DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

Quick question/Need advice - Going to DIS event, yay!! but can only visit Universal Studios Parks for 2 days - Saturday and Sunday. It's our first trip to Universal and our first DIS event (2 adults, 2 kids 11&7). All BIG Harry Potter Fans and Super Hero Fans. Should we spend Saturday at Islands of Adventure to see the Harry Potter area there, then that night attend the DIS event and see the other Harry Potter area. Sunday we could go to Universal Studios and see the rest of the attractions and return to any harry potter attractions at either park with any time left over. OR should we spend Saturday at Universal Studios, with the DIS event that night, and then spend all of Sunday at Islands of Adventure. Your help is much appreciated!!

As a general reminder in order to ride the Hogwarts Express outside of the Dis event you WILL have to have park hopper tickets.

Come on December!! This is our first DIS event and we are all SUPER excited!! We even gave up a week long Christmas trip for a long weekend just to attend the party. I pulled a Pete "I want this" and my husband said the same thing! We both listen to the podcast on our separate work commutes and talk about it when we get home. Now we are booked in a Poly DVC lake view villa and are going to the MVMCP on the 4th! It will be a super short trip, but we are definitely making the most of it!! The DIS ROCKS!!

Is it possible to go to the podcast recording if you can't make it to the party?

Been reading a couple comments here and Facebook asking about Universal and handling vacation time there vs Disney....

Just wanted to say two things:

First, check on the DIS Universal podcast show for a lot of everything to possibly know about the parks and resorts. The parks are becoming just as rich as Disney's in details and rumors... Great way to find out more.

Second, try to make two days available if at all possible for Universal if you're coming for this event if you've never been before. You can easily fill those two days up with everything there is to do.

Was seriously considering extending our trip in order to attend--so bummed about the sell-out, but congrats!

This looks amazing and I hope everyone who goes has an amazing time. When it was announced I was keeping my fingers crossed it was going to be in September when I'm visiting Orlando but no luck.

I look forward to the pictures!

So sad we missed it, I should have gotten tickets before changing our trip around. Any chance that you will post any extra tickets before the event?

Based on previous responses, I think there is little chance of additional sales. Also, all previous sales are final and cannot be refunded, so there won't be any availability because of cancellations either. Who knows, maybe they will allow transferability down the line and you can buy somebody's tickets who can no longer go?

My cousin was up for a new job in Orlando, and I talked him into getting some tickets for this event even before the company flew him out for the interview. He took the offer, and now gets to celebrate with his girlfriend with us in Diagon Alley... Very excited because I haven't seen him in person for years.

DH renewed contact with someone we haven't talked to in 20 yrs. So, we're going up to Silver Springs for the day while we're in Orlando.

We are trying to decide where to stay during this event. If we stay on Disney property we would need transportation to the party and to the podcast recording. Does anyone who has been to these parties before and taken the bus transportation provided by Dreams Unlimited remember how much it cost per person? I know the cost will not be exactly the same, but it will give me a guideline to go by to make some decisions.

Thank You
Ann Woodruff

I think last time the transportation was $10-15. Good bet it might be higher for WDW to US.

We just received our MVMCP tickets for Dec 6th...............very excited too!!! Gonna be a great weekend!!

Doug :goofy:

Just checked my mail and got my MVMCP ticket as well! SO fun. I plan to be there the 1st-6th. Can't wait! First time doing DISapalooza! 2nd time doing Christmas at WDW!

For us, DISApalooza is after PC cruise we're on, which is taking a great amount of our vacation money. So we're just hanging around doing low-cost or free stuff.

I think last time the transportation was $10-15. Good bet it might be higher for WDW to US.

On Mears it is $20.00 return to go between Universal/WDW. If the DIS is charting buses distance doesn't matter, time does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter