Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Your link isn't showing up, but I was able to pull it when I went to quote you. Awesome stuff!

I switched over to Flickr and am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to put the pics in. Someone wrote me insturctions so I need to try again.

Looking for some advice on a pattern or how to accomplish what I want done. I am a teacher and I would like some sort of lanyard with a small zippered pouch. Originally I wanted something that I could put some clear plastic type material on it so i could do like a name tag, but now I’m thinking I could just embroider my name right on the pouch? Any ideas on patterns or what to add to this? Perhaps some other teachers are on here and have an opinion as to what will work or what to add to it or change. Main purpose is a name tag with some zippered part or something to contain some business cards. Any ideas anyone?

I miss not getting on here much. It seems that the thread has slowed down so much.

Found this tutorial
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/vera-who-id-case

I love seeing all the pictures of your girls!!!

I also like seeing your outdated username. :lovestruc
Teresa will you be going to WDW in early May again? I'll be on my first solo trip.:cool1:

Hi Everyone!

Some of the old timers might remember me, but I've been away for a long time. I've had some crazy wacky health issues for a year now, and am home recovering from my last hospital stay. Anyway, so excited to peek on the thread and once again see amazing creations! I love it!!

How's everyone doing??:goodvibes
:hug:Wendy so sad to hear about your TBI. Are you able to sew?:hug:

nannye said:
Looking for some advice on a pattern or how to accomplish what I want done. I am a teacher and I would like some sort of lanyard with a small zippered pouch. Originally I wanted something that I could put some clear plastic type material on it so i could do like a name tag, but now I’m thinking I could just embroider my name right on the pouch? Any ideas on patterns or what to add to this? Perhaps some other teachers are on here and have an opinion as to what will work or what to add to it or change. Main purpose is a name tag with some zippered part or something to contain some business cards. Any ideas anyone?

I miss not getting on here much. It seems that the thread has slowed down so much.

This one is cute (but not zippered) and it shows how to do the lanyard itself
http://www.sew4home.com/projects/fabric-art-accents/key-fobs-secret-pocket-lanyard

This one has a clear pocket (also not zippered though). Look at the adorable matching roley thing (does that thing have a proper name?)
http://www.sew4home.com/projects/fabric-art-accents/key-fobs-secret-pocket-lanyard
I've done other projects with clear vinyl ( Ispy bags mostly) and its not too terrible to work with.

But here is my favorite easy way to do a zipper pouch and you can make it any size & connect a key ring to the loop.
http://www.sewdelicious.com.au/2012/09/simple-zip-pouch-tutorial-for-beginners.html?m=1

These would be a great idea for the parks in general I think. :) I will have to make some for our upcoming trip.

I've made a few of the "Essential Wristlets" from Dog Under My Desk and just love them! It would be easy to extend the wrist strap to make it a lanyard! She just added a pattern for a new one called "Get Carded" that looks nice as well!

Teresa will you be going to WDW in early May again? I'll be on my first solo trip.:cool1:

:hug:Wendy so sad to hear about your TBI. Are you able to sew?:hug:

Not really, they won't let me, but this month is TBI awareness month and I stitched out some green awareness ribbons to pass out...lol...frou frou by Heathersue has awesome designs!!

I miss you guys though! How is everyone? How are you?:thumbsup2

Looking for some advice on a pattern or how to accomplish what I want done. I am a teacher and I would like some sort of lanyard with a small zippered pouch. Originally I wanted something that I could put some clear plastic type material on it so i could do like a name tag, but now I’m thinking I could just embroider my name right on the pouch? Any ideas on patterns or what to add to this? Perhaps some other teachers are on here and have an opinion as to what will work or what to add to it or change. Main purpose is a name tag with some zippered part or something to contain some business cards. Any ideas anyone? I miss not getting on here much. It seems that the thread has slowed down so much.
Maybe in the hoop? Something like this? https://www.etsy.com/listing/119133311/in-the-hoop-passport-pouch

Regarding Flickr: when you click on the photo and the little share arrow at the bottom right it pulls up a window that has the sizes and share code. Make sure the radio button is bbs not HTML. Then copy and paste the code. It puts another line of text under with a link attribution I usually delete.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone, I just popped in and it seems that a lot of us old timers are doing the same lately. It's nice to "see" everyone!

Wendy ~ I am so sorry to hear of your TBI I think of you and your pup often. We got our boys at the same time and I have often wondered how you are.

Teresajoy ~ Are you by chance still selling the petties, or in contact with someone that is? I have a grandaughter that needs the "Petti Experience" LOL!

Hi everyone, I just popped in and it seems that a lot of us old timers are doing the same lately. It's nice to "see" everyone!

Wendy ~ I am so sorry to hear of your TBI I think of you and your pup often. We got our boys at the same time and I have often wondered how you are.

Teresajoy ~ Are you by chance still selling the petties, or in contact with someone that is? I have a grandaughter that needs the "Petti Experience" LOL!

Hi Mary! How are you!! Tigger is doing great although sometimes the terrible twos peak through...lol...he loves to shred! Are you on Facebook? :)

Anyone know where I can find an embroidery machine file for wave hone holders? I think they'd make awesome fish extender gifts for my upcoming cruise!

Wow, I am new to Disboards planning our family's very first WDW vacation and I am so excited to find this board! I have already spent the past half hour+ looking threw some of the great projects that have been posted.

I have been thinking of all of the things I want to sew for our Disney trip but, since we aren't telling the boys about the trip until the morning we leave, I am trying to figure when and where I will be able to do these projects :p

I have the opportunity to use a machine to applique some dresses and shirts for a family beach trip this summer. I was planning on using my sewing machine but now have the opportunity to use an embroidery machine. When I use my sewing machine, I cut the dress pieces and then applique and then assemble. Would I use the same process for the machine or would I applique, then cut, then assemble? Any advice, tips, good tutorials would be appreciated. Thx.

I have the opportunity to use a machine to applique some dresses and shirts for a family beach trip this summer. I was planning on using my sewing machine but now have the opportunity to use an embroidery machine. When I use my sewing machine, I cut the dress pieces and then applique and then assemble. Would I use the same process for the machine or would I applique, then cut, then assemble? Any advice, tips, good tutorials would be appreciated. Thx.

I always cut out my pieces, then applique, then assemble. That way you get the placement right.

We'll be heading back to Disney in December - it'll be our first trip to get to see the Christmas decor! I am only seeing full-body Christmas machine embroidery designs on HeatherSue. Are there more out there?

Also, having never done anything that detailed or with that many pieces on my embroidery machine, is it better to do it on felt? I know some people prefer to applique on felt but had never heard why some do it that way and some do it straight on the fabric...?

Also, is there a Disboutique group on FB?

We'll be heading back to Disney in December - it'll be our first trip to get to see the Christmas decor! I am only seeing full-body Christmas machine embroidery designs on HeatherSue. Are there more out there?

Also, having never done anything that detailed or with that many pieces on my embroidery machine, is it better to do it on felt? I know some people prefer to applique on felt but had never heard why some do it that way and some do it straight on the fabric...?

Also, is there a Disboutique group on FB?

We did Christmas time at Disney in 2012 and are pretty sure we will again this year. Such a special time to visit!

In addition to Frou Frou, I found Christmas designs from Bows and Clothes. You have to request access to her character section to see it.

Regards,
C.

I always cut out my pieces, then applique, then assemble. That way you get the placement right.

This is what I do too, but i you aren't that comfortable on your embroidery machine and are worried about exact placements you coul do the embroidery first.

I posted here some time last spring wondering about learning to sew and embroider. It was recommended that I jump into the a Scientific Seamstress Jamie sew along and you all got me hooked on sewing! Thank you! Now I want an embroidery machine. I'm considering a new Brother PE770 or 780 or a used Bernina Artista 150. They are a very similar price. What would your recommendation be? Also where can I find great Disney/Pixar embroidery files or Disney-like files? I saw a few when I checked the bookmarks, but I'm guessing I'm missing files somewhere. If there aren't files, can you all link me please? Thank you!!!

I'm not sure if this is off topic but, I would like to start sewing to supplement our income (aka maybe fund a Disney trip ;) ). Any tips on where to find information on how to successfully do this? Did those who do this take any classes? I've been sewing for 7 years but I'm sure I have a bit of perfecting to do for selling professionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter