DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

I know I'm just a random girl on the internet, but I'd be happy to wait with you. :) I rented a car, so I don't have to leave for the bus or my own uber.

From one random girl on the internet to another, thank you so much for the offer. I think I'm going to play it by ear right now. Depending on the schedule of events during the evening (mainly just Jodi's concert), I may cut out a bit early.

I will have already been in Epcot all day with a large school travel group (don't worry, fellow Epcot visitors, they are all orchestra nerds and are great kids... no chanting or cheers, I promise!), so depending on my comfort and energy level, I might have to put myself to bed before 1 am.

Thank you, though, I sincerely mean it. Hope to see you at the party!

Wow, 2 days have past and no New Events posted. Pete talked about lunch cruise on Bay Lake that sounded like fun. Also Pirates at Disney Springs sounded like it could be a big gathering. I hope they hurry up and get things going! We're right now, Today, 4 Weeks away from the Party!:bday: I want to start signing up and Bidding on Stuff!pixiedust:

I was going to offer the same thing, but I figured a 53-y/o in a grass skirt and coconut bra might make her nervous....
Awwwww - I'm proud to be able to call you my friend too - skirt/bra and all! :)

Wondering if I change my DISname, will it mess up the credentials process for the party?

I don't think so - it seemed like having a board account was optional. The email confirmation you were sent from the party is also what you need to print out and take to the Epcot gates at 9:30pm.

How do I sign up for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie event. I have a group of 7 so I need to get to planning.

How do I sign up for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie event. I have a group of 7 so I need to get to planning.
Pete mentioned on the show that sign ups should be available within the next week. If it's like the Mega Meet was the event details were published one or two days before the sign ups opened and the sign ups opened at 9am EST on the day you could sign up.

FYI: Plan accordingly!!!!

There is going to be some altered monorail schedules for the days leading up to (but not including unless it gets extended longer) party night.....

On these dates, the Resort Monorail will travel between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Magic Kingdom. It will not stop at the Transportation and Ticket Center or Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The Express Monorail will make a stop at the Contemporary in addition to its regular stops at the TTC and the Magic Kingdom to accommodate guests.

The modified routes will operate on May 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, and 30th, 2017, from 11:30AM to 6:00PM.

SOURCE: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/modif...ingdom-happening-select-dates-throughout-may/

I received my new round magic band last night! I put it on, and it felt slimmer, but when I measured it with my digital calipers, I was surprised to find it was thicker by about .5mm...

I would just like to interrupt for a moment to say how excited I am for this event!! I haven't' looked forward to a Disney vacation like this in years.
It's funny that you say that. We've been saying the same thing. I've been to WDW dozens of times and I've attended numerous DIS events but I'm particularly excited about this one.

We haven't stayed onsite for about 18 years. We haven't flown down since then either. As a result, we've never used Magical Express. And we've never been to a DIS event that involved a private event in a park before (DISapalooza). Even though we're only coming for 2 days, we will get to see Pandora the week it opens and attend the 20th party before flying home. It's just a totally different kind of trip than our usual which is what's making it so exciting, I think.

I received my new round magic band last night! I put it on, and it felt slimmer, but when I measured it with my digital calipers, I was surprised to find it was thicker by about .5mm...
lol, I was also thinking the new MB felt not only slimmer, but also lighter . So I did a weight comparison I had one MB from 2015 that weighed 20 gm, 2 MB from 2016 that both weighed 18 gm and finally the new round MB weighed 18 gm.
Just in case you were wondering ;):-)

lol, I was also thinking the new MB felt not only slimmer, but also lighter . So I did a weight comparison I had one MB from 2015 that weighed 20 gm, 2 MB from 2016 that both weighed 18 gm and finally the new round MB weighed 18 gm.
Just in case you were wondering ;):-)

So it is 1/2 a millimeter thicker but the same weight as the last ones... I think all my old MB's are 2015... actually I have no idea... how can you tell? I guess by the weight :) If it's 20g it's 2015, if it's 18g, it's a 2016, eh? Thanks for WEIGHING in on the subject ;)!

Hey everyone, my boyfriend & I have been following the Dis vlog and website for a while now, and we decided to attend the anniversary event and party from 5/30-6/2. We are very excited!

I signed up for Disboards just today so that I say hi to everyone & ask a couple of questions.

1) is there any idea where & when the pickup for the registration credentials will be?

2) will there be gluten free options at the party? I'm hoping I'll be able to eat something.

2) do we need to pay for the bus in advance or can we make the decision the day of the party? We are undecided whether to choose the bus or take a car service.

Thanks!!
Katie (& Charles)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter