• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining reservations 10/4

dansyr2514

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else having issues with making dining reservations today? I cannot get anything.

Which restaurants are you trying to book?

The only thing I had trouble with was Steakhouse 71 and the Rose & Crown Fireworks package. Both appeared to not have been loaded into the system for December yet.

I was able to book Tiffins, Homecomin', Brown Derby and Via Napoli with no problem, though. That was right at 6 AM.

I was on right at 6 am and I couldn’t get Cali Grill, ohana, steakhouses 71 or homecomin brunch

That's weird. I got Homecomin brunch for 12/11 and there were several options available. I just checked and there are still openings if that happens to be a day you were looking for. One thing I did notice was that all of the dates past 12/03 were grayed out (no matter which restaurant) until you hit Check Availability, then it took me to a pop up window that allowed me to check dates for the length of our stay.

Steakhouse 71 was an exception, though. As I mentioned before it appears that no reservations have been loaded for December as it wouldn't even let me check for any date in December. A couple of other posters on the Steakhouse 71 thread mentioned the same thing.

If you're still having issues, maybe call?

I needed it for Saturday 12/4. My husband checked too and his dates are greyed out but they are not on mine. Ughh! I will have him call.

I've never tried this, but I've read other people have had success booking Homecomin' by calling the restaurant directly. It seems it can be hit or miss depending on who answers. Unfortunately it's not on Open Table like so many other Disney Springs restaurants.

Good luck!

My husband tried this. I think we had the
“miss” situation. They told him if there was no availability it was booked. He is trying to call Disney now but is in a 2 hour hold Which leads me to believe there was a glitch in the system

You can also try one of the reservation finder services. I've had great success with the one from Touring Plans. Also, we had brunch there last October. We had a reservation but they were definitely accepting walk-ups. That might end up being an option for you, especially if you get there when they first open. It's a hard ADR to get, but man is it worth it!

I don’t think 60 days opens up for 12/4 til 10/5…

Sometimes dates get grayed out on the main restaurant screen but once you log in and search you can actually book your date.

Also, app is sometimes less glitchy

I had major glitches this morning, too. I ended up having to log in with a different MDE account (my spouse's) in order to get anything. By then the times I wanted were gone.

So our experience wasn't bad. Somehow our card wouldn't show up, even though it had beenn entered with CVV and saved the day before - then again that morning when it didn't show up - it wasn't acknowledged by MDE until the last dining rezzie made. As far as times we wanted not available, we took what was available and were usually successful in changing the time. It went like this: make rezzie for unideal time available, type in CC info, get confirmation, repeat for other rezzies retyping CC info for all but last rezzie and all on PC, then go into app on phone to see "my plans," which wouldn't show on PC, then modify dining times. No problems - done pixiedust: (except Steakhouse 71, but got everything else)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter