• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hi DCL brides just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been lurking for a while and just want to say thank you for all your information. I am planning an October 2017 DFTW on whatever DCL ship we end up on (patiently waiting on the dates to be released) and your information has been so amazingly helpful. I just joined the forum and have soo soo much to learn and get ready and will probably be on asking a ton of questions.

Hi DCL brides just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been lurking for a while and just want to say thank you for all your information. I am planning an October 2017 DFTW on whatever DCL ship we end up on (patiently waiting on the dates to be released) and your information has been so amazingly helpful. I just joined the forum and have soo soo much to learn and get ready and will probably be on asking a ton of questions.

Congrats on your engagement!!! Can't wait to follow along with your planning. :)

Hi Everyone!

I’m very seriously considering a DCL wedding. I’ve been reading through this thread, but there are few things I haven’t been able to piece together that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me with?

1. After reading about the pro’s and con’s of on the ship vs. castaway cay.. I think on the ship would work better of us.. it seems more convenient and we’d rather have the whole day at Castaway to enjoy the beach! When do we get to choose the time for the wedding? I've read that there are a few time slots - do all of these get filled with different brides? I'm looking at a 7 night cruise on the fantasy.
  2. Can you make a reservation for your entire party to dine at Remy or Palo the night of your wedding? Obviously to do this, you’d have to know what day you ceremony would be.. can you pick a “sea day” for this? And if you can’t pick your ceremony day, how to you make dining reservations for that night?
  3. Does anyone have examples of invitations for this kind of wedding? And how far ahead do you notify guests? How did you decide on the guest list?
  4. How do you know which night will be fireworks night?
  5. I have some special dietary needs - no dairy, no eggs. Do you know if these kind of things can be accommodated for the wedding cake? I sounds like there’s not a lot of flexibility.. and I would want to be able to eat my wedding cake!
  6. how much extra photo time can you arrange with a photographer on the ship? It sounds like some brides have taken a photographer along with them on the cruise - how do you find a photographer who would be willing to do this??
  7. Has anyone done a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait session? what is the fee for this?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

Hi Everyone!

I’m very seriously considering a DCL wedding. I’ve been reading through this thread, but there are few things I haven’t been able to piece together that I was hoping some of you might be able to help me with?

1. After reading about the pro’s and con’s of on the ship vs. castaway cay.. I think on the ship would work better of us.. it seems more convenient and we’d rather have the whole day at Castaway to enjoy the beach! When do we get to choose the time for the wedding? I think we get to chose time slots, everything will be confirmed 45 days before sailing. I've read that there are a few time slots - do all of these get filled with different brides? I'm looking at a 7 night cruise on the fantasy.
  2. Can you make a reservation for your entire party to dine at Remy or Palo the night of your wedding? Obviously to do this, you’d have to know what day you ceremony would be.. can you pick a “sea day” for this? I think they try to do all weddings at see, unless on Castaway at least that is what Val lead me to believe. And if you can’t pick your ceremony day, how to you make dining reservations for that night? You'll know 45 days before sailing what date and time you will be getting married.
  3. Does anyone have examples of invitations for this kind of wedding? Best place to see what Disney brides are planing is the following link: http://www.disboards.com/forums/planning-our-happily-ever-after.166/ (I'm not good with links.) Many of us post picture of our stationary. And how far ahead do you notify guests? Personally, I sent the stave the dates a year in advance, and had my family spread the word around once we booked. How did you decide on the guest list? Not much help here, but we invited everyone we would have invited at a reception back home, and who ever could afford to go has booked.
  4. How do you know which night will be fireworks night?
  5. I have some special dietary needs - no dairy, no eggs. Do you know if these kind of things can be accommodated for the wedding cake? If they can't, they might offer you something else, I know a bride requested to have something different served for herself because she doesn't eat cake (Disneyducks12). I sounds like there’s not a lot of flexibility.. and I would want to be able to eat my wedding cake! They do accommodate dietary restrictions, but you would have to ask a wedding planner if a vegan cake can be made.
  6. how much extra photo time can you arrange with a photographer on the ship? It sounds like some brides have taken a photographer along with them on the cruise - how do you find a photographer who would be willing to do this??
  7. Has anyone done a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait session? what is the fee for this? I requested the same information last year and here is what Disney sent me:
Magic Kingdom Park Portrait Session - $1,700
One hour with a photographer and assistant (not including travel time)

Select one of three routes inside the Magic Kingdom (see attachment)

Complimentary pickup of the couple in the lobby of your Walt Disney World® Resort

12 print 6x9 album

Archival Disc

Private website for three months

I've answered what I know above.

Hello... I am posting a question for my cousin who is doing a VR on the Fantasy in May 2016. She wanted to know if anyone has had their hair done at the salon on the ship, how was the experience, any pictures/cost? thanks!

Thanks so much! I'm going to contact the planning folks to see if I can find out about the cake and I'll definitely check out that link. I also so come really cute ideas on Etsy!
OMG so many cute ideas on Etsy. The mickey bride and groom state room door magnates are so cute. Unfortunately I am 100% not crafty so I'm sure ill be patronizing a bunch of those shops :)

I answered your questions below in bold I hope that helps I was married on a seven night fantasy cruise on the ship so if you need more detail check out my PJ/TR :goodvibes

1. After reading about the pro’s and con’s of on the ship vs. castaway cay.. I think on the ship would work better of us.. it seems more convenient and we’d rather have the whole day at Castaway to enjoy the beach! When do we get to choose the time for the wedding? I've read that there are a few time slots - do all of these get filled with different brides? I'm looking at a 7 night cruise on the fantasy.
  • I agree I love that we did a ship wedding we had all day at Castaway with a seven day cruise they want your wedding on a port day so the boat is less empty we had our ceremony in the atrium and our reception in the d-lounge which I loved because it felt like a real wedding with my ceremony in one location and reception in a different one, also there are max 3 brides per ship 2 on board and 1 castaway I was on a ship with three brides and I was able to get the time and day I wanted just make sure to stay in constant contact with your planner and my wedding was mid day we couldn't get night which was a bummer but the atrium was worth it!
  1. Can you make a reservation for your entire party to dine at Remy or Palo the night of your wedding? Obviously to do this, you’d have to know what day you ceremony would be.. can you pick a “sea day” for this? And if you can’t pick your ceremony day, how to you make dining reservations for that night?
  • So we opted for our regular dining time because we had a big party and with remy or Palo you have to have under 15 or so we requested our dining rotation so that way our wedding night would fall or the night we ate at royal court and we had the big table in the middle
  1. Does anyone have examples of invitations for this kind of wedding? And how far ahead do you notify guests? How did you decide on the guest list?
  • I made my invitations by hand ( all steps listed on my PJ) I tole everyone word of mouth to book when the sail dates were released and then sent out formal save the dates and invitations
  1. How do you know which night will be fireworks night?
  • Its on pirates night you can call and ask if they have the schedule they should know ahead of time we did photos that night
  1. I have some special dietary needs - no dairy, no eggs. Do you know if these kind of things can be accommodated for the wedding cake? I sounds like there’s not a lot of flexibility.. and I would want to be able to eat my wedding cake!
  • I opted to do a wedding cake and an additional creme brulee for me and the groom because I don't eat cake so they will work with you just ask and the planner will give you different options if they don't ask on the ship I found my ship planners much more accommodating
  1. how much extra photo time can you arrange with a photographer on the ship? It sounds like some brides have taken a photographer along with them on the cruise - how do you find a photographer who would be willing to do this??
  • If you going to do any extra I HIGHLY recommend bringing a photographer that way you have no time restraints and they are with you the whole day my photographer Collette Mruk she does the pictures I have her info if you want that?
  1. Has anyone done a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait session? what is the fee for this?
  • I didn't do it because i was an extra 2500 and we brought our photographer but if you email your planner they will give you the details!
Hope that helps :goodvibes

I answered your questions below in bold I hope that helps I was married on a seven night fantasy cruise on the ship so if you need more detail check out my PJ/TR :goodvibes

• I agree I love that we did a ship wedding we had all day at Castaway with a seven day cruise they want your wedding on a port day so the boat is less empty we had our ceremony in the atrium and our reception in the d-lounge which I loved because it felt like a real wedding with my ceremony in one location and reception in a different one, also there are max 3 brides per ship 2 on board and 1 castaway I was on a ship with three brides and I was able to get the time and day I wanted just make sure to stay in constant contact with your planner and my wedding was mid day we couldn't get night which was a bummer but the atrium was worth it!
  1. Can you make a reservation for your entire party to dine at Remy or Palo the night of your wedding? Obviously to do this, you’d have to know what day you ceremony would be.. can you pick a “sea day” for this? And if you can’t pick your ceremony day, how to you make dining reservations for that night?
  • So we opted for our regular dining time because we had a big party and with remy or Palo you have to have under 15 or so we requested our dining rotation so that way our wedding night would fall or the night we ate at royal court and we had the big table in the middle
  1. Does anyone have examples of invitations for this kind of wedding? And how far ahead do you notify guests? How did you decide on the guest list?
  • I made my invitations by hand ( all steps listed on my PJ) I tole everyone word of mouth to book when the sail dates were released and then sent out formal save the dates and invitations
  1. How do you know which night will be fireworks night?
  • Its on pirates night you can call and ask if they have the schedule they should know ahead of time we did photos that night
  1. I have some special dietary needs - no dairy, no eggs. Do you know if these kind of things can be accommodated for the wedding cake? I sounds like there’s not a lot of flexibility.. and I would want to be able to eat my wedding cake!
  • I opted to do a wedding cake and an additional creme brulee for me and the groom because I don't eat cake so they will work with you just ask and the planner will give you different options if they don't ask on the ship I found my ship planners much more accommodating
  1. how much extra photo time can you arrange with a photographer on the ship? It sounds like some brides have taken a photographer along with them on the cruise - how do you find a photographer who would be willing to do this??
  • If you going to do any extra I HIGHLY recommend bringing a photographer that way you have no time restraints and they are with you the whole day my photographer Collette Mruk she does the pictures I have her info if you want that?
  1. Has anyone done a Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait session? what is the fee for this?
  • I didn't do it because i was an extra 2500 and we brought our photographer but if you email your planner they will give you the details!
Hope that helps :goodvibes

We are looking at the 4 day bahama cruise for our wedding and are wanting to do it on the ship I have heard they will do that on the at sea day do you know if that is correct? I just really don't want to ask people to spend a bunch of money to come on this cruise to see us get married then miss one out of 2 port days because of the wedding. I'm not patricular about the location (I would love for it to be on deck) if it means we get it on the at sea day.

Hi! I am doing a 4-night Bahama cruise as well. We will most likely be on the deck, since our group will be small enough (max amount of people is 18 or 20). While nothing is set in stone until 45 days before you set sail, I was told that our wedding will probably be on the day we are in port at Nassau. I don't know what determines which day it will be on, but I think your best bet is to call the Disney Weddings phoneline and ask about the chances of the ceremony being held on the day at sea.

I've listened to all of the cruise episodes of the Disney Wedding Podcast and I don't believe and of the brides with that 4-night itinerary had their wedding on the day at sea.

Hi! I am doing a 4-night Bahama cruise as well. We will most likely be on the deck, since our group will be small enough (max amount of people is 18 or 20). While nothing is set in stone until 45 days before you set sail, I was told that our wedding will probably be on the day we are in port at Nassau. I don't know what determines which day it will be on, but I think your best bet is to call the Disney Weddings phoneline and ask about the chances of the ceremony being held on the day at sea.

I've listened to all of the cruise episodes of the Disney Wedding Podcast and I don't believe and of the brides with that 4-night itinerary had their wedding on the day at sea.
Ok yea I'll have to try and call and see. I haven't really heard either way. If it ends up being on Nassau day that's fine as long as I get a little time to spend on the island (my fiance is a die hard pirate fanatic and really wants to go to the pirate museum and do a little running around) but we didn't find anything much else we wanted to do on Nassau other than roam around lol. Maybe I'll just have to request it end up being as late as possible so we still have time to get ready and do pictures and stuff. We will see.

@InSearchofMagic I don't think I have reached enough posts to put a picture on here...I'm having trouble posting....But I have already sent out invitations and would love to show you.

They look like boarding passes! I had them custom made on Etsy. We only did a ticket and an envelope, and then I made little paper shells with information on how to RSVP on our wedding website. Since we did a website, I didn't have to worry about RSVP cards and extra postage :) I am doing a planning journal in a different forum, but I wanted to check out this forum too for tips, so if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Once I hit 10 posts, maybe I'll be able to upload a pic of the invites!

image_zpsv6v5u388.jpeg

Ok yea I'll have to try and call and see. I haven't really heard either way. If it ends up being on Nassau day that's fine as long as I get a little time to spend on the island (my fiance is a die hard pirate fanatic and really wants to go to the pirate museum and do a little running around) but we didn't find anything much else we wanted to do on Nassau other than roam around lol. Maybe I'll just have to request it end up being as late as possible so we still have time to get ready and do pictures and stuff. We will see.

Yes, I've heard that there are a few options for ceremony times: 12pm, 3pm and then like, 4 or 5pm...the planner that you work with before you board your ship won't be able to do much in the way of nailing down details and all that, but once you get on the ship, the story changes and the onsite coordinator can do much more for you! Either way, whether you have an earlier or later spot, your fiance should have time to check out the museum :) I am just kind of hoping I can get a meal and a drink at the Fish Fry!!

Yes, I've heard that there are a few options for ceremony times: 12pm, 3pm and then like, 4 or 5pm...the planner that you work with before you board your ship won't be able to do much in the way of nailing down details and all that, but once you get on the ship, the story changes and the onsite coordinator can do much more for you! Either way, whether you have an earlier or later spot, your fiance should have time to check out the museum :) I am just kind of hoping I can get a meal and a drink at the Fish Fry!!
Awesome. Yea we really aren't planning on "doing" much because I really want this cruise to be about relaxing and getting married but I love to wander around a little in new places. Hopefully we can get in for like a 3pm which would give us the morning on the island lunch and getting ready time.

We are looking at the 4 day bahama cruise for our wedding and are wanting to do it on the ship I have heard they will do that on the at sea day do you know if that is correct? I just really don't want to ask people to spend a bunch of money to come on this cruise to see us get married then miss one out of 2 port days because of the wedding. I'm not patricular about the location (I would love for it to be on deck) if it means we get it on the at sea day.

Its a lot harder to get a sea day wedding on such a short cruise because thats the day the boat is full they like to do when people can get off the boat but with that being said I know you can sometimes get weird things I was able to get it approved to get married in the atrium which is not typical

I would just really let your coordinator know you want it on the sea day she will probably book you on a sea day but my experience is with the onboard coordinators they are very helpful they may be able to make a last minute change but thats not for sure

Good luck with your planning :)

Its a lot harder to get a sea day wedding on such a short cruise because thats the day the boat is full they like to do when people can get off the boat but with that being said I know you can sometimes get weird things I was able to get it approved to get married in the atrium which is not typical

I would just really let your coordinator know you want it on the sea day she will probably book you on a sea day but my experience is with the onboard coordinators they are very helpful they may be able to make a last minute change but thats not for sure

Good luck with your planning :)
Yea the more I think about it the more I would be ok it being on Nassau day. I really would like to end up having a sea day as just a kind of relax and hang out with everyone day too :). Oh well we will see how things work out. I figure I'll just talk to the coordinator and let them know my concerns and see what they come up with.

Okay I have a question that I could probably send to Valerie, but I thought I'd ask here first. For the reception, I know that buying extra bottles of champagne is an option, but I was wondering if it's possible to pay for an open bar for the reception. If it's in a location like the D lounge, it shouldn't be too crazy of a request right? Has anyone done this or asked about this before?

Thanks!

Hi Jenn --

I read in Bridget B's post on her planning journal:

"We're doing a welcome party onboard (hoping for Ooh La La) on embarkation day before our second-seating dinner. We'll provide an open bar for our 20-ish guests. To do a party like this, you need to pay for at least 25 guests (even if you don't have that many). Premiere bar package is $13.25/person (including gratuity)."

So I'd guess you could do the same thing in the D Lounge? I bet this at least give you an idea of whether it's worth checking into for you!

Thanks!

I also saw the menus for these from a Facebook group I'm in. We were considering doing a welcome reception like Bridget did, but it will probably be at the hotel before we sail.

I'll ask Valerie about doing this after the ceremony and hopefully the answer is yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter