• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

We are planning on taking a sit and stand stroller on our next trip (October so I really need to get sewing!) I was worried that the cargo space is small for carrying park necessities. This "saddlebag" was my solution.
DSC_1546.jpg

It has three straps that velcro on. The velcro where the little one will sit is hidden under his seat so he can't unhook it as we ride. Only one strap will have to be unhooked to fold the stroller.
I added one zippered pocket to the inside.
DSC_1541.jpg

The fabric is a home decor weight fabric I found at a textile factory near me. They sell a lot of fabric by the $ at the once a month sale. It is odd with this 22" Toy Story panel. I bought it a while back with no clue how to use it. It was too big for a tote bag and too heavy for clothing. Anyway, this turned out to be perfect! Now I just need to make one more so the stroller doesn't roll in circles.

I need something like this!!! Did you use a pattern at all??

I think if you did a Portrait Peasant by scientific seamstress, or Meghan/Molly peasant dress by sis boom (not sure what sizes you need), and use plainer fabric, maybe with ruffle and sleeves being one color, bodice/skirt another. Add an apron or pinafore.

Hope that helps!

I love seeing all the pictures of your girls!!!

I also like seeing your outdated username. :lovestruc

T
You ladies have inspired me and I started painting a couple things for the kids for our trip. I painted some shorts for our little guy
1794768_10152195673195027_227778791_n.jpg

1653344_10152195673200027_1722559425_n.jpg

Then I painted him a Panda t-shirt too because he is OBSESSED with Pandas since we went to the zoo last month. "ANDA" is his first and only word. I never thought I would love a word so much. :goodvibes
1888602_10152197154095027_1405591605_n.jpg

I love these! How awesome.

Welcome Dowchick!! I know what Lolita style is, although the nuances between the different sub-styles are sometimes confusing. For this audience I'd call it "Fancy Frilly Boutique Style Dresses for Teens and adults."

That Rabbit outfit is fabulous. Wonderful!!

This really made me laugh! And I agree, loved the rabbit outfit.

I've made such good progress on the "Rapunzel" dress! I have the under dress completely finished:

3c5b92a7-adcd-4798-9467-6874f9337bbb_zps1eae99db.jpg

Story behind that photo: I'd just put the dress on DD and she ran around the table to show her daddy and picked the skirt up just like that! She beamed. So of course I grabbed my phone and said "Do that again!" This is what I got, no smile. Oh well!

This is the Create Couture pattern I purchased from You Can Make This. Really simple, though it calls for rolled hems. That's fine because I have a serger now, but if you didn't, you'd have to add extra to the lengths for hemming (it says you can do a rolled hem on a machine, but that's not something I'd want to bother with).

I'm currently about 50% done on the over dress--the bodice is finished, and working on the skirt and ruffle. I can't wait to finish and share!

Eeep it's been forever! since I've been on here :confused3 I've been busy. Here is some recent stuff and then i'll post V's customs from our trip last August next. I've done a couple Mickey head shirts for people. But since the fall my mom and I have been making Chunky jewelry for girls, lots of custom and made to match stuff and of course, lots of Disney. Here are some things we've done recently.

I bought some Disney ribbon on eBay to do the Show No's for my daycare children. I also purchased towels as they were on for $4 each at Wal-Mart.

Should I wash them before I cut the hole and sew on the ribbon? The towels are bright colors and I don't want them to run or cause the grosgrain ribbon to pucker.

I bought some Disney ribbon on eBay to do the Show No's for my daycare children. I also purchased towels as they were on for $4 each at Wal-Mart.

Should I wash them before I cut the hole and sew on the ribbon? The towels are bright colors and I don't want them to run or cause the grosgrain ribbon to pucker.

Washing any fabric before crafting, sewing, etc is usually the best plan. I know any time I forget to prewash something horrible happens.

This is the most recent Disney thing I've created. The back pack was a Christmas present for a friend (my own personal guinea pig when it comes to making stuff) I used Butterick pattern 4147 with fabric I had in my stash and a thrifted bed skirt. The applique was done by hand and I may or may not have misplaced it and had to wing it on the front pocket placement.

224061_26Feb14_bag_front.jpg

224061_26Feb14_bag_app.jpg

Sorry the pictures are huge.

Eeep it's been forever! since I've been on here :confused3 I've been busy. Here is some recent stuff and then i'll post V's customs from our trip last August next. I've done a couple Mickey head shirts for people. But since the fall my mom and I have been making Chunky jewelry for girls, lots of custom and made to match stuff and of course, lots of Disney. Here are some things we've done recently.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116312748@N03/12798269745/

Your link isn't showing up, but I was able to pull it when I went to quote you. Awesome stuff!

Hi Everyone!

Some of the old timers might remember me, but I've been away for a long time. I've had some crazy wacky health issues for a year now, and am home recovering from my last hospital stay. Anyway, so excited to peek on the thread and once again see amazing creations! I love it!!

How's everyone doing??:goodvibes

Hi Everyone!

Popping in for a sec to say hi! It's been several months since I've been on, and not much sewing has been going on, either.

We sold our house in December, moved into a temporary house over Christmas, and moved into our new (to us) house in January. My sewing area went from a nicely finished, but smallish basement space in our old house, to an unfinished, but larger basement space in the new place. I've been crazy busy unpacking and painting, but was finally able to start sewing last week. First, my dad and dh had to add some outlets so I could even plug in my machines!

Anyway, I hope to be more active here again, but we'll see how it goes. We're planning an early December trip this year, so I'll have lots of customs to do! But before I can start those, I have to make a wedding gown and four flower girl dresses for a cousin's wedding at the end of May. The first muslin fitting was last week. Lots to do on that!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting caught up here, and "meeting" the newer folks!

Regards,
C.

Hey, new to the thread, I was interesting in getting an embroidery machine but wanted some advise. What do you use and what do you have to do all the Disney characters? Excited to hear from you! Thanks

I have a Brother machine....I purchase my designs from sites like frou frou by Heathersue. Those designs are so much better than the ones the machine has built in I think?? But you will have fun!!!

I think if you did a Portrait Peasant by scientific seamstress, or Meghan/Molly peasant dress by sis boom (not sure what sizes you need), and use plainer fabric, maybe with ruffle and sleeves being one color, bodice/skirt another. Add an apron or pinafore.

Here is a variety of portrait peasant, Molly, and Meghan dresses I made.

Another idea is to make a twirl skirt, with a portrait peasant top:

Twirl skirt is basically one width of fabric on top, two widths in the middle, and 3 widths on the bottom. Add an 1"-1.5" to the top to fold over for elastic, 1/2 " - 1" to bottom for hem. Gather layer two and three top to sew onto above layer with a 1/2 " seam.

I've made many Portrait Peasants, especially in dolly sizes, but they are basically the same as girls. Here is a princess one:

Nightgown (but more of a townsperson idea):

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your help!! I found some twirl skirts at Salvation Army and am planning to make or purchase a peasant top. My sewing machine died last month and I haven't decided if I should buy a new one or get mine fixed.

Looking for some advice on a pattern or how to accomplish what I want done. I am a teacher and I would like some sort of lanyard with a small zippered pouch. Originally I wanted something that I could put some clear plastic type material on it so i could do like a name tag, but now I’m thinking I could just embroider my name right on the pouch? Any ideas on patterns or what to add to this? Perhaps some other teachers are on here and have an opinion as to what will work or what to add to it or change. Main purpose is a name tag with some zippered part or something to contain some business cards. Any ideas anyone?

I miss not getting on here much. It seems that the thread has slowed down so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter