DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

So, who is thinking about other unofficial events that weekend? I know we don't have the details of the official events (times, location) yet and I don't expect them for a while (since the genius is busy with the Oasis cruise stuff) but we can dream. :surfweb:

Some thoughts:
  • Obviously MVMCP is a big draw
  • Osborne Lights, perhaps with a group dinner before like we did two years ago
  • Kathy's Photowalk was fun a couple of years ago
  • An en-masse tour of the monorail hotels to take pictures of the lights and imbibe at each stop

So, who is thinking about other unofficial events that weekend? I know we don't have the details of the official events (times, location) yet and I don't expect them for a while (since the genius is busy with the Oasis cruise stuff) but we can dream. :surfweb:

Some thoughts:
  • An en-masse tour of the monorail hotels to take pictures of the lights and imbibe at each stop
With my AP expiring on the 6th, I wasn't sure what I was going to do about park passes since I don't leave until the 9th. My ds and his wife are coming over from Tampa to spend Sat with me, so figured I would just get an expiring 2 day pass. But, they now want to just hang out at SSR with me and go to Cirque that night. So, maybe no need to get that park pass after all...unless there is something I really, really want to do with the DISApalooza!!

You know you'll be doing more visits in 2014 anyway Diane - might as well just renew that AP. :stir:

With my AP expiring on the 6th, I wasn't sure what I was going to do about park passes since I don't leave until the 9th. My ds and his wife are coming over from Tampa to spend Sat with me, so figured I would just get an expiring 2 day pass. But, they now want to just hang out at SSR with me and go to Cirque that night. So, maybe no need to get that park pass after all...unless there is something I really, really want to do with the DISApalooza!!

:wave2: Diane! It looks like besides being at WDW at the same time, we'll also be at the same resort! :woohoo:

Some thoughts:

What should we call the last event? "Drink around the Rail" "Mono-Boozing", "Lights, Monorail, Booze?"

I'm sooo excited. Haven't gotten to do DISApalooza before.
Have hotel booked, looking at plane tickets.
Waiting for announcement of events to decide if I need park-hopper tickets. DH would absolutely flip-out if I got AP.
With him not going, I might actually be able to stop and smell the roses, instead of hurrying all the time.

You know you'll be doing more visits in 2014 anyway Diane - might as well just renew that AP. :stir:
Well, dd is heading to London for a semester abroad in the fall of 2014..so we need to pay for her airfare. Then, dh and I will be headed over to visit her for a week or so....so I'm not sure if WDW fits my plans...maybe just in Dec, for a short visit.
:wave2: Diane! It looks like besides being at WDW at the same time, we'll also be at the same resort! :woohoo:

Okay...that's really terrific!!! When do you arrive, when do you leave???

Some thoughts:

I am going to attend the Christmas Party on the 5th if anyone wants to join me. I also want to see Osbourne Lights at some point. :)

Some thoughts:

Assuming we are there- I am partial to the Osborne Lights with a group dinner before.
Definitely will want to do the MVMCP this year- the 5th sounds good to me at this point!!

I suspect there will be a lot of interest in MVMCP on the 5th for this group. Val & I will actually be doing MVMCP in early November though and won't be repeating.

I suspect there will be a lot of interest in MVMCP on the 5th for this group. Val & I will actually be doing MVMCP in early November though and won't be repeating.

To bad you could plan the house to be ready close to this because this could be a huge house warming party.

To bad you could plan the house to be ready close to this because this could be a huge house warming party.

That would be nice! Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be ready to close until January. We just signed the papers 5 days ago. Now the builder has to "ratify" them and then file for permits. That process takes about a month. We also need to visit the design center to pick out interior cosmetic options, which might not happen for a month from now. Then the building process can be scheduled. Once all permits are in hand it takes up to 6 months before its done.

That would be nice! Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be ready to close until January. We just signed the papers 5 days ago. Now the builder has to "ratify" them and then file for permits. That process takes about a month. We also need to visit the design center to pick out interior cosmetic options, which might not happen for a month from now. Then the building process can be scheduled. Once all permits are in hand it takes up to 6 months before its done.

We have to use the power of the dis I am sure their diser that could help get it done sooner. You know pay a visit to some people and permit get issued a lot quicker ;) ;) :). Maybe a nice Tennessee diser could help and get them to get it down sooner. He show them some smokey mountain justice. Like the person in charge of getting the permit and the project down could wake up with a bear in their bed. Well it could be a pre house warning party and after jan everyday will be a party.

Okay...that's really terrific!!! When do you arrive, when do you leave???

Arrive 12/2; leave on 12/7.

That's awesome that Kate is going to study in London!

My DS & DIL are moving to New Zealand so I've got to start saving up for the airfare to visit! :eek:

Hmm I'll be going to UCF-Rosen and finals start the following week. I guess I have to go to DISapalooza!

I will be there too! I already have my ressie, already have my park tickets, and last week I got my flights. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about
DAP 2013!!!!!!!! The last time that we did the TSM party it was absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks to the podcast team! Great Choice!

This is exciting. I'm new to the DIS site and podcast (I've been going through the backlogs for the last two months.) and this happens to fall right in my first solo Disney World vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter