• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE the pillow- I would quote the pic, but it's tough from the phone- also lOve the doll dress!

This is great!! What an awesome idea

I LOVE that pillow sham!

These are fabulous! You did a great job!

I ♥ this!!!!! I am adding it to my to do list if we ever get done making paper beads.

Thanks for the info! The first thing I thought of when I saw your pillow cases was how cool would that be with an autograph quilt....or soooo much easier than an autograph quilt!

Of course for both, in my case, I need to get back to WDW :laughing:

Thanks all!! That is exactly what I thought! I already have all the squares cut and signed from our Dec 2009 trip for a quilt, but since nothing has been done with them in over a year, I don't see anything happening anytime soon! :lmao:

This way I can have it done before we go! We're only going to be there about 2 days this May, but I know we are hitting all the "main characters" and it's also the Pixar weekend at EPCOT. So we should be able to get a lot of signatures in the short time. Only bad thing is Kenzie LOVES Rapunzel (we watch it daily), and the pillow I'm making is Rapunzel, but we won't be getting her autograph.

Oh well I guess that means I'll have to plan another trip!!:rotfl:

Okay ... if you had to choose between a serger and an embroidery machine, which would you choose and why???

And what would an embroidery machine set one back???
How about a serger?

DH asked me what I want for Mother's Day & my birthday (they're a week apart) ... I said I want an iPad2 ... :lmao:

But I would also love an embroidery machine and a serger ... honestly, I don't think ANY of those three things will happen, but it's nice to give him the info :-)

It depends on what type of work you do more - do you sew more or do you want the ability to add embroidery more? I got my embroidery machine first because I had a cheap substitue for a serger (side cutter foot on my sewing machine). My embroidery machine was actually about the same price as the serger (around 300). I use all three machines quite often so I think they were all good purchases.

I have played with the tension over and over and over again! I'm thinking it's one of two things -- it's either a threading error or a needle issue. Once I rethreaded by tieing on and somehow (no idea how) one thread didn't go right and it took me forever to figure it out. There is a guide on the machine for threading and a guide in the manual and looking last night they don't even match in the part I always have trouble with! So I may have that messed up.

Then there's a couple of needle issues. One is neither Joann's nor Hancock's had the right needles so I bought universal ones. I have used the universal ones without issue. But last night I broke a needle so I changed it and I am wondering if I do not have that in just perfect either. I figure I need to go to the Sew Vac tomorrow and see if they have the exact needle to eliminate that as a factor.

And to top it off, I have the needle in the left position and it's threaded as if the needle should be in the right. I figured that's why it was never quite right. I tried switching the needle to the right and it really loops excessively at the edge so I moved it back to the left and thread it properly now and it's still wonky and looping. I can't win.

It's a Singer serger -- don't know the model off hand. It was a gift from dh but I think it was just a cheapy. I know it was no more than $200. If I knew it was only $100 I'd just go buy a new one (differnt brand!) but if he spent more I'd like to get it working. He got it for me about 7 years ago so he won't remember what he paid for it.

Thankfully I can work on two Aivilo totes today and I don't think I use the serger at all in those. I really want the serger right to do the fleece blanket for my sister and then I have a BG to work on (but I think I can get by without the serger for it) and then I can't even sign up for Perrin's give until I get this licked!

Thanks for the You Tube suggestions -- I will have to see what model I have and what I can figure out. I'm sure I will play with it more today. It is driving me BONKERS! It won't even work when I go back to the settings I started with that stiched ok but not perfect ~ which makes me think the needle is an issue or something is funky with the threading. I know the threading has to be just perfect and last time I fought with it the mistake I made in threading was so hard to spot.:headache::headache::headache:

Refresh me as to what serger you got in case I need a new one. I know Wendy likes the one she just got. I can't spend too much b/c I do not sell.

I am sorry to hear about your serger problems Andrea. I also have a Singer (and we get along very well). I would try getting a pair of matching needles in there. I found that mine is much happier when the needles match. I also have to play with the tension a little bit when I use a new set of needles. I just experiment with the setting until it works. Oh mine also switches from overlock to rolled hem without any problems. I switch them quite often.

I'm a long time lurker here. I love all your work. My ancient kenmore zig zag machine only sews forward and backward now. Any suggestions on what to replace it with? My daughter is grown up but I used to make all her clothes and costumes with it. It's just worn out and needs to be replaced.
Liz

I just want to say welcome! So am I understanding correctly that you would like to replace it with a sewing machine? I think there are some suggestions on page 1. I really like the Brother machines (less expensive than comparable ones from other brands and quite user friendly).

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

They turned out so great, I am making my daughter one with Rapunzel.

th_DSC_0553.jpg
th_DSC_0554.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Great job! I am sure the characters will enjoy seeing something different!

Yay, round 25! :cool1:

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

They turned out so great, I am making my daughter one with Rapunzel.

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone had a great Easter!

That is really cute! We're going to do quilts this year, so I'm going to file that away in my idea bank for next year. I know my kids would love a pillow.

Signing in Page 3.

Just got home from my brothers house for Easter.

Came home with my niece.

Hello all :) I am brand new to DisBoards, but I am so happy to see this group here! I have been sewing for my kids since my 8 year old was a baby and I am so excited to make some special outfits for them for their first Disney trip (hopefully) next spring. I read a bit of the last thread but haven't made it through all yet - great inspiration there!

Ann (sorry, no sig yet)

WOW page 4 already! You guys are quick:lmao:

Froggy love the pillow

D.... love the princess dress.

Hello all :) I am brand new to DisBoards, but I am so happy to see this group here! I have been sewing for my kids since my 8 year old was a baby and I am so excited to make some special outfits for them for their first Disney trip (hopefully) next spring. I read a bit of the last thread but haven't made it through all yet - great inspiration there!

Ann (sorry, no sig yet)

:welcome:

I go to Easter dinner at the in-laws and almost miss the bus, but at least I made it. Page 4 isn't so bad I guess.

Happy Easter everyone! New thread and I am hoping that I can keep up with this one. I tried with the last one and failed miserably.

What pattern is this for big girls? I love the look and the leggings are too much. You have so much talent

It's closest to the simply sweet... but I made several modifications. :wizard: The leggings were fun to make - but a bit annoying... they are so tiny and hard to maneuver. :scared1: I like how they turned out though. :banana:

:)
D~

What pattern is this for big girls? I love the look and the leggings are too much. You have so much talent

Some simply sweet it looks like but with changes. CarlaC has some adorable doll clothes patterns on YCMT or most of her kids outfits come with the doll pattern too.

Ann (sorry, no sig yet)

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see you what you make!

I go to Easter dinner at the in-laws and almost miss the bus, but at least I made it. Page 4 isn't so bad I guess.

I was surprised we are only on page 4.

We left at 1, hit the mall (it was closed), then on to Lowe's to pick up our lawnmower. Kmart for tanks! Thanks for the shout out about the tanks there. They are exactly what I like. Then Dunkin' Donuts. We were gonna end up being a bit too early and Dallas never gets to go because there are none by us. On to Home Depot, killing a few more minutes. Then to my aunt's for dinner. BUT everyone else was running late so we left Dallas and ran out to an Old Navy! It is so nice to run all our errands when we are on the way to someone's! Not a typical Easter but saved me so much time and gas! If only hobby lobby had been open.

Yay! I made the move! I am exhausted from staying up late last night and getting everything ready for today and then getting up super early when my little ones woke up to check out what they got from the EB. I have a lot of orders to get caught up on, and then I want to start on some things for my trip in September. I found some of that super cool Mickey trim at JoAnns on Friday! I am going to attempt to make me a bag. I want to make some Pirate outfits for my kiddos, a princess-like dress for DD and that is all I have decided on so far. Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter