Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Sigh....are we really not on the cruise anymore? Just in case you can't tell,
here are the

Top Ten ways I know I am not on the Disney Dream anymore:

10) The house is not moving gently.

9) My bed is not magically made when I go back to my room after breakfast.

8) No one has called me Madame today.

7) Nothing outside my window is bright blue.

6) Drink of the Day? Water.

5) My dinner table location no longer rotates.

4) Everyone I see is from the United States.

3) I can not hear steel drum music anywhere I go.

2) No one stands in my hall and hands me a sanitizing wipe before dinner.

1) Next Port Adventure? The grocery store! :sad2:

Repeat after me: The Cruise was great! The Cruise was great! :)

here are the

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Rose, did you remember to back space after you paste it in your browser, to remove the space between mouse and owners? That made it work for me. Great report Mike!

I did that a few times with no success, but today I tried again and bingo!:thumbsup2

here are the

:rotfl2::rotfl:
THE CRUISE WAS GREAT! THE CRUISE WAS GREAT!

Rose, did you remember to back space after you paste it in your browser, to remove the space between mouse and owners? That made it work for me. Great report Mike!

Yes you have to remove the backspace. I have enjoyed spending time over here on the Dis cruise board but there stupid rule of blocking mouse_oweners dot com is annoying.

I also cannot send the link in a private message becuase the Dis blocks it there also.

Starting to upload pics.
I'll share some on here with other DIS'ers in them so you can copy them.

Could be Sunday by then though.
Must go cook my own dinner!:eek::headache:
A definite sign I'm not cruising anymore:sad2:

Yes you have to remove the backspace. I have enjoyed spending time over here on the Dis cruise board but there stupid rule of blocking mouse_oweners dot com is annoying.

I also cannot send the link in a private message becuase the Dis blocks it there also.

Great report Mike and I loved your formal pics in the Dream lobby:thumbsup2

Starting to upload pics.
I'll share some on here with other DIS'ers in them so you can copy them.

Could be Sunday by then though.
Must go cook my own dinner!:eek::headache:
A definite sign I'm not cruising anymore:sad2:

Hi Rose! It's Sunday! I have pictures I should post as well. I'm still doing laundry though. Maybe later! :)

Oh, we did book a cruise date, and if we are lucky, we will keep it -
the 12-29-12 Fantasy 7 night! I am not going to join that list though
until it's more certain we will keep it. It would be fun.

Hi! We just returned last night. After the cruise we visited the dark side (Universal). Butterbeer is amazing! We then went to Disney Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Taylor then went Sea World Career camp for a week and had a blast!
We absolutely loved the cruise, meeting many DIS'ers and doing the FE. We received great gifts! We did rebook a dummy date and hope to sail again in the summer of 2013. Will post more later.
I miss the Dream!
Beth

I'm back from my hike, time to finish the trip report. My favorite moment of the cruise. We were at the show for 2nd seating for "Believe". The cruise director comes out and asked the crowd, "What do think, should we get the Captain to turn the ship around for another Five Day cruise, free of charge?" The crowd of course erupts in applause. She then says, "I'm sorry, I don't think I have enough pixie dust to pull that off." At that moment I screamed "But I BELIEVE!". I think it shocked her, she eventually said I was hired. I couldn't find her to sign the contract though! :rotfl2:

Hi! We just returned last night. After the cruise we visited the dark side (Universal). Butterbeer is amazing! We then went to Disney Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Taylor then went Sea World Career camp for a week and had a blast!
We absolutely loved the cruise, meeting many DIS'ers and doing the FE. We received great gifts! We did rebook a dummy date and hope to sail again in the summer of 2013. Will post more later.
I miss the Dream!
Beth

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lot of fun after the cruise as well. Someday we will go to Universal and experience the Harry Potter world.

Sea World Career Camp sounds awesome.

I'm back from my hike, time to finish the trip report. My favorite moment of the cruise. We were at the show for 2nd seating for "Believe". The cruise director comes out and asked the crowd, "What do think, should we get the Captain to turn the ship around for another Five Day cruise, free of charge?" The crowd of course erupts in applause. She then says, "I'm sorry, I don't think I have enough pixie dust to pull that off." At that moment I screamed "But I BELIEVE!". I think it shocked her, she eventually said I was hired. I couldn't find her to sign the contract though! :rotfl2:

Was that YOU? :rotfl: I was at that show, and she was kind of shocked! She'll have to change that joke or come up with a better reply! :rotfl:

Is there a link to your trip report? I might have missed it.

Wat that YOU? :rotfl: I was at that show, and she was kind of shocked! She'll have to change that joke or come up with a better reply! :rotfl:

Is there a link to your trip report? I might have missed it.

Yup it was me! I think she was a bit shocked. I mean c'mon we just finished a show about magic and how believing that magic can make anything happen and then say "not enough pixie dust!". Yeah that was a lot of fun for me! ;)

The link to my trip report is in my sig line

Hi Rose! It's Sunday! I have pictures I should post as well. I'm still doing laundry though. Maybe later! :)

Oh, we did book a cruise date, and if we are lucky, we will keep it -
the 12-29-12 Fantasy 7 night! I am not going to join that list though
until it's more certain we will keep it. It would be fun.

Awesome! I'll have to change mine to something.... don't know what yet.
But we won't be going anytime soon. Must go to France first!

I was there too, but didn't hear what you said. Only her reply. I really wish we could have gone for another 5 days!

I miss the Dream!
Beth

We booked a dummy date and hope to sail in summer 2013 too!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!!! :banana:

Ash, that was flippin' HYSTERICAL!!! It was the perfect response!!! We still laugh about it today!!!

We too, booked the dummy date and plan to move it to the Fantasy in June 2013!! Maybe we can all go together again! This time, I don't see the extended family going with us, so I'd be able to spend more time with others.

We really enjoy USO...just wish we had been able to find some decent pricing on tickets this year! Last time we went, they had annual passes for $99...that was cheaper than buying a regular 2day/2park pass! This time it was going to cost nearly $200 per person...we passed.

Football is in full swing!! Today we get a day off....but we were not suppose to. Yesterday, the coaches son and another team mate collided. they were not wearing helmets or mouthguards. The coaches son lost his 3 front teeth and last I heard, broke his nose. Connor said there was blood everywhere. We walked up as he was laying on the field and missed the actual collision. The scariest part is, this boy just had open heart surgery at Christmas time and he is on blood thinners still! so, it made for a bit of panic. The team stayed for a while and continued the event. As we came out of the weight room, the rest of the team was gathering. It was decided that we would pull from the combine and go to the hospital where he was in surgery. We get to the hospital....imagine a caravan of cars with the ENTIRE football team..fresh, jv and varsity. One mom runs in and finds out he's not at that hospital, but he had been at another and was already released and at the field house! So, we head up the interstate and get back to our field house. I didn't actually see him or talk to him. But since we pulled out yesterday, we won't go back today to finish the event.

If anyone still wants to friend me on facebook....I am Michele Marie Vassar Cunningham. I used my full name since this is my second acct. FB blocked my first one after I had been hacked and I had to recreate. Plus my HS friends can find me this way!

Not sure what we'll get into today! Maybe we'll go see Cars 2 since we have a quiet day ahead of us!!

Take care!

Double Dippin' Summer Lovin' Dreamer....
Michele

Hi all :) Been having trouble posting since I got back. Going to try it again so if you're reading this it work! :lmao:

Sorry I didn't see more of you all on the cruise and missed the room tour. I ended up coming down with a cold. Started out as just my sinuses bothering me, Wednesday afternoon I was really feeling run down, Thursday morning I felt great at Castaway Cay but by Friday I knew it had to be a cold. Just not starting to feel over it. Kept telling my husband that I wanted to go back to Castaway Cay since it seemed to help me feel better :)

It was so much fun seeing familar faces around the ship. A little shy to say hi most of the time but still nice not feeling lost in a sea of strangers :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter