal by comparison, but GCM does run similar sales often and eBay Bucks bonuses seem to come around even more frequently. There's still plenty of time this weekend for the Target deal to show up, and it's not the end of the world if you miss it.

What about buying an eBay gift card from Target using your Red Card discount then using that $100 to pay for the $95 gift card and you'll have $5 left over to use on something else?

What about buying an eBay gift card from Target using your Red Card discount then using that $100 to pay for the $95 gift card and you'll have $5 left over to use on something else?

Yes, you can do this, but it can take about an hour or more for Target to deliver the eBay gift card via email, then up to 4 hours for that gift card to activate. You have to take that time into consideration, because the deal on eBay may be done by then.

wendow, it's a good deal, but is the worry of missing out a $15 savings worth getting mad and firing off multiple complaints to Gift Card Mall and eBay accusing each of false advertising when a weekend-long sale had barely started? I'm just trying to put things in perspective. All I see on here is a lot of speculation and doubt that Monday's sale was it starting even before the Thanksgiving Blowout sale was supposed to go live. I fully realize the discounts on Raise and Cardpool have been around just 2-4% recently, and this is a "great" deal by comparison, but GCM does run similar sales often and eBay Bucks bonuses seem to come around even more frequently. There's still plenty of time this weekend for the Target deal to show up, and it's not the end of the world if you miss it.

I totally understand what you are saying. I am not mad nor have I sent a single email to eBay or GCM. Just stating that as measly as our discounts have been lately, this is a decent deal and I can see why people are hopeful for it. Especially people who have trips coming up soon.

And I do feel it is false advertising if this deal is not offered by the end of today. Ebay put out three different ads...a Thanksgiving day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday...the Target gift card was listed on the Thanksgiving Day ad which began last night and the new ad says it begins at 9pm PST tonight.

This is exactly what I did with an eBay gift card I bought earlier this week. But it takes several hours for codes to be active. There is no guarantee the eBay deal will still be available.

It would not bother me if I missed out on the deal. I am not about to cry about $15 and is not worth getting upset over. Sure I am excited about saying money but If I miss it I miss it. What does upset me however is how deceitful this appeared to be and more evidence pointed to that direction. The more time that goes by it is that much more evident that false advertisement was involved and that is wrong. there were 10,000 people who happened to either be on ebay or caught the deal by others telling them about it once they saw it. Now imagine how many more people were waiting for this deal and I am sure will be disappointed. What bothers me people will complain but do nothing about it and therefore companies will continue to get away with deceitful practices. Here are the facts:
1) 10,000 card were sold on November 23rd and are now sold out.
2) it is getting very close to the start of the Black Friday sale and Target cards as advertised for the Thanksgiving sale were never offered.
Here is pictures of the three sale advertisements from Ebay
Again I am more upset about the deceit than I am about missing out on a deal and I feel the company should not be allowed to do this to people.

Attachments

• sj2rukch5bhh.jpg
    sj2rukch5bhh.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ebay black friday.jpg
    ebay black friday.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Ebay Cyber Monday.jpg
    Ebay Cyber Monday.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone know if the target 20% off coupon they're offering after you purchase $75 today is good on Disney gift cards? Last year they offered a 30%coupon on black Friday and it worked on gift cards.

Does anyone know if the target 20% off coupon they're offering after you purchase $75 today is good on Disney gift cards? Last year they offered a 30%coupon on black Friday and it worked on gift cards.

In 2013, they offered this same deal. In 2013, it did not work on Disney "Entertainment" Gift Cards. I had some extra Target Gift Cards that I just converted to a discounted $100 Disney Gift Card this morning, so I'll be getting the 20% off coupon, but intend to use it on a TV.

No, it didn't work on gift cards. Some people forced the issue and found an employee to override the system. But that led to them discontinuing to honor the employee discount and 5% prescription coupons on gift cards.

In 2013, they offered this same deal. In 2013, it did not work on Disney "Entertainment" Gift Cards. I had some extra Target Gift Cards that I just converted to a discounted $100 Disney Gift Card this morning, so I'll be getting the 20% off coupon, but intend to use it on a TV.
So if you buy %100 disney gift card then you will get the 20% voucher but you just can not use it to but gift cards correct?

So if you buy %100 disney gift card then you will get the 20% voucher but you just can not use it to but gift cards correct?

I believe you will get the 20% coupon even with a gift card purchase, at least you did last ear, but you will not be able to use the 20% coupon on any gift card purchases (including 'entertainment' cards like Disney).

That is correct.
That is how it has worked in the past.
Does it also work if I buy Target gift cards? If so I can get the Target gift cards for gifts and look for one of my children's Christmas gift with the 20% coupon

Does it also work if I buy Target gift cards? If so I can get the Target gift cards for gifts and look for one of my children's Christmas gift with the 20% coupon
I believe that worked in the past, and is within the printed rules. You should be able to get the coupon by purchasing a $75 target gift card and then use the gift card when you use the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter