• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorations and friends, what could be better. Time to plan..11/27 Final plans& recap

The flowers are beautiful, I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens since last year. $25,000 :eek:

Beautiful pictures of the flowers. One of my favorite things about Spring is beautiful flowers everywhere. You really captured them in their beauty.
Thank you.

Love the flowers -- it must have smelled heavenly there!

Kathy
it did. I kept saying that to Vinny how much I loved the smell.

Great pictures. Looks like a beautiful place! Wow $25,000??? :scared1:.
Thank you. it is a nice place to go.
Me too. I laughed when I saw the price.

The flowers are beautiful, I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens since last year. $25,000 :eek:
I want to go again when the roses come in.

When I last left you we were going into the forest.
Always ahead of me.

We think this was purposely like this to show a tree down being we did not any hole in the ground or anything.

The Bronx River.

A bridge to the other part of the Gardens.

Looking down halfway across the bridge.

Quick video of the water.
http://flickr.com/gp/scottenchanted/41JUR3

Then we moved on.

I love this shot but I need to cut Vinny out.

Then we came to this building. I think it was for the workers.

Looking down where the Rose garden is.

The flight patterns change while we were there and soon enough they were flying over us.

Once again he is ahead of me. LOL

Sorry Vinny, you are not allowed in there.

Here is the tram you can ride around.

This does not look like it belongs in the Bronx.

Con't...

At this point we started to walk out.

I thought it was funny I saw Christmas decorations.

And then my last pic.

It was a fun day and I am so happy we did the membership as we have gotten a lot of use out of it.

Coming up soon,

Our DVC choice…

I have to laugh at how Vinny is always so far ahead of you.:rotfl2: It is like that with my family also. I am always stopping to take pictures & they just keep walking along.:)

What a beautiful place!! It must be so pretty when all the roses are in bloom.

Just stunning pictures of the trees and flowers. And also of Vinny always ahead of you. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear on your DVC selection.

I have to laugh at how Vinny is always so far ahead of you.:rotfl2: It is like that with my family also. I am always stopping to take pictures & they just keep walking along.:)

What a beautiful place!! It must be so pretty when all the roses are in bloom.
it becomes annoying but I am gutting used to it.
I will be going back in a few weeks when they do bloom and take pics.

Just stunning pictures of the trees and flowers. And also of Vinny always ahead of you. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear on your DVC selection.
Thank you.
Probably post on Monday. We cannot book till Sunday.

Update soon. Still waiting for dvc to be able to book.

Sorry again for no updates. I have been busy this weekend and you know how life is.

I will get an update out in the next 2 days.

We are booked for the entire trip. That is done.

I am trying to figure out dining but I have till June 5th for that.

I am leaving in 2 weeks for Aruba so if you are friends with me on Facebook you might just see some pics from there.

I will return soon with an update.

Finally I am able to post about this part. We are DVC members and we have some points left but Renee who is going down with us knew someone who has points was willing to sell them for a good price but we had to wait for the 7 month mark to open. If you know me and Disney I hate waiting to book anything. Anyway, we have now booked from 12/4-12/13 at SSR along with Art of Animation 12/2 - 12/4. I cannot say how excited I am and of course 2 days before at Universal.

This will be our 3rd visit to SSR. The first was in 2011 followed by 2012 x 2. Here is a pic of the map of the resort.

If you notice the orange line I drew that is where we requested to stay. We love the area. It is close to the main building and the pool is usually quiet and the bus stop is the first one and first let off. LOVE IT.

Here is a photo I took of SSR while up in the Characters in Flight balloon.

This is the ceiling of Artist’s Palette. The flatbreads here are so good. Highly recommend it.

Of course we will have to take the boat to DTD.

Here is the section we love to stay in.

Here is the pool there at night. Just a great place to relax.

I thought I had a room pic but I cannot seem to find one. So that is where we will be staying and I am so happy the resort part is taken care of.

My next update will not so far away as this was.

Up next,

Our adr hopefuls.

So glad that you got your resort choice all taken care of. My biggest worry is that when we rent points from the person we've been using the last three years, that if we pick a resort that is not his "home" resort, the resort we will want by the time we can book it won't be available. We really want to stay at AKL next year in a one-bedroom when the kids go with us for their one year anniversary. I will be keeping fingers crossed until January when we can book it.

Anyway, can't wait to hear where you are eating (maybe we'll be picking some of the same places).

So glad that you got your resort choice all taken care of. My biggest worry is that when we rent points from the person we've been using the last three years, that if we pick a resort that is not his "home" resort, the resort we will want by the time we can book it won't be available. We really want to stay at AKL next year in a one-bedroom when the kids go with us for their one year anniversary. I will be keeping fingers crossed until January when we can book it.

Anyway, can't wait to hear where you are eating (maybe we'll be picking some of the same places).
It is a chance you do take. Almost everything was booked up for this time period. I was very surprised. I hope you get what you want next year.

Woohoo!!!!! Resorts booked!! :cool1:
:yay: :dance3: Now I am working on my dining plans. :mad: I cannot decide.

I love SSR but I will wait to you are actually in Disney to see if you are staying at those resorts because you have been known to change things up a bit:rotfl2:

jumping in to follow along here and not just on fb....waiting to see those Aruba photos, don't forget to order an Aruba Arriba, yummy

Subbing in to follow along! Congrats on your recent one year anniversary!

I've read a previous trip report of yours (sorry for lurking and not coming out to say hi) and I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for this trip and the following TR to go along with it.

I know from reading the last TR that you guys love SSR. We are OKWers ourselves, but got waitlisted for our November trip and were going to end up at SSR for a few days, and we were actually really excited about it (part of that was from reading your TR!)...however the waitlist came through so we are staying at OKW the whole time. We've decided to explore SSR this time though.

Good luck on deciding your ADRs!

I love SSR but I will wait to you are actually in Disney to see if you are staying at those resorts because you have been known to change things up a bit:rotfl2:
:rotfl2: SSR is not going to change. We rented points to keep some of our own for next year so it will stay where it is.
AofA I want to try so I think that will remain. :confused3

jumping in to follow along here and not just on fb....waiting to see those Aruba photos, don't forget to order an Aruba Arriba, yummy
:welcome:
I certainly will.

Subbing in to follow along! Congrats on your recent one year anniversary!

I've read a previous trip report of yours (sorry for lurking and not coming out to say hi) and I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for this trip and the following TR to go along with it.

I know from reading the last TR that you guys love SSR. We are OKWers ourselves, but got waitlisted for our November trip and were going to end up at SSR for a few days, and we were actually really excited about it (part of that was from reading your TR!)...however the waitlist came through so we are staying at OKW the whole time. We've decided to explore SSR this time though.

Good luck on deciding your ADRs!
:welcome:
Thank you.
Glad you posted and thanks for reading along on the other reports.
I do love SSR. It is big but we stay in our section.
Thanks. I think I have them down but still tweaking them.

Following along....popcorn:: So exciting that you are going at Christmas! :cool1: I really want to see the parks decorated for the Holidays.. Maybe one day. We drove to Disney for our last trip. Oklahoma to Florida is maybe 18 hrs. I would have to ask the husband. He does all the driving. I corral the kids and try to keep him entertained with scintillating conversation ; ) Driving is not so bad. How you made your ADR's yet? I really like the themeing of the common areas of AoA. Though I'm not a fan of the Little Mermaid rooms that much :confused3(from pictures).

:rotfl2: SSR is not going to change. We rented points to keep some of our own for next year so it will stay where it is.
AofA I want to try so I think that will remain. :confused3

I know the feeling :rotfl:we are taking my sister and her kids this August and then Emily decided to go but we don't have any points left :headache: so we booked her a room at ASMovies because she always wanted to stay there. Next year I think we are going to do the Disney Cruise and probably stay at AOA to save our points for the following year.

Hello there.

I am going to try to write a pre-tr for our next trip which will be in December 2013. It has been a while since I have done this so be kind. :lmao:

Let me give a little background on us.

Here we are. Scott & Vinny.

I am the one on the left. Vinny is on the right. LOL. We are happily married in NYC and have been together for 12 years. Last week we celebrated our first wedding anniversary.

Vinny’s first trip to WDW was back in 2007 when members of his family were going. He thought Disney was for kids and adults cannot have fun. We went and we had a blast and he was hooked.

More trips have happened since then and we will look back at them during the next 7 ½ months.

We are not going alone though. Renee is coming with us. Who is Renee you ask? She is an old friend of Vinny’s. They used to work together. She attended our wedding brunch amongst other things and now she is coming with us for 2 fun weeks. Here is Renee. Bad pic but only I have but that will change on this trip.

We are driving down so that should be fun. Here is a map of the route. It is a boring trip down.

I think I am going to stop here as I wanted to really give the introductions.

Up next,

The when and where….

The 2nd one is the hardest.

Hey Scott I will be there Dec. 3rd thru 10th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter