• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually was lucky enough to have got the deal, but I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't offer more on actual Black Friday because (in my opinion) it was advertised as their top BF sale. It just doesn't make sense that you would only offer your best Black Friday deal on the Monday before.

Posting twice in a row but: I just got notice that the eBay gift card I ordered last week from one of their $100 for $95 sales is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm not sure I think it's a coincidence that the Target gift cards went on sale the day before my eBay gift card arrived in the mail from eBay...

Anyone think that they will offer more later this week or was this it?

I want to be wrong, but I don't think so. This quick sale sold 10,000 units of $200.00 Target GC. That's nearly 2 million dollar worth of Target Store credit.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Here is the link to the ad for eBay's Thanksgiving sale:
https://blackfriday.com/stores/ebay/ads/thanksgiving/page-1

Seems to me there will be another Target gift card sale starting Wednesday night!!

Yeah, I am definitely hoping so. I really don't think they can advertise deals at happening on a certain day starting at a certain time, and then run it early, then not offer it at the set time. I would be shocked if they opened themselves up to "false advertising" possibilities.

Unfortunately, in all the hustle and bustle of preparing for actual Thanksgiving, I missed out on the Target card. So, I'm hoping another deal comes around, and definitely hoping for more than 1 per person.

Came across another Gift Card deal that someone may be able to shoot for. YMMV, of course, and I haven't been to the store yet to verify, but I've read on it.

Office Max is currently offering $20 instantly taken off $300 Visa/MC gift card purchase. There is a limit to 2. Now, some people are reporting only fixed value cards available, in which case buying three $200 would give you the most bang for your buck. Other people say there are variable cards available (where you can pick an amount between $10-$500 for example). The reason this matters is you would be paying the gift card fee, so the fewer gift cards involved, the fewer fees incurred, and the fewer fees incurred, the better the discount.

It's not a huge percentage. BUT, you can use the Visa/MC to flip for a Target gift card, and then use the Target card to flip for a Disney Card. Or, you can use the Visa/MC at any of the supermarkets with deals going on.

Came across another Gift Card deal that someone may be able to shoot for. YMMV, of course, and I haven't been to the store yet to verify, but I've read on it.

Office Max is currently offering $20 instantly taken off $300 Visa/MC gift card purchase. There is a limit to 2. Now, some people are reporting only fixed value cards available, in which case buying three $200 would give you the most bang for your buck. Other people say there are variable cards available (where you can pick an amount between $10-$500 for example). The reason this matters is you would be paying the gift card fee, so the fewer gift cards involved, the fewer fees incurred, and the fewer fees incurred, the better the discount.

It's not a huge percentage. BUT, you can use the Visa/MC to flip for a Target gift card, and then use the Target card to flip for a Disney Card. Or, you can use the Visa/MC at any of the supermarkets with deals going on.
I thought Kroger no longer accepts these for gift card purchases. I may be wrong but they have made their policy very strict recently.

Once everyone receives their Target cards through Ebay with the deal that was released the other day, Target could be out of stock of Disney gift cards for a good while.

Thanks! I went to my local Office Depot and bought 3 $200 Visa cards. I showed the manager a photo of the sign from one of the deal websites and he gave me $40 off my purchase. I was charged a $20.85 activation fee so I am ahead $19.15 or about 3.1%. I just wish there were some good Target cards to buy now! I also used my Disney Visa, so I got another 1% off.

Some credit cards have rotating categories that offer 5% cash back. These deals at Office Depot are best when you can also get that 5% back from your credit card company.

I thought Kroger no longer accepts these for gift card purchases. I may be wrong but they have made their policy very strict recently.

I have been able to purchase the $100 Visa gift cards (not the loadable) to get the 4x at Kroger. Then use that card to purchase Target gift cards to get the 4x again. Even with the Visa gc fees, its still a good deal considering the gas savings. The Short Pump location would not let me do it once, but I haven't had trouble at other locations.

Jodie

Well I'm sure a whole lot of these Target gift cards are meant to turn into Disney gift cards, so if you have a trip planned real soon, better get them churned into Disney asap.

I have been able to purchase the $100 Visa gift cards (not the loadable) to get the 4x at Kroger. Then use that card to purchase Target gift cards to get the 4x again. Even with the Visa gc fees, its still a good deal considering the gas savings. The Short Pump location would not let me do it once, but I haven't had trouble at other locations.

Jodie
That's what I'm remembering. I used to load a Kroger gift card (went toward dd's fundraising obligation for swimming) and use that to buy gift cards. I asked if that was still allowed and was told no (at Short Pump).

Do you need a printed coupon for this or do they just give it to you with purchase?

Sorry that I did not see this. They give it to you with the purchase and we just used a number of the coupons today. So the fuel perks are there and the coupons can be used multiple at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter