Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Thank you emnems34 I hope our day will be just as perfect as yours.

I was wondering what others have done about the legal wedding ceremony. Has anyone had a small courthouse or other ceremony in your hometown or did you just wait to do it at the cruise ship?

Yes, we just went to the courthouse a few weeks before to make it legal. It was kind of nice actually because we had a few hours where it was just the two of us and no one knew we were married! : D

Hello! I am just starting the planning of our disney cruise wedding. I am super excited, we are thinking sept 2017 time frame! :) congrats on everyone that has gotten married or is getting married soon, I can only imagine how excited you guys are :)
HI!! We are getting married October 2017 so we are still in the early planning stages too. Congrats on your wedding!

If you get married on the cruise do you still have an option to take photos in the florida parks before they open? We love the idea of a cruise but are stuck on getting those photos.

Yes. Anybody can take those photos—you don't have to have a DFTW. The only restriction is that non-DFTW couples can't book the photo shoot until 4 months out, but Cruise Collection couples can book as soon as they sign their wedding contract.

what photo shoot are you guys talking about? I have heard that there is a package you can do for cruises but not entirely sure what exactly it is or how much yet? haven't received information on it.

what photo shoot are you guys talking about? I have heard that there is a package you can do for cruises but not entirely sure what exactly it is or how much yet? haven't received information on it.
When you get your planning guide from DFTW you will get the information on the photography packages. I believe they have been posted earlier in this thread if you want to look. It ranges from $349 to $999 for the cruise package. I believe what is being discussed here is doing a picture package in one of the disney parks.

I haven't read all the post yet still new to all this. So has anyone done a DCL wedding in October? I haven't got a planner quiet yet but I am working on it in a few month. I just need ideas. How do I follow the group?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
We officially booked our cruise on the Fantasy for the October 7, 2017 sailing!! I'm sooo excited!! We're going to do the onboard ceremony and having trouble deciding if we should do it on the deck, or in the outlook room. Any suggestions?? It looks like there's a piano for music in the outlook, but not sure how they do that if you have the wedding on the deck? Anyone have experience with either of these locations and have words of advice??

We officially booked our cruise on the Fantasy for the October 7, 2017 sailing!! I'm sooo excited!! We're going to do the onboard ceremony and having trouble deciding if we should do it on the deck, or in the outlook room. Any suggestions?? It looks like there's a piano for music in the outlook, but not sure how they do that if you have the wedding on the deck? Anyone have experience with either of these locations and have words of advice??
From the youtube videos I have seen it looks like the on deck ceremonies get a keyboard player. We are hoping to do an onboard wedding we are on the October 2, 2017 Dream sailing. However we have been told all we can do is request a location and time and they will try to take it into consideration. They have to schedule the weddings around the other activities on the ship.

Congrats!! We are sailing September 30 through Oct 7th 2017!! I am in the same boat as you, I am not sure exactly about the ceremony. We are getting married on the 1st of Oct of 2017, planning on having the ceremony on the patio. I seen so many videos and pictures and still not sure...

Congrats!! We are sailing September 30 through Oct 7th 2017!! I am in the same boat as you, I am not sure exactly about the ceremony. We are getting married on the 1st of Oct of 2017, planning on having the ceremony on the patio. I seen so many videos and pictures and still not sure...
Hi Tracey -- Is October 1st the 1st Sea day for your cruise? I was told that I would probably be on the 2nd sea day.. but I wanted to be on the 1st sea day.. do you know anything about this?

I talked with the consultant on the phone last week. She was brand new, so she had another consultant on the phone with her to answer my questions. I think her name was Sage?

Anyone have any experience with scheduling a ceremony onboard the ship?

Hi Tracey -- Is October 1st the 1st Sea day for your cruise? I was told that I would probably be on the 2nd sea day.. but I wanted to be on the 1st sea day.. do you know anything about this?

I talked with the consultant on the phone last week. She was brand new, so she had another consultant on the phone with her to answer my questions. I think her name was Sage?

Anyone have any experience with scheduling a ceremony onboard the ship?

We on-board on Sept 30 till Oct 7th. Here is a site that might help you out a bit... It has the wrong date on it but it's the same map idea for the western caribbeans. I hope I help you out..

I went on Pinterest and other sites on ceremonies and not having any luck. :(

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...ars-day-at-sea/january-7-2017-disney-fantasy/

Last edited:
Super excited just got an email from Faith the wedding services manager I will be working with. We had really wanted to get married on Nassau day of our 4 night dream cruise. And we got our wish!!! We are set for 3pm on Nassau day to get married out on the deck on the Disney Dream (as long as our guest list stays under 18 and we are at 15 right now). Still well over a year until our October 2017 wedding cruise but I feel so much better finally getting this figured out so I can know for sure (for the most part) whats going on! I'm so excited yay!

Super excited just got an email from Faith the wedding services manager I will be working with. We had really wanted to get married on Nassau day of our 4 night dream cruise. And we got our wish!!! We are set for 3pm on Nassau day to get married out on the deck on the Disney Dream (as long as our guest list stays under 18 and we are at 15 right now). Still well over a year until our October 2017 wedding cruise but I feel so much better finally getting this figured out so I can know for sure (for the most part) whats going on! I'm so excited yay!

That's such great news!! I'm so happy of you!! I'm getting married in October of 2017 too! When I talked to the wedding coordinators last week they basically told me that I couldn't make any requests for anything this far way, and they wouldn't even discuss days or times with me and said I'd have to wait until 45 days before the cruise. Which makes it really hard to plan what are going to do the rest of the cruise.. =( I'm wondering why there's such a difference between wedding service folks??

What have other people's experiences been??

That's such great news!! I'm so happy of you!! I'm getting married in October of 2017 too! When I talked to the wedding coordinators last week they basically told me that I couldn't make any requests for anything this far way, and they wouldn't even discuss days or times with me and said I'd have to wait until 45 days before the cruise. Which makes it really hard to plan what are going to do the rest of the cruise.. =( I'm wondering why there's such a difference between wedding service folks??

Thats really weird. I think I remember you said you were doing a longer cruise on the Fantasy so maybe it will take them longer to figure things out. Since we are doing the cookie cutter 4 night dream cruise I think maybe they have things a little more cut and dry to know what the possibilities are. I did have my TA specifically put in a request to have our wedding on that day when she booked the wedding package and when we got the conformation email from DCL it said Nassau Day so IDK if maybe that made a difference. She said they have 12:30 3 and 4:30 wedding time slots generally but the only time avaliable for that day would be 3 and since I was the first one to book for that cruise I got first choice. I'm sure none of this is really set in stone or anything but she made it seem like it lol. I know how frustrating it is to not know whats going on and not really be able to plan anything. Hopefully you get an idea of what your possibilities are sooner rather than later.

I think that is so weird how could you plan around that? 45 days would stress you out even more or at lease it would me... I would need more time then 45 days!!

Thats really weird. I think I remember you said you were doing a longer cruise on the Fantasy so maybe it will take them longer to figure things out. Since we are doing the cookie cutter 4 night dream cruise I think maybe they have things a little more cut and dry to know what the possibilities are. I did have my TA specifically put in a request to have our wedding on that day when she booked the wedding package and when we got the conformation email from DCL it said Nassau Day so IDK if maybe that made a difference. She said they have 12:30 3 and 4:30 wedding time slots generally but the only time avaliable for that day would be 3 and since I was the first one to book for that cruise I got first choice. I'm sure none of this is really set in stone or anything but she made it seem like it lol. I know how frustrating it is to not know whats going on and not really be able to plan anything. Hopefully you get an idea of what your possibilities are sooner rather than later.

Yeah, we are doing the 7 night, but it's not like a new itinerary or anything.. it's the same cruise the fantasy does every other cruise. They just go back and fourth between the eastern and western Caribbean.. so it seems weird to me.. oh well. I am going to contact my travel agent and see if she should make a request for the day we want. It was was kind of a weird call with my wedding coordinator because she was brand new, and there was another woman on the call too because she thought she might not know all the answers to my questions. The other woman on the call was kind of... bossy?.. it was weird.. and when I asked her about getting a my cake to meet my dietary needs, she was like well.. that won't taste good.. so you should just get a regular cake for your guests and they can make you something else.. I was kind of taken aback by that, because I would really like to actually eat my own wedding cake. It just wasn't a very nice customer service experience I guess... hopefully the experience gets better =)

That's really weird. I think I remember you said you were doing a longer cruise on the Fantasy so maybe it will take them longer to figure things out. Since we are doing the cookie cutter 4 night dream cruise I think maybe they have things a little more cut and dry to know what the possibilities are. I did have my TA specifically put in a request to have our wedding on that day when she booked the wedding package and when we got the conformation email from DCL it said Nassau Day so IDK if maybe that made a difference. She said they have 12:30 3 and 4:30 wedding time slots generally but the only time available for that day would be 3 and since I was the first one to book for that cruise I got first choice. I'm sure none of this is really set in stone or anything but she made it seem like it lol. I know how frustrating it is to not know whats going on and not really be able to plan anything. Hopefully you get an idea of what your possibilities are sooner rather than later.

Congrats on your wedding!!
I just spoke with my TA an she stated that isn't true. I am doing a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy and plan on doing the ceremony on the 1st of Oct if possibly. I think they need at lease a year to plan just in case something comes up and they fix the changes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter