Disappointed with Kong

I'm old school I guess...original Kong, Jaws, Earthquake, ET, Twister and wasn't there a show where they would put volunteers in the movie? something with a battleship? or was that Disney? I do remember a speed boat stunt show at Universal though. I guess I'm not one much for change. lol

Last edited:
I was telling my kids about the speed boat show last time we visited. It was a great show and I miss it! The old Kong was great as well. The new Kong, while not a super exciting ride, is a completely immersive ride. From the entrance to the exit, very well done in my opinion. And, it didn't take them a decade to build. I'm looking at you WDW...

I was telling my kids about the speed boat show last time we visited. It was a great show and I miss it! The old Kong was great as well. The new Kong, while not a super exciting ride, is a completely immersive ride. From the entrance to the exit, very well done in my opinion. And, it didn't take them a decade to build. I'm looking at you WDW...
Looking forward to the new Kong but still miss the old.

The old Kong ride broke my heart when it was removed

It was one of a kind back then

But I am looking forward to do the new Kong ride

Changes in the parks are hard for me

It takes time to accept and appreciate the new ride versions

I never saw the old Kong ride so have no comparison........but I am looking forward to this one immensely..........have heard some positive reviews about it from friends who have been on it already.

I never saw the old Kong ride so have no comparison........but I am looking forward to this one immensely..........have heard some positive reviews about it from friends who have been on it already.
It's pretty darn cool. Second and third time through was even better. Schumi, wait to you hear hulk roar as the ride launches!

The old Kong ride was like a ghost town whenever we went. It just did not seem popular and was costing them a fortune in upkeep. I'm really looking forward to the new Kong as well. I'm not anti-screen as long as it is just part of the ride and not the entire ride. I prefer that to sitting in a vehicle and looking at static animatronics.

It's pretty darn cool. Second and third time through was even better. Schumi, wait to you hear hulk roar as the ride launches!

We can't wait!!!

Now it has EP we will definitely ride it many times I hope..........

After our 3rd ride, and seeing that the ride feels different in different places in the truck, I can see that it has re-ride potential, though, for us, maybe not 3 times in one visit every single time we take a UO vacation. :)

But part of rides like this, for me, is enhanced by seeing how things are done, taking off the glasses and looking around, etc.

Has anyone had a "guide" other than the man who says "he wants us OUT of here" or the woman who says "my heart is beating so loud" at the end? Wondering if there are only the two narrations or if there are more. (we had the male twice and the female once)

After our 3rd ride, and seeing that the ride feels different in different places in the truck, I can see that it has re-ride potential, though, for us, maybe not 3 times in one visit every single time we take a UO vacation. :)

But part of rides like this, for me, is enhanced by seeing how things are done, taking off the glasses and looking around, etc.

Has anyone had a "guide" other than the man who says "he wants us OUT of here" or the woman who says "my heart is beating so loud" at the end? Wondering if there are only the two narrations or if there are more. (we had the male twice and the female once)

There are 5 guides....Kalana, Jinks, Doc, Denham, Becky

Bumber, treasure this time there with your son. My son and I used to go to Universal together but now he goes with his wife!

Last edited:
My husband and I rode Kong yesterday. He thought it was too short but still really enjoyed it, and I loved it. Neither of us saw the original.

My son and I used to go to Universal together but now he goes with his wife!

Those pesky wives.

It was a good trip and now we are visiting my brother in CA. (Bicoastal trips are weird and fun) My kid had broken his arm in early August and he couldn't ride his two faves because of his cast. And there was some complaining due to jet lag exhaustion, but it was good.

It is essentially an enhanced version of it. The end portion of the ride is pretty much the Kong 360 from Hollywood but it has multiple scenes before that as well plus the AA Kong afterwards. They also enhanced the graphics on the video so it looks a lot better too. Can see side by side video comparisons on Youtube

We rode 3 times this past weekend. Once in the very front center and twice in the very back right. The back is much better and the graphics are awesome. We lined up in Hogsmeade EE two mornings in a row at 8:45 and they let you be the first to ride. It was two different situations one day apart. One day they made us do single file and the next it was running of the bulls. One day they took Express before open and one day they made us all go standby. So I haven't figured that out yet.

Which is ironic since a lot of Disney fans often criticize Universal for using screens, when that's literally all it is.

I don't think Soarin' is any sort of best ride at Disney, but for me it's the *continued* use of screens. Every ride now. Move the vehicle, there's a screen. It just gets boring. Transformers, Spidey, Kong, Gringott's, Forbidden Journey, Despicable Me, Simpsons...I'm sure Transformers has a screen too but I don't know since I haven't experienced it.

Hulk (ETA: Shrek, Hulk...no difference...big green dudes, right? LOL) gets a pass because it's obviously a screen. Well, it's obvious to me, at least. But the other day I was in the dungeon room with a LOT of people who just did not understand what sort of attraction they were going into; many thought that room was the attraction and were annoyed that their 3d glasses didn't work and that they couldn't see. It was interesting.

With every new attraction going in being screen-heavy, it just gets old. I want a REAL ride that moves around and does stuff; one that IS 3d, not that makes you wear 3d goggles.

(obviously Shrek is what I meant...no dungeon room in Hulk unless they added one in the refurb!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter