"Disney food I have just met you and I love you!" Updated Oct 10th, Sunshine Seasons

Hey Everyone Im home! And our AC is broken and its 85 degrees in here yikes! Soooo tomorrow look for some new reviews now off to find some coool air!

:) I'm in too. Can't wait to hear more and love the pictures!!

Here are a few photos of our home food court pop century!
DSCF2674.jpg

DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2685.jpg

DSCF2684.jpg

DSCF2683.jpg

DSCF2682.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

DSCF2673.jpg

DSCF2672.jpg

Oh my fellow food adventurers more Pop Century photos are coming as they slowly upload to photobucket!
Right now Im planning my next disney trip and honeymoon while I wait. DFi is not quite sold on disney but said he could be sold if we go in a colder month! So we're going to do an Alaskan Cruise and Disney in December but since its with our honeymoon money December Disney will be the rest of our honeymoon yay!

I love the pictures of the Pop Century food court. I really hope we get to stay there some day. It looks like such a fun place!

Looking foward to the rest of your reviews

hey there --what about the part of your review where you met a fellow disser on the DME bus??:) haha!!

Well I'll add that now!!

So I met girlsmom on the DME to Pop Century and it was great to meet a fellow disser..though I love how she perked up when she heard a 5 minute wait for Soarin... those are true disser ears there;)!

Here are the rest of the pop century food court photos..!
DSCF2700.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

DSCF2698.jpg

DSCF2697.jpg

DSCF2696.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2693.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

Well after conquering Wolfgang Puck express we went back to our clubhouse the pop century and finally saw our loverly room a nice kingsize bed room and refurbed we were quite satisfiedl
We decided to go minature golfing next! After golfing we decided to pay out of pocket and I got
DSCF2743.jpg

Chicken Penne Alfredo I loved this and Chris stole quite a bit. Last trip i always got cold noodles but this time it was hot and the chicken was hot hot hot! Dug would love it and he just met it hot and yummy! So this was a winner winner chicken dinner!

Chris got the meatball sub and salad
DSCF2744.jpg

Okay so this was more of a mediocre type meal. Its like it wasnt as good as creme de la creme ala Edgar when you want to share it with all your kitten friends and a mouse who has the same voice as Winnie the Pooh, but more like Subway style meatballs.
Now we're spoiled we have a place we go to where they make their own sauce, bake their own rolls and make their own meatballs half beef half lamb...so this was a let down. He also didn't want the salad but they insisted he take it anyways oh well it got sent down la trash.

We eat at the Pop Century food court alot!
Case point breakfast the next morning.
So we'd been at WDW one day and we're chomping at the bit to go to the parks so at 6am we went down to the Food Court...the drink stations were open, the bakery was open etc but not the breakfast pizza line it opens 30 minutes later. GAHH!! I want Breakfast Pizza, I'm demanding it...like this breakfast pizza will help me woo a prince like Tiana's beignets ...well Pop Century was like nope no pizza for you til 630am. Good thing I already have my prince right?!
So I went to the line at 625 before it was opened and they said hey what will you be having... like they had to ask. 2 breakfast pizzas please! Chris figures that if I say it is good it has to be good as I read the disboards. (he learns to love the disboards though he wont be joining as he says its my thing)
Here is heaven
DSCF2758.jpg

It is good a bit of sausage gravy, cheese, crumbled bacon, eggs mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
We decided today that we'd do double drink
You get the choice 1 drink and a pastry and an entree
2 drinks and an entree
or 1 drink fruit and an antree
DSCF2757.jpg

Well Chris is a milk drinker so he grabbed at milk when he saw it and cran apple juice he was pretty happy. We took the cran apple to Epcot with us
And I chose nestea and water...Chris drank the nestea and I took the water to epcot and drank Diet coke from my mug (Im an addict since I started my weight loss)
Oh right I gained 1 lb but lost 3 since ive been back so i must have gained some water weight

Well my dissers I hope you enjoyed this update
Up next... treats at sunshine seasons
and dinner at Via Napoli!

As an added bonus!
I made Ohana's bread pudding tonight! We are missing disney already so we sat drinking out of our resort mugs and ate Ohana's bread pudding!
It came out lovely and pretty darn close. I used French sweet bread from the bakery and used the recipe on All ears net!
I used a little less nutmeg than reccommended as Im not a huge fan...and even found Edy's vanilla bean ice cream!

Now a fun story. Here in Rocklin, CA we right near a Raleys/ Bel Air well the girl working the Deli counter saw my disney hat and asked about our trip. Turns out she worked for 9 months at Ohana making the bread pudding and I said omg i want to make it soo I made it tonight! (She also worked at Kona for 9 months making desserts there and is rehired to start in a few weeks again lucky her) Well im bringing her some over to work tomorrow as I found out she is working so Im pretty excited!
DSCF3579.jpg

DSCF3580.jpg

(yep my measuring cup just wasnt big enough for it all haha)
I dont have any of the dessert with ice cream I kinda scooped it and yup gone in 2 seconds.
Then Chris said I should add it to my dining report so thus I have!

thanks for a wonderful update.
Thank you!
Oooh...I need to make that!!!

Here is the recipe I bought most of the materials at the dollar store and the left overs at our mega cheap grocery store so it made enough for 6 -8 for under 12 bucks!

From AllEars
Ingredients

5 eggs
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread

1. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.

BANANA FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1cup spiced rum
1cup banana slices

1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.

2. Add spiced rum and flambe.

3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Ingredients

5 eggs
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread

1. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.

BANANA FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1cup spiced rum
1cup banana slices

1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.

2. Add spiced rum and flambe.

3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.

Great review so far! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and on your 100 lb weight loss!

That bread pudding looks amazing. I think I could skip the bread pudding part and just drink the sauce!

Sorry my next update took so long! I’ve been staying with Chris in Sacramento but it was time for me to head back to Ottawa to work and well I only have my learner’s so well get my license!

Well when I last left off Chris and I were in Epcot. After seeing Spaceship Earth, Captain Eo, Journey Into Imagination, a 5 minute wait for Soarin, Circle of Life and Living with the Land we were peckish but not mega hungry as it’s the first park day in the heat our tummies just were kinda reluctant and unsure what to think. The only thing we felt like eating though was picking fruit from the Greenhouses, but since I think WDW would frown upon us stealing fruit from the fancy doohickies oh yeah greenhouses we went to Sunshine Seasons. We looked at sandiwiches and such but nothing was overly appealing we wanted something fruity. So alas we went and got Strawberry Shortcake and Keylime pie. Yup both of those have fruit.

The Strawberry shortcake was like and fluffy and we found it quite large (We split both desserts equally). It was light and refreshing and hit the hungry spot in our tummies just right.
DSCF2830.jpg

The keylime pie was also light and large as well as refreshing. We couldn’t pick a winner between the two and loved both equally.
DSCF2829.jpg

Page 4 :scared1:

How did I miss this? Sorry I am in late, but I am here to stay NOW!!! :goodvibes ;)

Great reviews so far! Love it! :thumbsup2 Keep it coming! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter