DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

So excited to hear about the different meet ups in today's show. Going to organise tickets now. Hoping to do Pirates of the Caribbean, Craig's fireworks and hopefully a couple of others too. Getting so excited now I can't wait.

Super excited to get a few more details on today's show. Going to join Craig for the fireworks meet up for sure. Also looking forward to hearing more on Patreon supporter events.

Now I'm gonna be checking these boards and my emails a ridiculous amount of times per day in the days to come to make sure I don't miss out on the sign ups.

We're definitely hoping to do the Pirates movie, since we had plans to see it that day anyhow, so might as well have the money benefit GKTW. We also had talked about trying Sprinkles for the first time, and what better way to do that than with Teresa ;)

It's coming so soon, I'm getting so excited about all this!

I am excited but worried about DIS events. 1000 people is a lot. Last year with a lot less people everything was gone before I even knew it was posted as working during the day. I hope I get to sign up for some of them.

I am excited but worried about DIS events. 1000 people is a lot. Last year with a lot less people everything was gone before I even knew it was posted as working during the day. I hope I get to sign up for some of them.

I get the feeling that alot of it is driven by the Epcot Party. There's probably alot of people (like me!) that won't even arrive until June 1st, and may only be able to do that party. So for things like the movies there's alot of us you won't be competing with.

But man... if 1,000 people show up in front of Small World on Saturday morning, we'll be shutting that little corridor of Fantasyland down!

::yes:: I've accepted that I probably just won't get a place in any of them. There's less than last year too, and a few of them are before I get to town, however there's the party this year which is way bigger than last year, and that's why I'm going. :)

I agree with the previous posters. My guess is a lot of people are headed down for the party and won't be able to make most of the meetups. I am headed down the 30th-4th, but my plans don't line up with most of the official small events (or I won't be in town yet) so I probably won't sign up for them.

I agree with the previous posters. My guess a lot of people are headed down for the party and won't be able to make most of the meetups. I am headed down the 30th-4th, but my plans don't line up with most of the official small events (or I won't be in town yet) so I probably won't sign up for them.

Agreed. I am only in town from the 31st to the 2nd and doing the unofficial meet stuff at Animal Kingdom on the 31st

I know others with similar schedule (I assumed I wouldn't be able to do any of the mini-meets so not that disappointed). I'll just be prepared to wait on a long line to chat with Ryno at the party and hope I get to ride Soarin with Pete's mom and Figment with Kathy :D

I get the feeling that alot of it is driven by the Epcot Party. There's probably alot of people (like me!) that won't even arrive until June 1st, and may only be able to do that party. So for things like the movies there's alot of us you won't be competing with.

But man... if 1,000 people show up in front of Small World on Saturday morning, we'll be shutting that little corridor of Fantasyland down!
I'm in the same boat as you. I would have liked to have gone to the Pirates movie, but we won't get in until Thursday morning. We've also already made our plans for Friday & Saturday, so won't make those meets, either. Looking forward to meeting friends and new friends Thursday night. It will be busy.

@safetymom - Was wondering if you guys were going to do the Flatties again this year? I had one last year, and was wondering if I could "reactivate" that one (foregoing the need for you to make a new one) with another donation (would it be $10 again?), or if you were going to make new ones?

If you are not the appropriate person to ask, let me know, and I'll bug somebody else. LOL

My guess is a lot of people are headed down for the party and won't be able to make most of the meetups
That would be us. We are arriving on May 31 and already have plans to do Pandora that evening. We'll do Epcot on June 1 in the afternoon and then the party that night. Then probably Disney Springs on June 2 before heading home. We will be on the ground at Disney for just over 48 hours. I'm not concerning myself with the other activities at all. We are coming for the party.

Last Year for the 'Dis Unplugged Mega Meet 10 Year Anniversary', there was 1) a lanyard with a specially designed logo 2)a very nice 'Pintrader' style pin 3) a special skin for your magic band.

Please forgive my ignorance since this is my first event, but in order to attend any of the meetups and/or the party on the 1st, we need to go to the Boardwalk to pick up the credentials, correct? TIA :)

Please forgive my ignorance since this is my first event, but in order to attend any of the meetups and/or the party on the 1st, we need to go to the Boardwalk to pick up the credentials, correct? TIA :)

That is how it worked for the Mega Meet and definitely will be needed for the big June 1st party I would imagine

FYI we have a Facebook group where we have listed all the meets both official and non official. Many of us plan to go to the Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party on June 2.

So, from what I'm reading, based on the last Dis anniversary, the meets are mostly sign-up, with limited space, which are posted at a certain time online? Also, what is this unofficial meet up at AK on the 31st that somebody mentioned?

Another question I have is, based on the past Dis Anniversary events, how do the silent auctions work and would the lunch cruise be a silent auction, too?

Since the update hasn't been posted, I made a little cheat sheet for myself to help with planning (sorry if I got any names wrong):

Mon, May 29

Morning - Possible Super Hero Photo Op with Ryno

Evening - Happily Ever After fireworks with Craig

Tues, May 30

10am - Pirates Movie, AMC Disney Springs

Morning - Figment Meetup with Kathy

Wed, May 31

Evening - Cupcake meetup with Theresa, Sprinkles, Disney Springs

Evening - Movie Night (A Goofy Movie) at Fort Wilderness with Ryno, Julie, Corey & family

Thurs, June 1st

Dis 20th Anniversary Epcot party 10pm-1am (meet at front gate/turnstiles at 9:30pm)

Fri, June 2

Lunch on Boat (auctioned to 12 people)

Sat June 3

11am It's a Small World Meetup with John & Kevin

So, from what I'm reading, based on the last Dis anniversary, the meets are mostly sign-up, with limited space, which are posted at a certain time online? Also, what is this unofficial meet up at AK on the 31st that somebody mentioned?

Another question I have is, based on the past Dis Anniversary events, how do the silent auctions work and would the lunch cruise be a silent auction, too?
If it's like the Mega Meet the silent auction will be auction will be online through the app Hand Bid. The lunch and tea last time were through a bidding process on the Dreams site, that you would log in to make the bid and then would have to check the page to see if you had been out bid and then you could rebid.

Since the update hasn't been posted, I made a little cheat sheet for myself to help with planning (sorry if I got any names wrong)

Thanks for that post. Others have also posted spreadsheets of all the planned events on the Unofficial thread and the FB page but I always appreciate anyone with organizational skills spending time keeping us all informed. :)

To answer one of your questions in your previous post, here's the direct link to the AK unofficial meetup on that thread for the 31st:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-a-friend-thread.3593096/page-5#post-57361403

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter