DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

A hello to everyone (new here)! We're moving from New York to Fort Lauderdale in late 2016. I will most certainly be signing up for future events like this! To think, Harry Potter in a closed park...would have been a great way to see it for the first time - and we just finished building Lego Harry Potter Diagon Alley...and December 5th is my Birthday. How frustrating lol! Well, once we've relocated, I'll be hitting all parks year round and hope to get to know some of you.

Welcome to the DIS Boards JCat! :welcome:
This DISapalooza event is historically held every other December. It's been at Disney World and once before at Universal. This will be the second Universal event. In the in-between years, there is typically a cruise. December 2016 will be our 6th DIS Podcast cruise. The events have always been the first week of December- so something to look forward to for your birthday each year!!

Saw you got a response already. I don't plan on doing universal other than the DIS party. At least not planning on it right now. It's tempting though. The ability to buy an express pass kinda blows my mind. Ha.
I don't think the Express Pass is necessary in early December. There's also no front-of-the-line access at the Harry Potter rides for those who do have Express Pass.

The Cabana Bay Resort is very cool, so stay there and save money over the other Universal resorts.

I don't think the Express Pass is necessary in early December. There's also no front-of-the-line access at the Harry Potter rides for those who do have Express Pass.

The Cabana Bay Resort is very cool, so stay there and save money over the other Universal resorts.

Ah good to know! Thanks! I think I would for sure stay there if I do a universal resort. I might want to stay on Disney property though. Not sure. I am contemplating getting a WDW annual pass this summer so if I do then I would probably do more in the Disney parks and want to stay over there.

Welcome to the DIS Boards JCat!
This DISapalooza event is historically held every other December. It's been at Disney World and once before at Universal. This will be the second Universal event. In the in-between years, there is typically a cruise. December 2016 will be our 6th DIS Podcast cruise. The events have always been the first week of December- so something to look forward to for your birthday each year!!

Hey wdwscout -- that's great to know, thanks! Just found the podcast the other day and it led me to all DIS!

Bought tickets for MVMCP for Dec 4th. First time for that. SO excited. Also booked at Cabana Bay. Never stayed near Universal either.. A trip of MANY firsts. I sense a theme....:flower:

Cabana Bay is FANTASTIC. Stayed there in April and loved it. Two pools: one loud, main pool with the slide. Totally not my jam. Then a second, quite, pool with a lazy river. Also make sure to check out the bowling alley and the Swizzle Lounge in the main lobby. The walk from Cabana Bay is about 15 minutes to CityWalk. As I say, Universal is not Disney, and Disney is not Universal, and both are worth your time.

Saw you got a response already. I don't plan on doing universal other than the DIS party. At least not planning on it right now. It's tempting though. The ability to buy an express pass kinda blows my mind. Ha.

I'd recommend staying at Royal Pacific, the 'cheapest' of the deluxe resorts. One night there gives your party the day of and the next day ExpressPasses. So if you stay on a Wednesday night, you get ExpressPass on Wednesday and Thursday. It's worth it for Despicable Me (terrible capacity) and some other rides. I recommend Royal Pacific as it's very modern Polynesian-esque.

Cabana Bay is FANTASTIC. Stayed there in April and loved it. Two pools: one loud, main pool with the slide. Totally not my jam. Then a second, quite, pool with a lazy river. Also make sure to check out the bowling alley and the Swizzle Lounge in the main lobby. The walk from Cabana Bay is about 15 minutes to CityWalk. As I say, Universal is not Disney, and Disney is not Universal, and both are worth your time.

I'd recommend staying at Royal Pacific, the 'cheapest' of the deluxe resorts. One night there gives your party the day of and the next day ExpressPasses. So if you stay on a Wednesday night, you get ExpressPass on Wednesday and Thursday. It's worth it for Despicable Me (terrible capacity) and some other rides. I recommend Royal Pacific as it's very modern Polynesian-esque.

Thanks so much for the info!!

The sign up sheet says "wait list". Not sure if its always said that...........well. I have a questions for everyone!

Did you check off the "I'll need transportation to the event" box?

Doug :goofy:

Hey Disapaloozers.... is anyone else looking at doing the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" on Dec 4th or 6th? I have skipped that for several years, but thinking of doing it this time. Wife has never done that one (loves the Halloween shindig), and figured the timing is perfecto with this.

EDIT: Actually I think we may go the Christmas Party on Tuesday Dec. 8th instead

Last edited:

Great info, thanks! We are digging the "groovy" vibe of the pics online. The other Universal Resorts were too far out of budget.

Hey Disapaloozers.... is anyone else looking at doing the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" on Dec 4th or 6th? I have skipped that for several years, but thinking of doing it this time. Wife has never done that one (loves the Halloween shindig), and figured the timing is perfecto with this.

EDIT: Actually I think we may go the Christmas Party on Tuesday Dec. 8th instead

We booked the MVMCP for the 4th. Couldn't convince hubby to use any of our 10 day passes. So just getting the Christmas Party and Disapolooza. Poor me, right :joker:

:santa: We are going to the party on the 6th!

I'll probably be doing the party on either the 3rd or 4th. CP on the other.

I had thought about staying at Universal again, but the draw of Holidays around the world was too much so I opted for POP.

I'm so excited to be going to this event. Just one complaint, I wish it was closer. Seriously I can't wait. But I am so excited about enjoying a pre Christmas vacations at Universal.

May I just add that I too am a HUGE fan of Cabana Bay. Hoping to stay there this time. I love all the touches that remind me of old School Florida that I grew up with such as the cement picnic tables.

Booked at Cabana Bay... Stayed there last month and wife loved it so much she wanted to return there for this event.

They announced on this week's show that the event will be capped at 900 people. There are already 850+ signed up for the event, so if you haven't already, register ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter