Dessert Parties

I've been trying for early October for a loooooong time and even though you can click on the dates, they definitely aren't open for reservations yet. Starting to wonder if they ever will!

I've been trying for early October for a loooooong time and even though you can click on the dates, they definitely aren't open for reservations yet. Starting to wonder if they ever will!
i am so grateful for these posts becasue the CMs have wrong info thank you

i am so grateful for these posts becasue the CMs have wrong info thank you
i called again and asked if she could try to find out further about these dessert partys, this CM put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then said the partys are opened and booked that she double checked with her manager. This is frustrating

i called again and asked if she could try to find out further about these dessert partys, this CM put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then said the partys are opened and booked that she double checked with her manager. This is frustrating
If that was true then they were booked at 180+10 days because that's when I started checking
I think they just don't have a clue

I was told the same thing this weekend when I called. She said that they were available. I said how is it I've been checking everyday and nothing for December and even checked November but there are openings almost everyday in September. She said she wasn't sure other than September is not as busy as November & December. So I came here to the boards and I can't believe we are all wrong!

I was told the same thing this weekend when I called. She said that they were available. I said how is it I've been checking everyday and nothing for December and even checked November but there are openings almost everyday in September. She said she wasn't sure other than September is not as busy as November & December. So I came here to the boards and I can't believe we are all wrong!

I have not seen a single person on these boards or on Facebook say they have a reservation. I think the CMs have no clue.

I am reading here that the Illuminations dessert party is "no seats". I have booked the Frozen Dessert party that replaces it and I was under the impression it had seating. The wording was "Guests will enjoy ....... and prime seating along World Showcase Lagoon. " I will be very disappointed if we have to stand the whole time. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I am reading here that the Illuminations dessert party is "no seats". I have booked the Frozen Dessert party that replaces it and I was under the impression it had seating. The wording was "Guests will enjoy ....... and prime seating along World Showcase Lagoon. " I will be very disappointed if we have to stand the whole time. Anyone have thoughts on this?
That Is a standing party

For months my mornings would start with a check on my computer to see if the dessert parties would open. This is NOT an exaggeration. Every morning I have my coffee, check my emails and then onto MDE. I went over Memorial Weekend and now again close to the fourth of July. The parties are NEVER open at 180 + 10 and they open in batches not on any sort of scheduled opening.

The dessert parties are a must for me as I have had too many unpleasant experiences trying to see fireworks in a crowd. The only exception is Illuminations. You can get a pretty good view without a dessert party but I still do those when I travel with extended family. The view is PERFECT from the dessert party. I've seen Illuminations dozens of times and was blown away the first time I did the dessert party. The night we did the the HEA party it was a constant drizzle all evening and although HEA went on as planned, I know perfectly well I would not have stayed in the park in the rain to see it but I did stay in TT until it started then put a poncho on and stood in the rain. THAT was worth it. Plus I am a morning person who is pretty dead on my feet by 9PM.

Even if the days turn blue and you can click on them they often are not fully loaded in the system. The dining CM's often do not realize that they are late to the system to begin with and if you, unfortunately, call during the couple of days when they turn blue but are not bookable they will tell you they are "full" when actually they are empty.

I don't eat any desserts and all the parties have some sort of savory item that is enough. Cheese and crackers, the SW party had bread with some excellent hummus.

If you add up the entire cost of the vacation and divide by the number of hours in the park, the price of some down time versus standing in a crowd and angling for a view is absolutely worth it for me. Only you can make that decision though. For both HEA and SW it is important to be in front in an even smaller and more restrictive area so to me the value of those parties have gone up.

I am reading here that the Illuminations dessert party is "no seats". Anyone have thoughts on this?
The Illuminations party is a standing party and the new Frozen party will have seating.
That Is a standing party
Correct
The illuminations was a standing party maybe they will change it
It's not being changed, the Illuminations will cease to exist with the all new Frozen party replacing it on July 17th.

Last edited:
For months my mornings would start with a check on my computer to see if the dessert parties would open. This is NOT an exaggeration. Every morning I have my coffee, check my emails and then onto MDE. I went over Memorial Weekend and now again close to the fourth of July. The parties are NEVER open at 180 + 10 and they open in batches not on any sort of scheduled opening.

The dessert parties are a must for me as I have had too many unpleasant experiences trying to see fireworks in a crowd. The only exception is Illuminations. You can get a pretty good view without a dessert party but I still do those when I travel with extended family. The view is PERFECT from the dessert party. I've seen Illuminations dozens of times and was blown away the first time I did the dessert party. The night we did the the HEA party it was a constant drizzle all evening and although HEA went on as planned, I know perfectly well I would not have stayed in the park in the rain to see it but I did stay in TT until it started then put a poncho on and stood in the rain. THAT was worth it. Plus I am a morning person who is pretty dead on my feet by 9PM.

Even if the days turn blue and you can click on them they often are not fully loaded in the system. The dining CM's often do not realize that they are late to the system to begin with and if you, unfortunately, call during the couple of days when they turn blue but are not bookable they will tell you they are "full" when actually they are empty.

I don't eat any desserts and all the parties have some sort of savory item that is enough. Cheese and crackers, the SW party had bread with some excellent hummus.

If you add up the entire cost of the vacation and divide by the number of hours in the park, the price of some down time versus standing in a crowd and angling for a view is absolutely worth it for me. Only you can make that decision though. For both HEA and SW it is important to be in front in an even smaller and more restrictive area so to me the value of those parties have gone up.
good becasue i am in a wheelchair with pained legs and i cant do the fireworks without the partys,

Both MK dessert parties are grey for the end of December. I'm going with my little sister for New year's Eve again and was hoping to get us reservations since she's in a wheelchair and that place is a nightmare that night. I called when i hit my 180+10 and still couldn't make them. The CM said it's just something that could be released any day at anytime not necessarily at 6 am. Since I work I can't check often especially early mornings threw early evenings so I've pretty much given up hope on attending it.

Both MK dessert parties are grey for the end of December. I'm going with my little sister for New year's Eve again and was hoping to get us reservations since she's in a wheelchair and that place is a nightmare that night. I called when i hit my 180+10 and still couldn't make them. The CM said it's just something that could be released any day at anytime not necessarily at 6 am. Since I work I can't check often especially early mornings threw early evenings so I've pretty much given up hope on attending it.

I'm by no means an expert and my experience is completely anecdotal....but with that said I would certainly not give up hope. I'm looking to to book a party in mid October, and I have yet to see any availability for anything past mid-September. I booked all my ADRs at 180 days out and have never seen openings for October. Based on reports in this thread, I firmly believe the parties have not yet been opened for booking. If I was in your shoes I would follow this thread and remain optimistic!! :smickey:

I was considering starting a watch thread, because I am really getting tired of checking multiple times a day. If this many of us are in the same boat I can start one.

We feel the same way about the parties. I know they are pricey but I don't like fighting crowds and my husband can put away some desserts so it's a win win for us.
The dates I've been trying to get have been blue for sometime and that makes me nervous that they are really full. I will just keep checking everyday to see if anything opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter