DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

I think there will be busses running at DHS after the event. If not a quick walk to Boardwalk and busses to DTD and transfer for us.

I have never been to a DIS event. Looking forward to it. I guess DISApalooza is a good one to start with! How late does the event usually run?

I hadn't really thought too much about it yet, but I'm thinking we'll take a taxi if no other transportation is provided (never been to a DISapalooza before, so I have no idea if that would happen). We are staying at AK also (but not the Villas).

I normally stay at the Swan, but stayed at AK in 2009 during the last TSM party. There was a bus available, but we sat on it for almost an hour while it waited for more people. If I go to it this year, I will be at the Swan, so it will be easy enough to walk back.

Has any booking information been released? I have been watching this thread, but jut wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I have never been to a Dis event and this looks fab. Sadly we fly home on the 6th December but I hope everyone has a great time! :thumbsup2

:wizard: can anyone fill me in on the magic? turning 50 next month and have not a moment to spare!!

For those who haven't been to one of these events, you might want to review the threads for prior events.

2011 (at Universal) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2658589&highlight=disapalooza where Dreams Unlimited reserved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the evening.

2009 was at Toy Story Mania: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2345558&highlight=disapalooza

These should give you a better idea of how the events are organized and conducted but John Magi always tries to outdo himself so every DIS event has evolved based on what happened (or didn't happen) at a prior event.

I hadn't really thought too much about it yet, but I'm thinking we'll take a taxi if no other transportation is provided (never been to a DISapalooza before, so I have no idea if that would happen). We are staying at AK also (but not the Villas).

At other events, I have offered to give people a ride back if they were staying at my resort. We'll be at POFQ for this event, have a rental car, and will certainly make the offer--assuming we actually get tickets to the event. ;-) Something we can sort out once we actually get all the details.

jcb thanks for posting the links! Gives me a better understanding and it looks like they did have transportation to the main event in the past which is good. We are changing our flight to come a day early so now we will be staying from Dec Fri. 6 - Sat.14! Woo Hoo! I think we booked Pop for Friday and then we will have to figure out how to get to AKL villas on that Sat. So excited! Hopefully everything will work out and we will be able to get tickets to DISApoloosa.

jcb thanks for posting the links! Gives me a better understanding and it looks like they did have transportation to the main event in the past which is good. We are changing our flight to come a day early so now we will be staying from Dec Fri. 6 - Sat.14! Woo Hoo! I think we booked Pop for Friday and then we will have to figure out how to get to AKL villas on that Sat. So excited! Hopefully everything will work out and we will be able to get tickets to DISApoloosa.

Happy to help as much as I can.

Just remember that John hasn't finalized the plans yet. While he did arrange for transportation to Universal (from various resorts on property), I think that was because it was at Universal. The TSM parties have not involved provided transportation. Of course, you can rely upon WDW transportation to get to DHS and, as a prior poster said, there will be a good number of folks with cars who are happy to provide a lift back to one of the WDW resorts.

Happy to help as much as I can.

Just remember that John hasn't finalized the plans yet. While he did arrange for transportation to Universal (from various resorts on property), I think that was because it was at Universal. The TSM parties have not involved provided transportation. Of course, you can rely upon WDW transportation to get to DHS and, as a prior poster said, there will be a good number of folks with cars who are happy to provide a lift back to one of the WDW resorts.

Bus transportation WAS provided from DHS to the resorts after the TSM party in 2009.

Since many are going on the Oasis of the Seas cruise on Saturday, I wouldn't expect more news until after they return.

Bus transportation WAS provided from DHS to the resorts after the TSM party in 2009.

Since many are going on the Oasis of the Seas cruise on Saturday, I wouldn't expect more news until after they return.

Thanks for the clarification.

This is it.

John will probably update the first post and then post in the thread to let folks know of the update.

John is current sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. Don't expect to hear much until he has been home a few days. I'm guessing after Labor Day.

I have a question for the people who have been to the previous even at Toy Story Mania. I know that this is going to be after park closing. Do you still need a park ticket to get in or just the event ticket? I will spend the day in the park anyway and I have a Park Hopper. DH however does not really do the parks, but he loves Toy Story Mania. If he would just need the event ticket to join me for the event, I think I may just be able to convince him.

Corinna

I have a question for the people who have been to the previous even at Toy Story Mania. I know that this is going to be after park closing. Do you still need a park ticket to get in or just the event ticket? I will spend the day in the park anyway and I have a Park Hopper. DH however does not really do the parks, but he loves Toy Story Mania. If he would just need the event ticket to join me for the event, I think I may just be able to convince him.

Corinna

You do not need a park ticket for an after-hours event - just the event credentials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter