• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

Just wanted to let everyone know there's some great deals out of Hartford for the weekend on JetBlue. Just booked the two of us for $459 RT!

Just booked my airfare on Jet Blue! There's some excellent prices still for those who are flying. I only paid $281 for round trip! :cool1:

I'll have already moved to Melbourne, FL so I'll be available to attend!! I can't wait to hear more details!!!

LONG time lurker here... New to the podcast (been watching since it went video)... I missed the New England meet due to work, but will be at WDW for this! Also, this 'll be my first solo trip to WDW, so any 'unofficial' events on the surrounding days would be awesome!

LONG time lurker here... New to the podcast (been watching since it went video)... I missed the New England meet due to work, but will be at WDW for this! Also, this 'll be my first solo trip to WDW, so any 'unofficial' events on the surrounding days would be awesome!

Hi easyd,

Although not specifically related to DISapalooza, there are a number of fan events that will be taking place from December 5th through the 8th. There are no specifics yet, but it's always a lot of fun! You're welcome to join.

I can't go to the party on 6th. -insert sad face here- but will try to make something else!!!

My wife and I spent all last week and a half watching all of the podcast videos after discovering them, and now I just heard about this and guess what?! We already have a trip planned around those exact dates for the Candlelight Processional :cool1:!!

Really hoping we can get on the list when it becomes available, and would definitely consider trying the Swan or Dolphin with the discounted room.

Going to be at POR Sept 13-20 next if anything is happening then:banana:

If anyone has any info on any extra going-ons please feel free to PM me

Due to limited remaining vacation time, this is my (tentative) plan:

1/2 day @ work Friday - fly down - Disapalooza
Saturday - EPCOT/Candlelight Processional
Sunday - MVMCP
Monday morning - fly home, work 1/2 day Monday afternoon.

Am I completely insane? :rotfl:

Biggest roadblock right now is there are literally NO DVC units available for that weekend. Nothing at all. Ugh. Renting points was my plan. Have to find a plan B, or hope for the Swan/Dolphin group rate to work for me!

How does the actual party work? Do we get in after DHS is closed?

Due to limited remaining vacation time, this is my (tentative) plan:

1/2 day @ work Friday - fly down - Disapalooza
Saturday - EPCOT/Candlelight Processional
Sunday - MVMCP
Monday morning - fly home, work 1/2 day Monday afternoon.

Am I completely insane? :rotfl:

Biggest roadblock right now is there are literally NO DVC units available for that weekend. Nothing at all. Ugh. Renting points was my plan. Have to find a plan B, or hope for the Swan/Dolphin group rate to work for me!

How does the actual party work? Do we get in after DHS is closed?

You probably are, but it has nothing to do with a Disney obsession. ;)

Take a look at the Swolphin website and book the best rate they have right now. Then if Dreams comes up with a better rate you can rebook with them.

I see $209 at the Dolphin (regular rate) and $206 (AAA rate) at the Swan right now. Don't forget to add the taxes, mandatory resort fee ($18/day I believe) and either parking or transportation to/from the airport.

You probably are, but it has nothing to do with a Disney obsession. ;)

Take a look at the Swolphin website and book the best rate they have right now. Then if Dreams comes up with a better rate you can rebook with them.

I see $209 at the Dolphin (regular rate) and $206 (AAA rate) at the Swan right now. Don't forget to add the taxes, mandatory resort fee ($18/day I believe) and either parking or transportation to/from the airport.

Thanks for that ;)

Actually, I'm just realizing that you can't use ME when you stay at Swolphin, can you? I really don't wanna have to rent a car. Hmmmm... Lots to think about.

Thanks for that ;)

Actually, I'm just realizing that you can't use ME when you stay at Swolphin, can you? I really don't wanna have to rent a car. Hmmmm... Lots to think about.

Correct about no ME for the Swolphin. Renting a car has further downsides at that resort - parking fees ($15 self park, $20 valet, per day). But, you can take a Mears bus to/from the airport for fairly cheap.

Ever since I heard about Disapooloza I have been trying to figure a way to make it work for us. It would be a weekend trip for us too. Will have to stay off property :eek: and no park days.:faint:

This would be my wife's and my first Dis event, what should we expect to occur? Food? Conference? Etc.

Ever since I heard about Disapooloza I have been trying to figure a way to make it work for us. It would be a weekend trip for us too. Will have to stay off property :eek: and no park days.:faint:

Staying on property. But no park days.
No DH or DS. So going at my pace.
See Christmas decorations at resorts. DTD. Boardwalk. Hanging at the pool.

This would be my wife's and my first Dis event, what should we expect to occur? Food? Conference? Etc.

The details of this year's event haven't been finalized yet. If its anything like past years, there will be some (not a lot) food at the Toy Story Midway Mania party on Friday night. They also expect to do a live podcast taping that weekend. Not sure what other events they are thinking of.

I agree with Jeff. I will also add that you'll probably be too busy talking/riding to eat more than a small plate of the snacks during the event. Don't do like my DW and I did at the first TSM event (2008). We showed up at DHS sometime after 7:30 pm (official closing was 8 pm) hoping to catch some quick dinner somewhere (we weren't trying for Brown Derby and would gladly have settled for Pizza Planet, mind you). Most places were slammed or closed. We were starving however, so we ended up sitting at the Tune In Lounge (the bar next to 50's Prime Time Cafe) having a drink and some greasy but hot onion rings.

It didn't come close to ruining the evening but it isn't something I'll want to repeat, either.

This will be husband's and my first Dis event, also. We are both excited and nervous, too. Any info will be most welcome. Any others from New England planning on attending?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter