• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorations and friends, what could be better. Time to plan..11/27 Final plans& recap

OOOOO!! You are brave for writing a TR and a PTR at the same time!! I would be just...lost with confusion...I am so excited to read about this trip too!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read!!! :woohoo:

OOOOO!! You are brave for writing a TR and a PTR at the same time!! I would be just...lost with confusion...I am so excited to read about this trip too!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read!!! :woohoo:

:confused3 is how I feel. :rotfl2:

I need your thoughts?

Art of Animation Little Mermaid room

or

CBR

Which would you choose and why?

I need your thoughts?

or

CBR

I would choose CBR - it is very beautiful and relaxing. I have only stayed at one value and it was ASSPorts and that was 10 year ago but found it to be noisy.

I need your thoughts?

or

CBR

Are those our only two choices :rolleyes: Just kidding, I've stayed at both and I'm not really impressed with either one. CBR is really big, so depending on where they put you, you may be a loooooong way from the food court, big pool, etc. Plus, I live in FL so I like something different from the beach theme. Little Mermaid rooms were cute and I'm glad we got to try them, but they just don't really appeal to me either. Plus, another looong walk to the food court/bus stop. Especially at night after a long day! I would pick Pop over either of those choices :upsidedow sorry I'm not much help!

I would choose CBR - it is very beautiful and relaxing. I have only stayed at one value and it was ASSPorts and that was 10 year ago but found it to be noisy.
Thanks. I am not sure if I would to any of the all stars

Are those our only two choices :rolleyes: Just kidding, I've stayed at both and I'm not really impressed with either one. CBR is really big, so depending on where they put you, you may be a loooooong way from the food court, big pool, etc. Plus, I live in FL so I like something different from the beach theme. Little Mermaid rooms were cute and I'm glad we got to try them, but they just don't really appeal to me either. Plus, another looong walk to the food court/bus stop. Especially at night after a long day! I would pick Pop over either of those choices :upsidedow sorry I'm not much help!
Thanks.
I will say why in the next update why these 2.

The when is the most easiest to answer. We are leaving on 11/29 after work if we have it and then we will stop around Virginia in a hotel for the night. We are going on a 2 week trip. (Any recommendations on I-95) Then we will continue on Saturday and drive straight through till we reach.

We are not staying on the property though. We decided the money should be spent at Disney and this is just a nice little trip to see it at the holidays.

We will be staying here.
Four Points.

Here is a link to the hotel if you are interested in seeing what they offer.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1142

We will be here for 2 nights and then we will move over to Disney.

Disney is being put into 2 different parts. The first 2 nights will be at a new place for us. Borrowed the following pic from internet.

We are staying in this section.

I am hoping it might be warm enough to go in here.

Another thing we will see in the section.

So there you have it. Okay maybe not but the DVC part of our trip is still being planned and cannot be booked for another 2 ½ weeks. Once I do book it and I know where we will be I will update but within that time look for our adr update of hopefuls.

We have 2 nights at Universal and will eat lunch there but not dinner can anyone recommend any place good to eat in Orlando?

Up next,

ADR hopefuls

Sorry this is boring. I will be posting more as I do hopes for dining and for parks.

Scott,

I hear you about the drive; I95 is bor-ing! We're driving down in June with our two teenagers; yuck! :crazy2:

Thank God for electronics...

So excited for your AofA stay.

Kathy

Scott,

I hear you about the drive; I95 is bor-ing! We're driving down in June with our two teenagers; yuck! :crazy2:

Thank God for electronics...

So excited for your AofA stay.

Kathy

it is but I have to show Vinny South of the Border. Maybe I will take a pic of every sign and make a posting of them in the next tr. LOL

I might have to give Vinny some electrnoics but it is his choice to drive.

me too. :yay:

Ok just came over from your TR.

Driving???!!! Well a 2 week trip is ok for driving but would not want to do it for any shorter trip. I love getting there in 3 hours!

AoA woo hoo! I am anxious to see it when we go in May. We are staying at PoP for 4 nights so we will walk over & take some pictures.

OH DVC huh?? Cannot wait to hear about it.

Anxious to see your pictures of your upcoming weekend!!

Ok just came over from your TR.

Driving???!!! Well a 2 week trip is ok for driving but would not want to do it for any shorter trip. I love getting there in 3 hours!

AoA woo hoo! I am anxious to see it when we go in May. We are staying at PoP for 4 nights so we will walk over & take some pictures.

OH DVC huh?? Cannot wait to hear about it.

Anxious to see your pictures of your upcoming weekend!!

Welcome.

if it was shorter we would definitely fly down.
The food court at AofA is so much better than POP. We actually walk over there and eat when we stay at POP now.
I will be posting sometime soon.

I'm here.

Great intros. I don't know about "eating" in Orlando. We enjoy Bubba Gumps and Emeril's at Universal; we've really not eaten off site except for those two spots.

I can't wait to hear what DVC you are staying at? Wonder if you'll end up where we are. I'm hoping our paths will cross while we are there.

I'm here.

Great intros. I don't know about "eating" in Orlando. We enjoy Bubba Gumps and Emeril's at Universal; we've really not eaten off site except for those two spots.

I can't wait to hear what DVC you are staying at? Wonder if you'll end up where we are. I'm hoping our paths will cross while we are there.

Welcome.
I was thinking of Bubba Gumps.
We can book this weekned and it also depends on if a person we know will transfer the points to us. Hopefully it all works out.

Real life update.
On the past Friday we went to the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx and I thought I would share some pics. We went for the Antique & Garden Fair but I didn’t take pics in there as I felt funny.

Here we are walking in.

The ceiling as we check in.

Now you see in the following pic how blurry it was? My first 10 pics are like this as I could not figure out what was wrong but then I finally did so I will go straight to those.

We did go in and look at plants to buy. None then.
Now I believe I have fixed the camera. I am not sure what the flowers were so I will post the pics.

Then we had to go through the Conservatory to get to the Antique fair.

The Conservatory itself was closed as they are setting up for the next show.

These were inside as we walked through.

We were going the right way.

There was a sculpture outside of the tent. The pic will have the price.

And here you go. For $25,000 you can own it.

We looked around the tent. I felt very under dressed as people were dressed up and I was in t shirt and shorts. The prices were very high and I only saw one thing I would want if I had a yard.

Walking out we did see this.

A display on the grass by the conservatory.

Then Vinny was hungry and we ate here.

Fed and happy.

Then we walked around the grounds. I love this pic.

Con't....

A closer look.

Then I looked up at the trees.

People around me thought I was nuts taking that.

We were heading to one these.

The path going to our location.

Here we are.

I will let the pics speak as we walk through.

I could go in here with my tablet and just sit and read. It was so peaceful.

Here is a very short video of a waterfall. I loved the sound of it.
http://flickr.com/gp/scottenchanted/5ZDf91

There is a tram you can ride but every time we saw it the thing was PACKED.

We walked by here and not quite sure what it is but it was closed. Looks so peaceful.

Next we went into the forest.

I think I will stop here and post the rest tomorrow. I will be doing a pre tr update over the weekend as Saturday is the day we can book.

Up next,

The rest of our day

Beautiful pictures of the flowers. One of my favorite things about Spring is beautiful flowers everywhere. You really captured them in their beauty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter