Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first attempt at posting my pictures here so I hope it works.

My granddaughter has been asking me for a mermaid dress for her and her doll for a few weeks and I finally finished it.
th_Mermaiddresses.jpg

th_Arielruffletopcapris.jpg
Beautiful. The mermaid dresses are amazing. And the Ariel top and capris are so cute.

My granddaughter has been asking me for a mermaid dress for her and her doll for a few weeks and I finally finished it.
Mermaiddresses.jpg

I've been working on outfits for my grandkids for a Sept. Disney trip.
These are for my grandson.
MickeyPlutot-shirtwithshorts.jpg

MickeyPlutooveralls.jpg

ToyStoryt-shirtshorts.jpg

This romper is lined or can be reversible, so while digging in my stash for a lining I came across Charlie Brown with Snoopy and decided to make it reversible.
Disney-PeanutsRomper.jpg

Disney-PeanutsRomperReversed.jpg

These are for my granddaughter and I have more in progress for her.

Arielruffletopcapris.jpg

MinnieMouset-shirtskirt.jpg
oh wow Carol i love the boys stuff but the Mermaid dresses and the Arile sun dress are to die for! thank you for sharing!
*** also someone asked about the cherry tree tee i had posted,not done by me,it was from thrift stor ecan you believe! (6 cents J Khaki Kids brand! it was my inspiration for the kitty skirt then realized skirt and shirt cancle each other out since skirt wasn't a drop waist. so i did the meow shirt. sorry for any confusion.\****also the vintage looking roses peasent from the curtain panel yes that fabric is so pretty! i got 6 panels & it was 1/2 so i only paid #3.28! got a short skirt started for one of the twins and will do short skirts for the other g'daughter's except for the oldest who's 9,i want her a longer below the knee skirt to go with a green cardigan i got her...perfect for family reunion this fall!

Has anyone seen the cricut peppermint expression thing on sale at Joanns?? Is this a good thing? Does it cut vinyl?? Could it cut freezer paper?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11113453a

It seems like a great deal - (now don't ALL go run out an get one, I want one! :) )

Thanks!

OR

would it be better to wait around for something like the Silhouette SD, since that uses a computer program and you can draw/use your own shapes and don't have to use a cartridge. Thoughts???

Drive by post here! Finally finished something to share!

I had been hoarding this material for years and realized if I didn't make Sara Beth an outfit soon, she will be to old for it! This is a freankenpattern. Simply sweet combined with a simplicity pattern, combined with my own ideas. And it is my first had applique other than a mickey head!

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0004-1.jpg

Hoping to get one more project done this afternoon! We will see!
oh that caterpillar outfit is too too cute! will have to use it for inspiration for my youngets g'daughters who bot start pre-k this year...

Nicole, love the caterpillar dress!

Also love the mermaid dresses, awesome!

Has anyone seen the cricut peppermint expression thing on sale at Joanns?? Is this a good thing? Does it cut vinyl?? Could it cut freezer paper?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11113453a

It seems like a great deal - (now don't ALL go run out an get one, I want one! :) )

Thanks!

OR

would it be better to wait around for something like the Silhouette SD, since that uses a computer program and you can draw/use your own shapes and don't have to use a cartridge. Thoughts???

That does seem like a good price for a cricut expression with cartridges.

I have one and I know they do cut vinyl, but I haven't tried it. I would think it could cut freezer paper as well, but again haven't tried it. I know people post projects using vinyl. I have been reading the message board over on cricut.com and have seen some cute projects.

If you would like to make your own shapeson the computer then the cricut is not the best choice I have heard, but I love it with the cartridges. It depends on how you most think you might like to use it though.

Wow! Lots of new people around here! I haven't posted in several years. I didn't even remember what my screen name was exactly. It was something like my2tinks, but I couldn't get logged in so I had to make another.

My fiance and I ( I think I was still married to my ex last time I was here!:laughing:) are taking my girls to Disneyland on August 3rd! We are super excited. Haven't been to either park in ages. Life kinda gets in the way of the happiest place on earth sometimes.

Not sure if many here will have a clue who I am. Just in case someone remembers the old days, I'm Denise. I have two girls, Riley (13) and Drew (9). I believe Riley was really struggling with her health last time I was around. Since then I have taken her to the Mayo clinic and things have improved slightly. She had to leave public school at one point and we are hoping that we have enough control of the situation to get her back in next year! Anyway. I'm gonna start snooping through the old posts to see what is going on with all of you. Some of you I am already spying on via facebook. :rotfl2:

Nicole, love the caterpillar dress!

Also love the mermaid dresses, awesome!

That does seem like a good price for a cricut expression with cartridges.

I have one and I know they do cut vinyl, but I haven't tried it. I would think it could cut freezer paper as well, but again haven't tried it. I know people post projects using vinyl. I have been reading the message board over on cricut.com and have seen some cute projects.

If you would like to make your own shapeson the computer then the cricut is not the best choice I have heard, but I love it with the cartridges. It depends on how you most think you might like to use it though.
Thanks! I think it is an awesome deal, but I got to looking around and think I like the SilhouetteSD. You can use your own drawings and download cheap fonts/designs from them online. It's not a must have thing right now. I hardly have time to use the things I do have! :)

Thanks for the info though!

I was able to look this up.. while at work, shhh!

For the flouncy skirt

Yoke and skort pieces - 5/8 yard for up to size 5
Yoke only (if not making skort) 3/8 yard for up to size 5

For skirt part
Up to 10" in length - 5/8 yard for skirt and 5/8 for lining
10.5" - 12" - 3/4 yard for each
12" - 19" - 1 yard for each.

Lining and skort don't necessarily have to use the fashion fabric, if that helps.

Thanks!!! That helps a lot!!!! I really appreciate you looking it up!

Mermaiddresses.jpg

MickeyPlutooveralls.jpg

This romper is lined or can be reversible, so while digging in my stash for a lining I came across Charlie Brown with Snoopy and decided to make it reversible.
Disney-PeanutsRomper.jpg

Arielruffletopcapris.jpg

WOW!!! Just WOW! All of it is terrific! :worship:

You did a great job. Those are all really cute.

Um, I just have to tell you, I did go to the IndianLand Walmart after I left Rita's. I've never seen an entire AISLE of 2 yd cuts at Walmart! Why oh why did I listen to you that the IndianLand Walmart had them? I got a bunch on clearance for $5.00 . . . including a red & white stripe that is perfect for my project!!! It was great to meet you (again) today!!! We'll have to get the kids together again . . . P was asking when we'd see B again :goodvibes

I had been hoarding this material for years and realized if I didn't make Sara Beth an outfit soon, she will be to old for it! This is a freankenpattern. Simply sweet combined with a simplicity pattern, combined with my own ideas. And it is my first had applique other than a mickey head!

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0004-1.jpg

SO SO CUTE!!!!

Mermaiddresses.jpg

MickeyPlutooveralls.jpg

Disney-PeanutsRomper.jpg

Arielruffletopcapris.jpg

Wonderful creations!! Those mermaid outfits are amazing!! :worship: I think it's safe to say you have lucky grandkids!

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0004-1.jpg

LOVE IT!! That is a favorite book around here too.

DSCF0005-1.jpg

I've seen this fabric before but this is the first time I've seen something made with it. The dress is adorable and your daughter is very pretty.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the mermaid dresses and Disney outfits for the grandkids.

th_DSCF0005-1.jpg

I love it!!!! Sara Beth is so cute, and so is the dress.

Wow! Lots of new people around here! I haven't posted in several years. I didn't even remember what my screen name was exactly. It was something like my2tinks, but I couldn't get logged in so I had to make another.

My fiance and I ( I think I was still married to my ex last time I was here!:laughing:) are taking my girls to Disneyland on August 3rd! We are super excited. Haven't been to either park in ages. Life kinda gets in the way of the happiest place on earth sometimes.

Not sure if many here will have a clue who I am. Just in case someone remembers the old days, I'm Denise. I have two girls, Riley (13) and Drew (9). I believe Riley was really struggling with her health last time I was around. Since then I have taken her to the Mayo clinic and things have improved slightly. She had to leave public school at one point and we are hoping that we have enough control of the situation to get her back in next year! Anyway. I'm gonna start snooping through the old posts to see what is going on with all of you. Some of you I am already spying on via facebook. :rotfl2:
Hi Denise! Of course I remember you (I spy on you on Facebook too!) It's very nice to see you here again!

Missed a few days and wow so much adorable stuff. Next week at this time I should already be at Disney:woohoo:

After showing my niece the Tiana/frog dress last weekend and her saying she wasn't going to wear it, I decided to make myself something.

This is what I made. I'm not happy with the front bodice as it is too low for me. Any ideas as to what I can do? Would some white lace along the top work? I didn't finish the bottom hem.

th_IMG_3055.jpg

That is really cute. What ever you decide should look great.

We have a horse but my daughter's fiancee has 6 or 7 that my kids can ride. He grew up on a big ranch and competed in rodeo when he was growing up. In fact, he went to college on a rodeo scholarship. Barrel racing is a rodeo event. And yes, everything out here is Western. This is cowboy country, lol. I think the English riding costumes are cute but definitely would be a little out of place here.

th_SAM_0286.jpg

What beautiful pictures.

th_IMG_0637.jpg

Here's a little teaser of my partially completed shirt. It is on hold until my mother brings me her embroidery machine in August. I've got to do the applique before attaching the lower part. :hourglass

Regards,
C.

Can't wait to see the rest of the dress.

Sorry...I just need to vent a bit (and yes, I realize I do this a LOT!)

Two weeks ago I went to the doctor. He wasn't very optimistic about my previous neck surgery. He is pretty sure it needs to be redone. While we knew this might be a possibility, I was really trying to be positive and not think about that part...

He told me without another MRI he couldn't be sure, but it looked to him like the one disk the insurance wouldn't let me have done is the one that is now failing. So, his office checked with the insurance (which is a new company as of July1) and they will NOT let me have the surgery...no matter how bad I get! It seems that since the first surgery didn't take complete care of my problem, there is no guarantee that another surgery will take care of the problem either.

(forget about the fact that the previous insurance company denied the surgery on the 4th disk...only approved for three!)

Now they won't pay for the MRI to see if that is what is wrong...

I have hinted to my family that another surgery might be necessary...but I really don't think I can go through that again! They have no idea how intense the pain has gotten over the past few months.

So...I am soooo feeling a pity party coming on. I really don't have time for one, but that has never stopped me before.
Nini

:hug:

Here is the project my DD and I worked on together-

th_013-6.jpg

She made the pants completely by herself, from cutting out the pattern right down to having total control of the sewing machine at all times! The shirt was a bit more difficult and needed some "mommy guidance", but she was so proud of herself she beamed from ear to ear! That's my girl! BTW... I believe it was this board that sparked her interest to sew-I kept showing her all the amazing AG clothes and she could no longer handle not having any of her own! :rotfl:.... She already has her next project sketched out.

Of course my youngest who just turned 5 had to get in on the action. Here is the set she and I worked on together-

th_014-2.jpg

Jeana

Your DDs did a great job on the outfits. My DD8 is dying to make an AG outfit so I told her after our trip we can start making something. The funny thing is she too only became interested after seeing all the AG dresses being made.

This is what they were wearing that day. I was wondering if you were a Disboutiquer but I didn't recognize the little girl from any pictures so I didn't say anything. I remember thinking that Jungle Book was perfect for AK and why hadn't I thought of that, lol.

th_SAM_0615.jpg

That is so cute. I made the audrey ruffle skirt for our AK day too.

So I finally made some easy fit shorts and appliqued my very first shirt. The shirt is WAYY too big on him but it was only 99cents and I learned a lot with it being my first. I thought it was going to turn out a 5x7 but nope. :eek: The easy fit pants were pretty much just that, I think a few of the issues I did have were because of the type of fabric.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32187474@N04/5930813962/ by blyss_full, on Flickr

That is so cute and looks so comfy.

59585363.jpg

Easiest way to change up a boring lamp. Underneath the glitter is dark gold stitching. I needed to change the lamp up to go with a tropical themed room, and this was the easiest way, some glue and glitter, and it's like a new lamp. Plus, the blue beads were rewards from the Boardwalk and Beach Club hotel pool games. It's amazing how easy it is to totally change up a desk area with some glitter, a tablecloth, and some boa style lining.

That is adorable.

well i got a lil sewing done over the weekend,to tired after the hot workday to do any in the evenings during the week. 1st up is a tee i got at my fave thrift store {most all my stuff comes from there,can't help myself!} didn't make just using to show my inspiration
284076_10150236743316586_555471585_7599033_7262839_n.jpg

Everything is adorable. You make me want to start shopping at our Thrift store I have near me.

AC not working. Basement cool. Therefore sew.

I love how changing fabrics changes the look of outfits. Today I tried another variation of the "Katie" dress of yesterday -- without rick rack and without a zipper. :rolleyes1

Here's Ginger wearing the variation and her little cousin wearing the original.

th_secondtry003.jpg

Just like all good Miss America contestants she needed a little tape to keep things were they ought to be.

th_secondtry006.jpg

And, if I'm not mistaken I see my ruffle foot.

th_secondtry005.jpg

:lmao: Love the dresses. I am glad to see Ginger has family. Her cousin looks like my straw dispenser that I have.:rolleyes1 Could they be related.

I am not finishing Madisons give tonite. I had a bit of a meltdown because we are probably going to have to cancel my birthday trip to Charlotte for the fall race. My mom was in the hospital last week and I think it is way too much for her to watch DS. So I had a bit of a cry and am now tired.

Told DH if we didn't go away I want to go out with my cousin and BFF and their husbands into Manhattan for a fun night.

:hug: Sorry to hear you may have to cancel. I hope all is well with your mom.

th_Mermaiddresses.jpg

Love your mermaid dress. It is so beautiful and love all your outfits for your trip. Your grandkids are going to look so cute. I love the Mickey transportation fabric. I almost bought it online when it first came out because I think it is so cute.

th_DSCF0005-1.jpg

Saw it posted on FB and just love it. When I had my baby shower for DD8 I received a Carter's outfit with the Hungry Caterpillar and have just loved that book ever since.

Thanks!

OR

I don't know much about the Silhouette, but like Ellen said that is a really good deal and the colors on it are so cute. My is just a plain boring white. I have never tried the vinyl but I have cut fabric with it.

Um, I just have to tell you, I did go to the IndianLand Walmart after I left Rita's. I've never seen an entire AISLE of 2 yd cuts at Walmart! Why oh why did I listen to you that the IndianLand Walmart had them? I got a bunch on clearance for $5.00 . . . including a red & white stripe that is perfect for my project!!! It was great to meet you (again) today!!! We'll have to get the kids together again . . . P was asking when we'd see B again :goodvibes

I guess I need to go check it out. Or maybe I shouldn't ;) It was great to meet you again as well. The boys did seem to really get along. B would love to play with P again. Thanks again for getting the fabric. I really think i am going to use the pink mickey to make a skirt for me. Just can't decide what color shirt. I guess I could use black. :confused3

Hey all I have been off for only about 24 hrs yet i feel behind this thread moves so quick....love the purple AG outfit and ya'll have been crackin me up about the hiding fabric all over the house (I'm trying to use some of my stash so I can have room for more)...and also about visiting Cheryl and her charges:rotfl2:

I know this is a quicky but I got to add

YCMT is having an Anniversary Sale. Here is the info:

Celebrate 5 Years with YouCanMakeThis.com! Use code 5BIRTHDAY and receive $5 off any order of $25 or more.

PLUS, check out the "Featured Products" section of the website for special marked-down patterns that are just $5!

The coupon code and $5 sale end July 22, 2011.

awesome...may have to breakdown and buy the SS if its included.

th_Mermaiddresses.jpg

lovely mermaid....I have something similar in mind for DD....glad to see a real one:)

welcome back and glad DD is doing better!

DD is being a stinker about her swim lessons....she won't do any of it cause its not her idea...glad the lessons were free w/ YMCA membership or I'd be steamed.

I managed to sew 1 luggage tag today. I need to finish I spy bags for our 12 hr car ride to see grandparents in 2 weeks....soon I will post pics...this is a quickie so sorry.;)

I remember you!!!!! I am glad Riley is doing better. Welcome back:hug:

th_Mermaiddresses.jpg

th_MickeyPlutot-shirtwithshorts.jpg

th_MickeyPlutooveralls.jpg

th_ToyStoryt-shirtshorts.jpg

th_Disney-PeanutsRomper.jpg

th_Disney-PeanutsRomperReversed.jpg

th_Arielruffletopcapris.jpg

th_MinnieMouset-shirtskirt.jpg
Everything you made is wonderful. That Ariel costume is gorgeous and I really love all the boy stuff. I think the Minnie set is so cute but the little overalls might be my favorite.

th_DSCF0005-1.jpg

th_DSCF0006-1.jpg

th_DSCF0004-1.jpg

This set came out really nice and the applique is looks very good. I really like the little apron, too.

Hi, I probably wasn't on this board when you were around but wanted to say welcome back. I'm happy to hear that your DD is doing better. Yeah for a trip to Disneyland.:banana:

Missed a few days and wow so much adorable stuff. Next week at this time I should already be at Disney:woohoo:
As my son would say: "ohhh yeahhhh" :dance3:

I'm away from home and away from my computer but I hope I don't get too far behind and miss the move.

I spent the whole evening sewing but not the fun kind :sad2: I had bunches of pants that needed hemming and a dress that needed straps shortened plus some other dull mending/repairs. I can't wait to get a chance to start making some fun stuff. I have all this new fabric! Plus, I have all the Patricia tunics I cut out before vacation and ran out of time to get sewn. I am looking forward to some fun sewing now that I have done all the stuff I have been putting off.

I guess I need to go check it out. Or maybe I shouldn't ;) It was great to meet you again as well. The boys did seem to really get along. B would love to play with P again. Thanks again for getting the fabric. I really think i am going to use the pink mickey to make a skirt for me. Just can't decide what color shirt. I guess I could use black. :confused3

Oooh! Yes! Black top!!! Are you going to do black layers with the pink Mickey fabric?

I washed all my fabric purchases this afternoon ... ironed half of them ... need to iron the rest but can't right now as everyone else is asleep (and the ironing board is in our bedroom).

I just got home from BUNCO . . . Didn't win anything . . . but had a great time with Ginger as my partner for several rounds (Cheryl, did you know she snuck out tonight?) . . . :rotfl2:

Okay - I need opinions please!!!!

I'm going to make an apron skirt and top set(well, two actually) that is "Cat in the Hat" inspired . . . White Apron with the fishbowl appliqued on one of the pockets, orange fish appliqued on the top (which is white) . . . Which of these three fabrics should I use?
dd422989.jpg
Evenly spaced red & white stripe? Wider red with narrower white stripe? Solid red?

I'm going to make an apron skirt and top set(well, two actually) that is "Cat in the Hat" inspired . . . White Apron with the fishbowl appliqued on one of the pockets, orange fish appliqued on the top (which is white) . . . Which of these three fabrics should I use?
dd422989.jpg
Evenly spaced red & white stripe? Wider red with narrower white stripe? Solid red?

I like the red and white stripe, the wider red and white stripe is my second favorite.

dd422989.jpg

I like the smaller stripes. When you visited RYCO's did you see all their DR.Suess fabric. I bought some hoping we were going to IoA, but DH doesn't want to spend the money since the boys are still to young to go on most of the rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter