Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Oh good!!! I saw you post after they closed the thread (they have NEVER done that to me at the beginning of page 250 before!) and I was afraid we might lose you!!

:welcome:!!!

Dorrrine is beautiful Cheryl!!!!
(sorry about all that meanie stuff....)

I go away for 2 nights a week (Thursday to my meeting, Friday for Pizza Night) and of course THAT is when we ALWAYS seem to reach 250! Next time I'll just move us early!

LivnDisney, I love seeing pictures of Jord! Funny that you would post those today, because I was looking throgh my pictures of Jord, and your family today! I think I have one of Jord and Corey, I should try to find it.

I think I have a pic of Corey and Jord. I also have Brian and Kit LOL

Wow, I would have missed the move! Thanks for the Facebook post! I wonder why they locked it so quick?

One of these days I'll catch up and post for real

I'm glad you saw the FB post! I was shocked we were locked so quickly too!

Ok, I found some Corey and Jord pictures!!!!

This was the first time I ever met Livndisney and her wonderful family!!!

Here is Corey holding Jord. This was back in May of 2008.

261591_10150241781018160_677208159_7508484_5392148_n.jpg

and another one, we were at the McDonald's that use to be at DTD
269527_10150241781213160_677208159_7508489_2950783_n.jpg

He looks so much younger to me in these pictures!

And, a bonus picture!!!!
PRESENTING.......

The ONE

The ONLY!!!!!

My Baby Sister

and

Digitizer EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEATHERSUE!!!! (of FrouFrou fame)
and JORD!!!!!!

268056_10150241780993160_677208159_7508483_5109418_n.jpg

Now, WHY can't I find a picture of me with Jord??????

I have a picture of my husband holding LivnDisney's DD's Kit, but no picture of me holding Jord????? This needs to be fixed!!! I think I need to make a trip to Florida!!!!!​

I think I have a pic of Corey and Jord. I also have Brian and Kit LOL

You can post your Corey Jord pictures too. :thumbsup2 I'm sure he will thank us! You don't have one of me with Jord do you?

I love the pictures of Brian and Kit!

I am here. That was very rude of that admin, and no way to be an admin:mad:. I searched all over the disboards for this thread and could not find it. I finally googled for disboutiquers part 26 and found ya. I guess I will just do that from the jump if it happens next time.

We were talking CPK at the end of the last thread.

My parents were down in the US when the craze hit and people were lined up to get them. My mom looked at them and said those are the ugliest dolls and said she wouldn't buy them for us.

Well we wanted them, everyone else was getting them. My mom got us Pumpkin Patch Kids instead. I was the oldest and knew the hair on them wasn't very good so I picked out a bald one. My sisters picked out one's with hair.

We still wanted a real CPK and we got them for Christmas. My mom was able to order 2, but wasn't able to get a third one. My dad apparently got up super early one morning and waited in line to get one for me (the other 2 were bald ones). He managed to get mine and then went back and grabbed another for a friend of mine.

I still have mine packed away.

What a sweet story!!!! What a great Dad you have!!!!

I got my first CPK when I was probably a bit too old for one (not that I cared!) I want to say I was in 9th grade? About 1983-84? We were in Florida over Winter Break. We were at a Kmart and they were holding a raffle for CPKs. They gave you a ticket when you came into the store and called off a number at a certain time. Well, I won one! I was very excite!!!! Patrick Michael has light brown hair and blue eyes. I still have him (or course). I even bought him one of the CPK pets (I can't think of the name of those) and his name is Jorge. (very similar to Jord, but Jorge is a boy)

Hey - I just wanted to tell you that I love the capris and everything you posted last night... I love the little red heart on the back - a cute little touch. :lovestruc The old thread won't let me quote/multiquote.

D~

I had posted my looong CPK reply on the last thread and then it wouldn't go through since the thread got closed.

Yes, they had the CPK with teeth, glasses, holding crayons, pacifiers....

They made clowns, ringmasters, foreign dolls (I have a Spanish boy -- I believe they had Scottish, Spanish, Chinese and ????), dolls whose hair you could style, baseball players, dolls riding horses, the pets as Teresa mentioned, premies, newborns, ones that were all rubber wearing swim attire or bathrobes.

They also came out with Furkins (I think that's what they were called) which were bears.

And after mentioning the CPK holding crayons I am just sick thinking about it. Mine are all in the attic. It is often over 100 degrees here. I fear my crayons were still in the dolls' hands when they got packed and now may be melted over the dolls.

I probably have 20-30 dolls. I really should go pull them out this fall and see what kind of shape they are in. 10+ years in the attic have likely done them no favors. My porcelain dolls are stored in dd's closet so they should be fine.

Oh, and didn't hey have CPK dressed in bunny suits too? I think I might have one of those. And lets not forget the twins. I have two sets of twins -- a boy and girl and a set of boys wearing these cute little animal costumes -- maybe deer or moose -- I can't quite remember.

And sad to say, i was 19 years old when CPK came out!

Ugghhh! I had to go to sleep last night and missed the move! Glad I didn't wait to long to check it out! And I have another finished project to share! As soon as I get the pics loaded!

I had posted my looong CPK reply on the last thread and then it wouldn't go through since the thread got closed.

Yes, they had the CPK with teeth, glasses, holding crayons, pacifiers....

They made clowns, ringmasters, foreign dolls (I have a Spanish boy -- I believe they had Scottish, Spanish, Chinese and ????), dolls whose hair you could style, baseball players, dolls riding horses, the pets as Teresa mentioned, premies, newborns, ones that were all rubber wearing swim attire or bathrobes.

They also came out with Furkins (I think that's what they were called) which were bears.

And after mentioning the CPK holding crayons I am just sick thinking about it. Mine are all in the attic. It is often over 100 degrees here. I fear my crayons were still in the dolls' hands when they got packed and now may be melted over the dolls.

I probably have 20-30 dolls. I really should go pull them out this fall and see what kind of shape they are in. 10+ years in the attic have likely done them no favors. My porcelain dolls are stored in dd's closet so they should be fine.

Oh, and didn't hey have CPK dressed in bunny suits too? I think I might have one of those. And lets not forget the twins. I have two sets of twins -- a boy and girl and a set of boys wearing these cute little animal costumes -- maybe deer or moose -- I can't quite remember.

And sad to say, i was 19 years old when CPK came out!

You bring back such fond memories of CPKs. :) I remember all of those. What I always loved, is how they smelled. :) I can't even describe it - it was probably some sort of nasty chemical - but I would sit there and smell my CPK's head for hours. LOL Come to think of it, that might explain a lot about me. :rolleyes1

Unfortunately, I have to work today. :( Again. I am hoping that some of my sewing supplies come in the mail. I ordered bobbins for Patience - so I can finally sew things with her - other than red. I am excited about that! :love: Then I have some fabric coming for the BG outfits - I have everything ready and cut out - so as soon as that gets here, I can wash it and get to work. I am also waiting on tags for one of my outfits (this particular pattern maker requires you to purchase tags, if you are going to sell an outfit from her patterns - even doll patterns - which really brings my profit down to nothing - oh well). I hope you all have a great day and I'll CBL. :)

D~

Well, it seems like instead of moving we were evicted! Now to go find the old thread and see what I missed.

Just checking in. Good morning everyone.

Since we live in N Georgia, we visit the CP Hospital all the time. They have a new big building off to them selves now...but I really liked the old hospital better. My GD4 doesn't really remember the older building, but she loves going to the new one.

I remember the first CP dolls that came out. All completely hand made. They were quite a bit larger than the dolls they have now. They were actual kids who wore a size 2 toddler clothes. Here in Georgia they were all the rage during the Christmas before my son was born, so that would have put it during the 1980 or maybe 1981 Holiday season. We were living in Missouri at the time but came home for Christmas. That Sunday morning, there were about 10 or 15 of those little dolls.

I fell in love with them right then and there. But I only had boy type kiddies, so I had to wait. My mother in law won one in a raffle for my oldest son. He was less than appreciative, and it lived at my MIL's house until she died. All the grand kids loved having it to play with.

After my daughter was born in 83, while they were still rare, she got about 4 of them for her first Christmas...of course, since we bought them at the PX, I had no clue how rare they were! Once I found out, I started making my own version of CPK...they were a hot seller for me. Every female child (and a couple of the adults) in our family got one of my hand made versions for Christmas in 84...

For my GD 2 birthday we HAD to get her her first REAL CP to take with us to Disney. It was crazy! Wal Mart had stopped selling them in some sort of dispute, and every Target store around had run out of them...so we drove up to Cleveland to the hospital to get one minutes before they closed...I called them and told them what was going on and they had one picked out for me and was waiting at the counter...

Nini

PS In addition to the Furkins, they also had Koosas...strange little animals/dolls. My boys each had one when we flew to Germany. By the time we got back (2 years) they had stopped making them.

Did I make it to page 3? I had to do a LOT of catching up this morning!

Lately I have had to fight my DH for computer time, as he is busy playing on "coolmathgames.com" Bloon Defense 3. The site is supposed to be for the kids, but the strategy games are addictive!

The WalMart near me had some of the 2yd packages for $6, but no Disney prints at all. :mad:

I finally got that elastic in the skirt, using a long bendable bodkin I found in the notions department of Zellers. Will post picks of the skirt soon.

I'm now working on a skating dress for my daughter. Using a Jalie pattern.
Will post a pic when that is finally done. Don't hold your breath though! :faint: It doesn't need to be completed until Sept. I usually have a number of projects on the go, and rotate through them when I get to a tough part of the pattern.

Love all the latest creations! Keep them coming!!!

Yay!!! And I'm new!!! And I promise to post a pic of a pillowcase dress!!!:rotfl::hippie::banana::banana::banana:

Welcome.'

Okay I am caught up.

Cheryl, Dorrrine is beautiful.

I have a bunch of CPK at my Mom I even have a set of twins. I remember playing with my friends and going to the store and buying real baby clothes for them. I was 9 or 10 so that was 80-81

Made it! Off from work today to take DH for a medical procedure (nothing serious) and then hope to do some sewing this afternoon. Supposed to be a great weekend weather wise, having a cookout with neighbors tomorrow night, and watching the grandpuppy this weekend.

Just checking in and have to go back to finish reading the last few pages of the last thread and get caught up here. I'm also planning outfits for our next Disney trip in February, once I finish DD's outfit for her first day of kindergarten next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter