• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here. I should even have something to post on this thread. I made my girls Easter skirts but too tired to upload photos tonight.

I also made myself and 2 friends PJ pants for our trip next month. I just need to finish the waistbands and take photos.

I've been thinking about making myself a t-shirt for Pixar weekend at Epcot. I've got the picture in my mind but not sure I can execute it well. I'll have to see how things go at work the next couple of weeks. I may be lucky just to get myself packed and ready to go....

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

They turned out so great, I am making my daughter one with Rapunzel.

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Geez, I'm up past midnight last night, up early this morning, checked in this afternoon......but no -- couldn't move then. Had to move while I was at my Mom's for Easter dinner didn't ya?!

D~ from what I can see your rolled hem looks great!

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

Those look amazing!!!! What is the pocket on the back going to be for???

So this morning DH had to work EARLY ... the boys woke up with him... I made them wait until DAYLIGHT for their baskets ... Long story short, I decided we were going to get dressed and go to Biscuitville for brunch and go see DH at work ... This means a 40 mile drive from our house to Mooresville, NC (exit 36 off of 77) ... we did drive through and then drove back to exit 28 to take DH his biscuit at work ... where it turns out he was teaching a lesson (he's a golf pro) ... but it was ending so the boys & I walked up to the range to surprise him... turns out he was giving a lesson to Scott Clark - as in Scott Clark's Toyota (super big Toyota dealership) ... SUPER SUPER nice man!!!

Okay ... that is NOT why I'm telling you this ... I'm telling you this because I NEVER go to Mooresville ... SO SO SO glad I really wanted Biscuitville for Easter brunch today because GUESS WHAT IS OPENING SOON at the same exit???? A JOANN'S:woohoo::cool1::woohoo::cool1: !!!!!!!
So so SO excited!!!!!!!! There were also just a lot of good stores at that exit ... I'm interested to see what else is there ... But SERIOUSLY - a JOANN's!!!!!!!:cheer2::dance3::yay::banana::banana:

Those look amazing!!!! What is the pocket on the back going to be for???

Thanks! She said she wanted one so her daughters could put stuff in it - like books. They're a little older. The one I'm making my daughter doesn't have a pocket, just embroidery. I hope to finish mine tonight!

Aw, we went to pick up pizzas for dinner and I missed the move. Well, here I am.

One more day of kids on vacation and then I can get back to sewing!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

That is too cute!!! :goodvibes I may have to CASE that one if it's okay :thumbsup2

I am glad you got your maching semi-working. I switched my machine back to a 4 thread overlock... then my rolled hem on the leggings I was making started to unravel... :confused3 so, I tried to fix it - that didn't work. So, I made a whole new pair of leggings... switched my machine back to a rolled hem, and now it's back to a 4 thread overlock... I'd switch it back to a rolled hem for you again Andrea - but I think that switching it twice in a day is enough. :rotfl2: This is the best I can do, for now... the next time I switch it over - I'll get close-ups for you. :lovestruc

I did the rolled hem on the bottom hem of the leggings - hopefully you can see it:
aCIMG8871.jpg

D~

What pattern is this for big girls? I love the look and the leggings are too much. You have so much talent

That is too cute!!! :goodvibes I may have to CASE that one if it's okay :thumbsup2

You bet! They're really pretty easy. I back each side with fusible fleece to make them a bit more sturdy, but you wouldn't have to.

This is the link I used to add the zipper, but if you didn't want embroidery on the back you could always do an envelope pillow. http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/03/sewing-101-zippered-throw-pillows.html
Oh and 24"x24" is really big I think, although that does leave a lot of room for autographs. The one I'm making my daughter is only 16"x16" and is much more manageable.

Have fun!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

This is great!! What an awesome idea

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

You bet! They're really pretty easy. I back each side with fusible fleece to make them a bit more sturdy, but you wouldn't have to.

This is the link I used to add the zipper, but if you didn't want embroidery on the back you could always do an envelope pillow. http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/03/sewing-101-zippered-throw-pillows.html
Oh and 24"x24" is really big I think, although that does leave a lot of room for autographs. The one I'm making my daughter is only 16"x16" and is much more manageable.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info! The first thing I thought of when I saw your pillow cases was how cool would that be with an autograph quilt....or soooo much easier than an autograph quilt!

Of course for both, in my case, I need to get back to WDW :laughing:

I made it!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

I LOVE that pillow sham!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

These are fabulous! You did a great job!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

I ♥ this!!!!! I am adding it to my to do list if we ever get done making paper beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter