Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm TRYING to do my part to get us to 250!!! How many times do I have to post on this page to get us to 249????:confused3

Wow! See what 5 days with no Internet will do to your ability to keep up?!?! :scared1: everything looks really good. I especially LoVE the Ohana outfits. :)

I've been busy. Having a great time visiting family. I spent a good chunk of the day sewing today. Got 2 crayon rolls, 2 pair of upcycled boys jean shorts, 1 girls top, 2 pair of pj pants (minus elastic) all made and 3 sets of pjs cut out today. Pretty productive! Can't wait to get pics and share them with you.
My gosh you got a lot done! I mowed, vacuumed and cleaned the palyroom today, so I just did a wee bit of BG sewing this evening. I also did laundry so now I have ironing to do and I make myself have all my ironing done b/f I do any sewing. I can't wait to see everything you've made.

I totally collected CPK's as a kid . . . My Mom & my aunt used to make clothes for them and we did the craft fairs all over New England (sort of like you see AG clothes people now) . . . that's how my mom paid for all my Christmas presents and back to school clothes . . . i can still remember how she had an "in" at a Zares store that would call her when a new shipment of CPK's would arrive . . . she'd drive to the back door and had to pay cash and take whatever doll they gave her. . . but it was a HUGE draw at the craft fairs because they'd sell raffle tickets to win the doll . . .
Then my grandmother got into making the knock off CPKs - does anyone remember how you could buy the heads in a box and sew the bodies? Creeps me out to think about it, but I loved them just the same!!! :rotfl2:

Oh! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those capris! I so want to make myself a pair like them for our trip!!! It's like you just pulled the picture out of my head!!!!!
I still have all my CPK -- I must have about 30 of them. Sad thing is they have been up in the attic for years and therefore may not be in great shape. I just don't have room to store them in A/C and I really have no where to put them out. I have 4 porcelain CPK dolls and those I do not have in the attic -- they are boxed in dd's closet. I also have two of the very original dolls -- completely fabric without plastic heads. One I adopted from the Cabbage Patch hospital in GA (Cheryl, that is G-E-O-R-G-I-A, the state, not GA the "doll').

Jord is not from 83.

She is an CPK Newborn that was bought and given to my dd in 2005. Jord went EVERYWHERE with dd for years. Jord was well known on the DIS and at WDW. Jord has her own custom Disney outfits. (There was a "mishap" at WDW which resulted in several Disney managers looking for Jord).

(For years we had a spare "Jord" tucked away in case Jord was no longer able to fulfil her duties.)

Jord was at the first Disboards meet(she acted as tour guide). Jord was present when we met Teresa and Heather for the first time.
I figured she was a newborn -- way too tiny to be a regular size. She's adorable though!

*YAWN* Where is Teresa? I have to go to bed. I'm sure I'll be on page 10 unless the dogs wake me up really early.

I'm TRYING to do my part to get us to 250!!! How many times do I have to post on this page to get us to 249????:confused3

Apparently as many times as I did :rotfl:

So - here's a random question for y'all:

I'm worried that using the voted on equal red & white stripe material with a white apron over it will look like "Candy Striper" uniforms . . . :confused: What say ye?

My gosh you got a lot done! I mowed, vacuumed and cleaned the palyroom today, so I just did a wee bit of BG sewing this evening. I also did laundry so now I have ironing to do and I make myself have all my ironing done b/f I do any sewing. I can't wait to see everything you've made.

I still have all my CPK -- I must have about 30 of them. Sad thing is they have been up in the attic for years and therefore may not be in great shape. I just don't have room to store them in A/C and I really have no where to put them out. I have 4 porcelain CPK dolls and those I do not have in the attic -- they are boxed in dd's closet. I also have two of the very original dolls -- completely fabric without plastic heads. One I adopted from the Cabbage Patch hospital in GA (Cheryl, that is G-E-O-R-G-I-A, the state, not GA the "doll').

I figured she was a newborn -- way too tiny to be a regular size. She's adorable though!

*YAWN* Where is Teresa? I have to go to bed. I'm sure I'll be on page 10 unless the dogs wake me up really early.

I have an original preemie doll from Babyland General!!! She's not the porcelain head kind, but does anyone remember when the preemies were the same size BODY as the regular kids but had the baby "bald" head with just the tuff of hair?

I know mine are all up in my parent's attic in a HUGE suitcase . . . I tried to go looking at them while I was home, but it was SO hot - I couldn't even climb in the eaves to pop open the suitcase, nevermind sit up there and go through everything!!!:scared1:

Hey! D~ are you ready to make the jump whenever it happens? Are you still up? Maybe I should head over to facebook and give a warning shout ;) Don't want my moving buddy to wind up on page 15!!!!

Apparently as many times as I did :rotfl:

So - here's a random question for y'all:

I'm worried that using the voted on equal red & white stripe material with a white apron over it will look like "Candy Striper" uniforms . . . :confused: What say ye?
If you are doing a waist apron like you did with the Belle set and if you add the little fish to it I don't think it will look like a candy striper. I think Candy Striper outfits are pink and white.

candy_stripers_nexus.jpg

Okay . . . Coming from Columbia but looping towards Monroe . . . will you take 77 N to 485 E or are you coming up 74 from someplace?

If you can come up 521 somehow, stop at Indianland first (it's just north of where 521 & 160 intersect) - that's the one with the 2yd cuts . . . it's in the back row of the store between electronics and cleaning supplies/household goods. It's one row of fabric and one very messy row of notions, etc.

Take 521 North to 485 E (towards Matthews) and hop off at Providence Rd . . . take Providence Rd north to the Arboretum and hit that store's fabric department (I haven't been in quite a while but the other Marianne says it's the best selection between Monroe, Galleria & Arboretum).

You can take Hwy 51 to Monroe Rd/W John St and go North to Galleria Blvd where the Galleria Walmart is . . . that puts you heading in the right direction for Ikea as well . . .

OR - you can always take 51 to 74 and there is a Hobby Lobby right there and a Hancock Fabric just north of there on 74 :)

Hmm . . . what time you heading this way? My plan is to hit that Arboretum Walmart tomorrow morning - maybe I'll see you!!!:thumbsup2

Hope that helps (and I'm a little scared that I can give all those directions without a map) !!!

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

Thanks soooooooo much and I am soooo impressed with your direction skills!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I need to copy all those directions down. The ARboretum Walmart is it on Pineville Matthews Rd? I can't find it on the store locator. So I used Google. :cool1: and that was the address that was closest.

I was trying to figure out between the Monroe or ARboretum Walmart. Monroe is more along the path but the other seems so much better!

We are coming up 77 and planning on being in Indian Land Walmart Hopefully about 11-11:30 ish. I'm not sure what time we will make it to ARboretum Walmart.

Again thanks!

~Jennifer

I have an original preemie doll from Babyland General!!! She's not the porcelain head kind, but does anyone remember when the preemies were the same size BODY as the regular kids but had the baby "bald" head with just the tuff of hair?

I know mine are all up in my parent's attic in a HUGE suitcase . . . I tried to go looking at them while I was home, but it was SO hot - I couldn't even climb in the eaves to pop open the suitcase, nevermind sit up there and go through everything!!!:scared1:

Hey! D~ are you ready to make the jump whenever it happens? Are you still up? Maybe I should head over to facebook and give a warning shout ;) Don't want my moving buddy to wind up on page 15!!!!
That is what I have for my Preemie. I also have a CPK from the year they were released and have no date on the tush. It was when they were in high demand. My mom sent me to the grocery store to buy her lettuce and lard (yes, lard) and they had about 20 CPK so I came home with lard, cabbage (I had no clue the difference b/t lettuce and cabbage and obviously had cabbage on the brain) and a CPK. Then we went back and got my sister one. They were more picked over so I had a bald boy in a navy corduroy suit and she had a bald BOY in a PINK corduroy suit.

And the next year I happened to be at Target one day when a shipment came in. You were only allowed one doll but I snatched three and put them in a cart and called (via payphone -- no cell phones back then) my mom and sister to come check out with me. People were fighting over the dolls and one lady was stalking me since I had three in my cart telling me I was only allowed one. She was evil b/c she missed out.

Hi everyone! I'm new to sewing...but have loved looking at everything you do!! Hope I help you get to 250-and can't wait to bother you with all my "newbie" questions! Don't worry-I'll check page one first!:thumbsup2:rotfl2::worship::love:

Teresa mentioned she was going somewhere and would be back later. I hope she doesn't mean 4am by later. I really need to get to bed. My poor dogs are all discombobulated b/c they are used to being in bed by 10pm. Teresa has moved us in the middle of the night before. And she was calling Cheryl a "meanie" earlier.....

I don't think I posted these. DD had some jeans that were very worn at the knees, so I embellished them and chopped them into capri's and added a ruffle.
IMG_5907.jpg

and the back
IMG_5908.jpg

And today I made a camera strap cover with a lens cap pocket which is too small for my cap:rolleyes:
IMG_20110714_190857.jpg

Very cute!!!!

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

Thanks soooooooo much and I am soooo impressed with your direction skills!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I need to copy all those directions down. The Aboretum Walmart is it on Pineville Matthews Rd? I can't find it on the store locator. So I used Google. :cool1: and that was the address that was closest.

I was trying to figure out between the Monroe or Aboretum Walmart. Monroe is more along the path but the other seems so much better!

We are coming up 77 and planning on being in Indian Land Walmart Hopefully about 11-11:30 ish. I'm not sure what time we will make it to Aboretum Walmart.

Again thanks!

~Jennifer

I was in the Aboretum about a week ago. If you are looking for disney they don't have much at all. Their new fabric department is a lot smaller than the old one. I think I saw some tink, one princess, and some mickey fleece. Maybe some toy story. No regular mickey material.

Well I just made this skirt for myself. I thought it was a very simple pattern. Might be good for the Big Gives since it is so simple. Well I look like a fat cow in it. Definately need the waist strip. Here is the pattern if anyone is interested.
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-simple-skirt.html

I remember the original preemie's. I had one. I wish I kept mine. I think my grandma kept a couple originals in boxes, I'll have to ask her. I loved the baby powder smell.
After the preemies came the ones with teeth, right?

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

I need to copy all those directions down. The Aboretum Walmart is it on Pineville Matthews Rd? I can't find it on the store locator. So I used Google. :cool1: and that was the address that was closest.

I was trying to figure out between the Monroe or Aboretum Walmart. Monroe is more along the path but the other seems so much better!

We are coming up 77 and planning on being in Indian Land Walmart Hopefully about 11-11:30 ish. I'm not sure what time we will make it to Aboretum Walmart.

Again thanks!

~Jennifer

LOL - no problem! Yes, Arboretum Walmart is on Pineville Matthews Rd (store #1452 according to the walmart site :rotfl2: ) . . .
You'll go right past my part of town as you head up 77! I'm at exit 90 (Carowinds Blvd)!!!
I'll be out earlier than you . . . but good luck in your fabric searches!!!! And have fun at Ikea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter