DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

Just curious, why the change in capacity from 1,000 people to 900 people?

Because I have to start working on other details (transportation/live show/etc.) and those are all based on having an accurate count.

If we left it open until we hit 1000 I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to work on these other parts, especially with my upcoming travel schedule.

Picking 900 meant we would be closing it soon and I could get started on the other items.

We have less than 20 spots less - it will close today.

It's now or never folks!!!!

Thanks for the "encouragement" yesterday, John. I was going to wait until after this upcoming trip to plan/book it, but I heard ya loud and clear and bought a ticket during the show yesterday. Looks like I am going to have a really nice birthday trip planned in Nov/Dec :-)

By the way, I loved the second segment. You guys are wonderful!

Because I have to start working on other details (transportation/live show/etc.) and those are all based on having an accurate count.

If we left it open until we hit 1000 I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to work on these other parts, especially with my upcoming travel schedule.

Picking 900 meant we would be closing it soon and I could get started on the other items.

Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for all the hard work!

I've never done a DIS event but my DS15 and I really wanted to go to this. I was holding off getting tickets to work out some details....just found out I could swing it and now it's sold out. :guilty: Guess we'll have to wait for DISApalooza 2017!!

I've never done a DIS event but my DS15 and I really wanted to go to this. I was holding off getting tickets to work out some details....just found out I could swing it and now it's sold out. :guilty: Guess we'll have to wait for DISApalooza 2017!!

Not sold out yet - my suggestion though is to do it now. We are down to our last few spaces!!

Hey Disapaloozers.... is anyone else looking at doing the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" on Dec 4th or 6th? I have skipped that for several years, but thinking of doing it this time. Wife has never done that one (loves the Halloween shindig), and figured the timing is perfecto with this.

EDIT: Actually I think we may go the Christmas Party on Tuesday Dec. 8th instead

:santa: We are going to the party on the 6th

We bought tickets for the 6th, hoping that the Podcast will be early enough, if not maybe we'll try and switch it to the 4th.

I am patiently waiting for a date for the podcast recording. :flower3: Any updates?
No too worried about it.
Might go ahead and add a night to my reservation. So much easier to remove an extra night, since they might be all booked up to add a night later.

Not sold out yet - my suggestion though is to do it now. We are down to our last few spaces!!

Thanks! Thought it was sold out. I managed to snag a couple of tickets (probably the last ones). :yay:This will be our first Dis event...so excited to meet some fellow Diser's. Also, this will be our first time seeing Diagon Alley. My DS will be thrilled!! Now I just have to decide whether I should also fit in MVMCP ....another first for us.

Quick question/Need advice - Going to DIS event, yay!! but can only visit Universal Studios Parks for 2 days - Saturday and Sunday. It's our first trip to Universal and our first DIS event (2 adults, 2 kids 11&7). All BIG Harry Potter Fans and Super Hero Fans. Should we spend Saturday at Islands of Adventure to see the Harry Potter area there, then that night attend the DIS event and see the other Harry Potter area. Sunday we could go to Universal Studios and see the rest of the attractions and return to any harry potter attractions at either park with any time left over. OR should we spend Saturday at Universal Studios, with the DIS event that night, and then spend all of Sunday at Islands of Adventure. Your help is much appreciated!!

We bought tickets for the 6th, hoping that the Podcast will be early enough, if not maybe we'll try and switch it to the 4th.
Yep we are waiting just like many of you. I want to see what the podcast details are first.

Quick question/Need advice - Going to DIS event, yay!! but can only visit Universal Studios Parks for 2 days - Saturday and Sunday. It's our first trip to Universal and our first DIS event (2 adults, 2 kids 11&7). All BIG Harry Potter Fans and Super Hero Fans. Should we spend Saturday at Islands of Adventure to see the Harry Potter area there, then that night attend the DIS event and see the other Harry Potter area. Sunday we could go to Universal Studios and see the rest of the attractions and return to any harry potter attractions at either park with any time left over. OR should we spend Saturday at Universal Studios, with the DIS event that night, and then spend all of Sunday at Islands of Adventure. Your help is much appreciated!!

For me personally, I would choose doing 1 park a day. I was actually thinking of doing like you said and going to Universal Studios Saturday and then going to Islands of Adventure Sunday. You could also do your first suggestion and go to Islands of Adventure Saturday and then go to Universal Studios later that night for DISApalooza but if you are wanting to go to both on Sunday too you would need to get park-to-park admission. Since we are getting to go on the Hogwarts Express at DISApalooza, I'm just going to save and get single park tickets and do a full day at each park. Either way I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!

For me personally, I would choose doing 1 park a day. I was actually thinking of doing like you said and going to Universal Studios Saturday and then going to Islands of Adventure Sunday. You could also do your first suggestion and go to Islands of Adventure Saturday and then go to Universal Studios later that night for DISApalooza but if you are wanting to go to both on Sunday too you would need to get park-to-park admission. Since we are getting to go on the Hogwarts Express at DISApalooza, I'm just going to save and get single park tickets and do a full day at each park. Either way I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!
Great! I'm looking forward to this trip so much!! Thank you for your advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter