DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Thanks to the DIS crew! 10$ for a bus trip back to the hotel is an awesome deal thanks. I was thinking that the walk back to Pop would be a long one. And with me never being at WDW, I would get lost and have to be added as one of "kids" on Small World. I think this is good, as I am a very lousy singer unless it's a pirate song or King Crimson.
Count me in, I'll need a ride back to the POP

Thoughts on grabbing an Uber after the event:
Would it be better to walk to BC and pick it up there or to hail one from the EPCOT exit? I'm staying off-site so the new shuttle arrangement isn't an option.

Would it be better to walk to BC and pick it up there or to hail one from the EPCOT exit?
Can't imagine why either one would be better. The drivers won't care where the pickup is.

Would it be better to walk to BC and pick it up there or to hail one from the EPCOT exit? I'm staying off-site so the new shuttle arrangement isn't an option.
May we'll be worth using the new schedule a ride feature on Uber. Not sure how it works exactly but shouldn't be hard to figure out. I'd rather do that vs trying to transfer at AK so near to closing

We'll be going out to the front to get Uber. Mostly because the walk from FW to the parking lot will be a much shorter walk than to the resorts outside IG

We are staying off site and will drive and Park at Epcot. Will the trams to the parking lot be running at 1AM?

Is the Epcot party still bookable? I see on page 1 that it says until May 1st, but the link is still there... DH is suddenly saying maybe we should just go for it (our 15th anniversary is in July and it looks like I'm having surgery at the end of June...).

Is the Epcot party still bookable? I see on page 1 that it says until May 1st, but the link is still there... DH is suddenly saying maybe we should just go for it (our 15th anniversary is in July and it looks like I'm having surgery at the end of June...).
Yes it is. John said on the podcast they aren't stopping on May 1st as originally planned as they are hoping to reach a certain number.

Yes it is. John said on the podcast they aren't stopping on May 1st as originally planned as they are hoping to reach a certain number.

Thanks, I listened this morning and thought I heard that, but I was trying to pretend I wasn't paying attention because I thought it wasn't an option and REALLY wanted to go... :D

Can't imagine why either one would be better. The drivers won't care where the pickup is.

I was thinking more about personal security and comfort. I'm a female, traveling by myself and also pregnant. I figured the BC option would at least give me a place to wait inside with others around. It appears that I won't be alone in hailing an Uber from the main exit, though, so I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about that option.

I was thinking more about personal security and comfort. I'm a female, traveling by myself and also pregnant. I figured the BC option would at least give me a place to wait inside with others around. It appears that I won't be alone in hailing an Uber from the main exit, though, so I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about that option.
BC is a good option. And if you have a hard time getting an UBER, there are plenty of Mears Taxis there as well.

I think it's safe to assume that no Disney transportation will be running.

I think the timing of this event makes it interesting. AK closes at the same time.. AK has a very small parking lot I would not be surprised if tehre is buses between epcot and AK where you can transfer to a resort bus.. they should be running from ak until about 2:30am. you can of course just exit out international gateway and jump on an AK bus at boardwalk or beach club.

Also with AK closing that late, it'll make more demand for uber/lyft which may have more available but any uber or lyft I see at park close generally is 2-3x surge pricing. highest I ever saw was 6x after the last night of MSEP.

you also have the option to pay $10 a person for hte charter buses that dis is arranging to get to resorts after the party...

Last edited:
Is it too late to book the resorts at the special pricing? Or can you still book everything and come? Looks like May 1 is still an option!!:daisy:

I'm going to look at flights and see if I can do a quick trip - just managed to get some time free! Hoping that I can make it, I would love to meet you all in person!

*finger crossed*

Is it too late to book the resorts at the special pricing? Or can you still book everything and come?

John mentioned in the recent podcast that the group pricing for rooms has closed.:flower3: BUT, he also said you could still take advantage of any of Disney's discounts and of course, come to the Events.

I know I'm just a random girl on the internet, but I'd be happy to wait with you. :) I rented a car, so I don't have to leave for the bus or my own uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter