Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Disney Cruise Collection events can be booked as soon as the sailing itinerary is announced and as few as 3 weeks before sailing. You do NOT have to book the wedding before you book your cruise, but it can be a good idea to check availability before you book your cruise.

They allow up to three weddings per cruise, but only one Castaway Cay spot is available per cruise.

Disney Cruise Collection events can be booked as soon as the sailing itinerary is announced and as few as 3 weeks before sailing. You do NOT have to book the wedding before you book your cruise, but it can be a good idea to check availability before you book your cruise.

They allow up to three weddings per cruise, but only one Castaway Cay spot is available per cruise.

Is that a recent change?

For our Jan 2015 wedding cruise

They did not allow us to book our cruise first

We tried too

We had to get DFTW weddings to give th OK
And do a place holder

Then our travel agent was able to contact DCL to book our cruise
And DCL and DFTW were able to link the cruise and wedding together
As well as link all of our guest to our reservation.

I thought you had to book the cruise first, which is mainly why I was concerned. Any recommendations on travel agents that have experiences with DCL Weddings?

I thought you had to book the cruise first, which is mainly why I was concerned. Any recommendations on travel agents that have experiences with DCL Weddings?

Hands down....Dreams Unlimited Travel
Tracey H was our agent...and she was beyond amazing.

Tracey handled/ was the TA for our entire wedding party, friends, family, guests etc

Everyone raved about the service they received from Dreams Unlimited Travel (and Tracey H)
they were amazed how fast she responded to their emails, questions, and so forth

Tracey H worked flawlessly with DCL & DFTW ( not an easy task since Disney's separate entitles can't do interoffice communication with one another)

I have done a wedding on DCL and have a vow renewal scheduled for June of 2016. Both times had to have a reservation on the cruise to book the wedding/vow renewal. Best to check to see what is available.

Thanks so much for all of your info. I can plan and organize my WDW trips just fine on my own but I think this one is gonna need a travel agent. Thanks for your recomendations!

Just got engaged last night and am starting to look into options :) Is Disney usually pretty flexible on dates that you want to have the wedding ceremony on a Disney Cruise? We are thinking of doing a 3 or 4 night cruise and would want to do it while were at sea so that we can still take time doing excursions when we are at Nassau and castaway cay. Does the captain do weddings on at sea days often?

Thanks!!

I probably haven't posted on here since my early teens when I first joined the disboards. Wow! Now I'm 24 and getting married on the Disney Dream! We set sail February 20, 2017 for my 12th Disney cruise. There will be at least 30 of us, possibly 50, and with my Beauty & the Beast theme and Alfred Angelo Belle dress, I refuse to have a Castaway Cay ceremony.

I want the ceremony in the atrium on Nassau day, in the late afternoon, with a reception afterward, before our second seating dinner.
Any thoughts on how possible or impossible this will be?!

Thanks!
-Jess

Just got engaged last night and am starting to look into options :) Is Disney usually pretty flexible on dates that you want to have the wedding ceremony on a Disney Cruise? We are thinking of doing a 3 or 4 night cruise and would want to do it while were at sea so that we can still take time doing excursions when we are at Nassau and castaway cay. Does the captain do weddings on at sea days often?

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your engagement! You can choose to do your wedding on a sea day however your options are alot more limited, I was originally scheduled to get married on a sea day but couldn't get the venue I wanted so if your flexible with venue you shouldn't have a problem with a sea day just request it in your planning guide!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

I probably haven't posted on here since my early teens when I first joined the disboards. Wow! Now I'm 24 and getting married on the Disney Dream! We set sail February 20, 2017 for my 12th Disney cruise. There will be at least 30 of us, possibly 50, and with my Beauty & the Beast theme and Alfred Angelo Belle dress, I refuse to have a Castaway Cay ceremony.

I want the ceremony in the atrium on Nassau day, in the late afternoon, with a reception afterward, before our second seating dinner.
Any thoughts on how possible or impossible this will be?!

Thanks!
-Jess

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I love your theme I was married on the Disney Fantasy in May and my theme was beauty and the beast as well! :blush: I did my wedding in the atrium and even got to walk down the stairs so I totally get not wanting to do a Castaway wedding, we also had about 30 people. I would really talk to your coordinator about an indoor wedding and they work better on port days, because more people are off the boat, my wedding time was 1:00pm that was as late as they could do it and we had the cake ceremony around 2:00pm, you should check out my PJ its in my link it has all the information on doing a wedding onboard! Good Luck :goodvibes

I am a teacher and will not know my spring break dates until 12 months before the cruise. Do the wedding dates fill up quickly? Is it competitive to get an onboard ceremony? We are thinking it would likely be the week before or after Easter.

Also, if I booked it earlier, the deposit is non-refundable right? Online it says the cancellation policy is the same as policy for the cruise reservation. Does this mean I can get my deposit back if plans change?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hi, I am so ready to get started but few who have followed the path that I choose for my wedding. I am getting married on the DISNEY WONDER in November of next year (which starts in like two days). My future husband and I have been engaged for a year this month, and have been together for eight years next month, and we are finally doing this thing. We've been booked for months now, we've even sent out save the dates and are working our way through the issues no one but me tend to have. For example, how do you handle having people book when you though no one would take a cruise for your wedding, at most we were thinking 15 people, booked we have 23! Yeah, we're freaking out less than a year and we've neared our cut off. How do you deal with that? Aside from being more exclusive?

Also has anyone got married in a room that wasn't offered? Or wanted to and got denied by the captain?

What room did you stay in for the wedding and was it worth it?

And the photographers . . . mixed reviews all around.

But what about the wedding planners and coordinators?

I guess I should actually read the forum, but it has gotten so long so I thought I would introduce myself see if anyone was in the same boat, no pun intended, while I go back and read everything that this thread has to offer.

Also, if I booked it earlier, the deposit is non-refundable right? Online it says the cancellation policy is the same as policy for the cruise reservation. Does this mean I can get my deposit back if plans change?

Thank you :)

Congrats! ::yes::

Our deposit is nonrefundable because of the room we got, but that doesn't mean yours will be. In fact I think it will be refundable same as the room if you cancle within a certain amount of time. According the the information I received when I booked it was within 75 days, but I've copied and pasted just for you. :scared: Hope I don't get in trouble, but you can find the info on the website as well.

3. CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS: Cancellations may be made by telephone or in writing. Changes to the vacation commencement date or changes of Guest names are subject to cancellation fees, stateroom and occupancy availability and prevailing rates at the time of the change. For cancellations, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded. The cancellation fees will be assessed regardless of resale of stateroom or hotel room. No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by the Guest after vacation commencement date or for any purchase of a Category with Restrictions (Inside, Outside or Verandah). All appropriate refunds will be made directly to the Guest’s credit card account or through the Guest’s travel agent if the reservation is made through a travel agent. Disney Cruise Line will not be responsible for the receipt of refund monies by the Guest from the travel agent. All travel documents including airline tickets issued by Disney Cruise Line must be returned before refund processing can begin. Please note that certain travel agents may withhold an agency cancellation fee. For your peace of mind, we recommend the purchase of the Vacation Protection Plan.
CRUISE CANCELLATION FEES:
CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port
Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount

74 to 45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms
44 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less No refund
Cruises 6 to 9 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

89 to 56 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms
55 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
Holiday Sailings*: Cruises 1 to 5 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

89 to 65 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms
64 to 43 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
42 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
Holiday Sailings*: Cruises 6 to 9 Nights where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port

104 to 75 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms
74 to 43 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
42 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
*Holiday Sailings are sailings that include Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day (US) or July 4th.
Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port

119 to 56 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge Staterooms
55 to 30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
Suites and Concierge Staterooms: All Sailings

90 days or more Deposit per Guest
89 to 56 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
55 to 30 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less No refund
For reservations made prior to March 3, 2015, the cancellation fees assessed will be based on the cancellation fees listed on the original confirmation unless the sailing date or vacation package is modified.

Last edited:

Thanks!!

First off congratulations!

From what my wedding coordinator/planner told me, they don't book weddings on port days, however that is for a 3 or 4 night cruise. My mom was worried that my wedding would end up being on embark day so we discussed mostly that, but I'm quite sure she said it is most likely going to be at sea, and they try to do it the first Sea day.

First off congratulations!

From what my wedding coordinator/planner told me, they don't book weddings on port days, however that is for a 3 or 4 night cruise. My mom was worried that my wedding would end up being on embark day so we discussed mostly that, but I'm quite sure she said it is most likely going to be at sea, and they try to do it the first Sea day.

Thank you! You gave me some great info I've been searching for for awhile! Congrats to you too! How many nights is your wedding cruise? :) I'm thinking if we go that route it will be at least 4 maybe 5.

Thank you! You gave me some great info I've been searching for for awhile! Congrats to you too! How many nights is your wedding cruise? :) I'm thinking if we go that route it will be at least 4 maybe 5.

3 nights 4 days. November 2016. So are you going to become one of us? Again though that's just my impression of how the conversation end.

3 nights 4 days. November 2016. So are you going to become one of us? Again though that's just my impression of how the conversation end.

Well we're really considering it! We are planning on March or April 2018 so we need to wait for itineraries to come out and I'm a teacher so I need to wait for my spring break dates to be released for that year to know if a cruise will match the dates well. We might decide to do the wedding at WDW but the cruise is appealing...We tend to change our minds often ;).... Does your 3 night cruise itinerary have an at sea day that your hoping to have your ceremony day be on? I haven't seen many 3 nights with a sea day!

Well we're really considering it! We are planning on March or April 2018 so we need to wait for itineraries to come out and I'm a teacher so I need to wait for my spring break dates to be released for that year to know if a cruise will match the dates well. We might decide to do the wedding at WDW but the cruise is appealing...We tend to change our minds often ;).... Does your 3 night cruise itinerary have an at sea day that your hoping to have your ceremony day be on? I haven't seen many 3 nights with a sea day!

Sam and I got engaged December of last year and our itineraries weren't out either so we were added to a mailing list that sent me an email THE DAY the itineraries were ready. Do that, if in the end you decide not to book, no harm, but this way you don't have to check every month to see if your request have become available. :headache:

Yes, I like the idea of the 14th but we disembark that day so no luck. I also like the idea of the 13th. We go from the 10th Embark day, 11th at sea, 12th Cozumel Mexico, 13th at sea, 14th disembark. We are leaving from Galveston, TX.

Hi, I am so ready to get started but few who have followed the path that I choose for my wedding. I am getting married on the DISNEY WONDER in November of next year (which starts in like two days). My future husband and I have been engaged for a year this month, and have been together for eight years next month, and we are finally doing this thing. We've been booked for months now, we've even sent out save the dates and are working our way through the issues no one but me tend to have. For example, how do you handle having people book when you though no one would take a cruise for your wedding, at most we were thinking 15 people, booked we have 23! Yeah, we're freaking out less than a year and we've neared our cut off. How do you deal with that? Aside from being more exclusive?

Also has anyone got married in a room that wasn't offered? Or wanted to and got denied by the captain?

What room did you stay in for the wedding and was it worth it?

And the photographers . . . mixed reviews all around.

But what about the wedding planners and coordinators?

I guess I should actually read the forum, but it has gotten so long so I thought I would introduce myself see if anyone was in the same boat, no pun intended, while I go back and read everything that this thread has to offer.

Hey hey! Sorry can't answer the lots of guest issue (we only had parents). I asked for the On-deck ceremony and got it, but it rained that day in port, so they moved everything to the Outlook lounge, which ended up being much nicer than I thought. I'll post pics of my wedding when I get them back all edited from my photographer (brought her onboard with us). She. Was. Awesome. We stayed in a verandah room, and it was worth it. We drank our champagne and ate desserts on the verandah in the evening, and it was perfection. Especially when you have parents who stayed on concierge level and would smuggle French macarons from their fancy private lounge down to you. Coordinators on the Dream felt like family to us. Our coordinator on land was very easy to work with and gave me what I asked for, but I didn't stray too far from what's offered in the packages. She was great and on point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter