Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another question is, why do I even have to be the buyer of the gift card? I can call them and say that someone gave me the gift card as a present and since their system was hacked, it is their responsibility to issue a new gift card.

What I am saying is, in this case they are already going to come out of this mess looking very bad. They are clearly liable for what may be millions of dollars they will have to reimburse people and if they start shutting down peoples accounts, that is only going to make things a lot worse for them.
Please let us know what PPDGC says when you contact them. I'm still undecided what to do. Thanks.

I'm really surprised more people on the Disboards weren't affected by this. Considering how much we all seem to buy from PPDGC.

I am going to wait a few days to see what happens. This has to come out in the news in the next day or 2, and paypal/ebay will have to respond.

I am going to wait a few days to see what happens. This has to come out in the news in the next day or 2, and paypal/ebay will have to respond.
If there is any sort of official response it will come from PayPal as they are an entirely seperate company now. PayPal is the one who will have to pay the money out to fix this & their company will take the monetary hit whatever it may turn out to be.

I hope everyone gets their money back without repercussions. Fingers crossed for you all!

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm definitely a victim of this fiasco.
My BB gift cards were bought with Ebay gift cards earlier in the month of August.
Now, I'm wondering if questioning this with PayPal will get my PayPal account locked.

Everyone, be sure to check your gift card balances if you bought them from PPDGC.
The first commenter on the Dr of Credit article posted here got their refund via ebay. Wasn't sure if everyone saw that already but thought I'd mention it just in case anyone is looking for another way to get their money back.

For those finding Universal Studios gift cards at Kroger, what area of the country are you in? None of the ones around me seem to have them :(

For those finding Universal Studios gift cards at Kroger, what area of the country are you in? None of the ones around me seem to have them :(

Middle TN

As for the BB PPDG issues - doesn't that fall on Ebays guarantee?

I bought 7 of the $5 off. Funny how easily PPDG allowed me to do multiple repeat transactions now that gc to gc purchases are in place. Seems like all of a sudden PPDG's security algorithms got lax.
Got all 7 GCs. All were fine. However not one had a bar code. I brought to BB today for the 6pts/$1 shopkick and bought a few items along with my Disney gc. The csa had to call someone up who had to input the gc #s into an app on their phone to create a bar code. Thankfully that worker who knew the trick was there bc BB POS doesn't allow for them to manually key in the gc anymore. I'm wondering what's up with that bar code being gone.

If you are worried about your cards from PP/BB getting hacked, you can order the cards online for instore pick up. I also noticed mine didn't have barcodes, so ordering online was easier than having to deal with in store. Granted I don't get any shopkicks with it, but at least I know the cards won't be hacked between today and tomorrow!

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm definitely a victim of this fiasco.
My BB gift cards were bought with Ebay gift cards earlier in the month of August.
Now, I'm wondering if questioning this with PayPal will get my PayPal account locked.

Everyone, be sure to check your gift card balances if you bought them from PPDGC.

Thanks everyone for posting about this - I'm going to check my balances ASAP...incredibly frustrating!!! I have been meaning to go to BB to convert my last $200, but I hadn't made it a high priority because our trip is still two months away.

I am in the Atlanta area and all of the Krogers in my area have them.

Thanks everyone for posting about this - I'm going to check my balances ASAP...incredibly frustrating!!! I have been meaning to go to BB to convert my last $200, but I hadn't made it a high priority because our trip is still two months away.
I want to thank people for posting about BB as well. I hadn't decided what to use my cards for, so I have been sitting on $100. Fortunately, they are still good. I am so glad the BB website has a place to check these out.

I want to thank people for posting about BB as well. I hadn't decided what to use my cards for, so I have been sitting on $100. Fortunately, they are still good. I am so glad the BB website has a place to check these out.
I would use these BB gift cards today, if I were you.

FWIW, my $5 ibotta Best Buy rebate did go through last night. I used a scan code for it at checkout instead of shop kicks not realizing in the fine print ibotta excludes gift card purchases. I bought a $100 Disney card with a $100 BB digital card from ppdg that I bought during the $5 off sale and also 6% eBay bucks. That puts this deal at slightly better than what I'm making on Kroger fuel points. I suspect ymmv on this one. Not sure it will be reliable.

I have $300 in Best Buy cards that have been drained. This is frustrating. I've been contemplating canceling my December trip due to other reasons; this hassle feels like a sign that I should do so. :sad2:

I have $300 in Best Buy cards that have been drained. This is frustrating. I've been contemplating canceling my December trip due to other reasons; this hassle feels like a sign that I should do so. :sad2:
This is just awful. I feel terrible for everyone this has happened to. I hope that you can still go in your trip. And here I was mad at myself fir converting my last $200 of Best Buy to eBay a couple of weeks ago. Now, I am glad I did. I haven't used mine yet because I didn't want to do the return/exchange thing. I am
Hopeful for you that your money will be returned to you eventually.

I would use these BB gift cards today, if I were you.

I agree. I bought BB from PPDG in August as well. The only way I think I dodged this bullet is because I turned around and immediately converted to Disney. What a PITA for everyone!

could always just buy something at best buy, return it, and ask for a new gift card. that way it isnt connected to paypal.

could always just buy something at best buy, return it, and ask for a new gift card. that way it isnt connected to paypal.
You can buy a giftcard with a giftcard on BB online. Just add a small filler item and pay for that part with cc and the order won't get cancelled.

Sorry this happened to so many. I think it's evident to stay clear of PPDG no matter how good the deal seems.

You can buy a giftcard with a giftcard on BB online. Just add a small filler item and pay for that part with cc and the order won't get cancelled.

Sorry this happened to so many. I think it's evident to stay clear of PPDG no matter how good the deal seems.

I'm sorry to read that this happened to so many. I always try to spend my PPDG GCs right away or at least on the same day so fortunately I wasn't affected. (A habit I picked up from all the horror stories about eGCs purchased from Raise and other resellers getting drained.) Because they're delivered quickly, I can usually plan to use them within an hour or two. And because they're digital, I'm very wary they can be hacked from my email or from PPDG's servers, as opposed to a physical card that I can keep private and in my possession.

I'll also add that you can use BB GCs to order Disney GCs on BB .com for in-store pickup or delivery. BB. com sells $25/$50 denominations that you can combine on disneygiftcard .com. And you can earn 1% Ebates on your GC purchase from BB .com. However, if your order is only GCs and you are paying entirely with GCs, there's a very high likelihood your order will get cancelled. I don't think this is because BB .com doesn't allow GC>GC transactions per se, but because if you pay for a GC order entirely with GCs their online system doesn't require you to enter any billing details and then you'll get an email saying something like they couldn't verify your payment information. I think putting some charge on a credit card avoids this issue because you have to enter your billing information. If you're using BB to buy Disney GCs, this is a fairly straightforward way to immediately spend your eGCs and you have about a week to go to the store to pick up your order. But if you're buying some other third-party GC, availability may be limited on BB .com so check first. For example, BB. com doesn't sell eBay GCs online for in-store pickup or delivery. (Why you'd want to tie your $ up in more eBay GCs is up to you.)

Another note, if you use your BB GCs to buy something else and then return/exchange it, be sure to ask for a new GC. I believe BB's policy is to put the funds back onto the original form of payment (which might be your PPDG GCs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter