Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a HOOT. I have no hair including eyebrows and lashes! Got to love chemo. I better have hair for the cruise though!

Hi To all Newbies!

FE's use to be so simple. It seems like it gets more involved and more of a chore as the years go by.

You hit the nail right on the head, what started out as Simple, has now evolved into ..... Whatever!

This is a fun "game" that was started with the Westbound Panama Canal cruise. For those who want to give gifts, please use the roster for names and locations of people. Participation is voluntary and you are not required to give anything to get anything !!

On the EB 2008 Panama Repo, we had just under 200 people on the FE list - took me two trips to get it done.

How were you notified of this upgrade deal? I would like to get the same deal on the 2/3/11 Dream cruise that I am booked on with an interior room. I hope you guys on the first two sailings share some info for the rest of us dream cruisers.

We received an email from our TA asking if we were interested. When it first came in we didn't get back to her in time and the lower rate was no longer available. Then a couple of days later TA emailed again and said DCL had opened it up again and she was able to get the lower rate for a higher category. Sometimes just luck.

We do check the DCL website ourselves occasionally and sometimes find lower rates ourselves and let our TA know.

Bob

Brag, brag!;) FE's use to be so simple. It seems like it gets more involved and more of a chore as the years go by.

It shouldn't be a chore. Here's something we put together for those on another cruise that wanted to know what was involved:

Remember the FE Exchange is supposed to be FUN. It should not become daunting.

Make it whatever you want. Some folks work from scratch and their talents really come through; others buy items that they think will bring a smile to the recipients. We have gotten gifts as simple as Disney pencils, candy bars, homemade magnets, postcards from hometowns/states, etc. Some are simply left in the FE, others are bagged (usually the small bags you would use for candy etc at kids parties) with ribbon, etc.

We generally do a gift per cabin, sometimes with small candy per person. Sometimes it depends on how far we're traveling to the ship (for west coast or overseas the FE gifts tend to be smaller for obvious reasons). On some cruises we've joined with others and done a group gift - lanyards and namebadges or wristbands. Each cruise is different, that’s what makes it fun.

Delivering the gifts is also a fun experience, also a great way to see the ship and all the cabin door decorations. Kinda feels like being an elf at Christmas. Some folks leave their gifts anonymously, others have their disname, others their first names; whatever you want. When you leave your gift is also up to you; we'll usually leave ours on a sea day. If your gift is themed, i.e. pirate, you may want to leave it on a certain day.

We’ve also volunteered to post the FE list on our cabin door so folks can make or check for any last minute cabin changes.

Remember FE = Fun.

Bob

Hi Peg-

Welcome aboard. I have seen you on various other threads I visit-for all the different magnets of course. I am totally addicted. On the Baltic I had enough magnets to change my door everyday.
Glad we'll get a chance to meet up.

Magnets - I have not even thought about magnets yet!!!!!!

Good Morning Cruisers!

Brag, brag!;) I just need to get on it. I don't know why I haven't yet. When is it due? I guess I will find out soon since we are adding WDW before. Kelsie will surely pester me.:rotfl2:

FE's use to be so simple. It seems like it gets more involved and more of a chore as the years go by.

What Bob said! Keep it fun! Yes, some folks do seem to go all out, and those gifts are amazing - but do not feel that you have to spend alot of time or money if you do not have the time or money! Lately, we have been keeping it really simple, as much for packing space as anything else. We will sometimes bring something extra for our table mates. But the bottom line is that it should be FUN!

This is a test of the link for a google document for the FE Roster. Please let me know if it works. Thanks!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApatTyLGlN9DdEpXam9oU3lnYlNYWGl5ZHljSmRKQ3c&hl=en&authkey=CJaf8MoD

Works for me! Great work!

Have a great day all!

Sarah - FE list looks good, thanks. One small change is you have by my name that we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we are not!! It feels like 10 years, but really has only been 2 1/2 years, lol!!!!

Hello Everyone:

It has been so long since I was last on the board....I have alot of reading to do to catch up....The summer in Niagara Falls was crazy and my restaurant was so busy I had no time to do any posting....I don`t see our names on the FE but we would like to be included....The girls will be getting the cruise for a Christmas present...I can`t believe I have managed to keep it a secret for so long.....Anyway, I hope to catch up with what is happening soon

Please include us in the Lanyards as well

Lawrence DH::MickeyMo
Mary DW::MinnieMo
Elizabeth DD (10):earsgirl:

Hey Linda,

We're doing the opposite now. We just got a deal to upgrade to a 9A for the second Dream cruise for less $ than staying in the inside cabin. So we'll get to experience the "virtual" porthole and then the real thing! Don't know which cabin yet as we're GTY for the 9A.

Bob & Dale (& Gordy)

I'm debating that same thing now too!

So, platinum planners.....now what is the date I can book my stuff? I know it is midnight eastern time, but I figure someone has already figured the date.

Guess I better get the cruise paid off...........

So, platinum planners.....now what is the date I can book my stuff? I know it is midnight eastern time, but I figure someone has already figured the date.

Guess I better get the cruise paid off...........

September 28.

Have any of you platinum folks rec'd any new info about the ship the cost of remys etc?? Us lowly gold folks are curious:rotfl:

Have any of you platinum folks rec'd any new info about the ship the cost of remys etc?? Us lowly gold folks are curious:rotfl:

No new information for us. :confused3:confused3 Guess it will be a surprise when we go to make bookings next week.

Bob

Sarah - FE list looks good, thanks. One small change is you have by my name that we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we are not!! It feels like 10 years, but really has only been 2 1/2 years, lol!!!!

Thank you. Sorry about that mess up with the anniversary! That means I placed the note in the wrong column--hopefully someone will catch that I missed their anniversary celebration. I'm assuming that you guys can see updates as I make them to the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter