• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your door...

Does anyone know of a link to a discussion about decorating doors on the ship? I was wondering about dimensions of the door and the circular door number. :confused3

Thanks for any help. :)

Kate

I know I have a thread saved somewhere with that info...looks like I have something to keep me occupied at work tomorrow.:goodvibes

I think the best option for everyone is magnets. You can buy them in rolls and sheets in any strength and size.

Ohhh, I didn't know that. Is there a list of things that are not allowed in the room and on the door?

There isn't a list that I have found, but I call in if there are any questions. I also was on the ship last December and the year before so I have something to compare to.

Will suction cups stick to the door? and are they allowed?

They should be allowed as they will not damage the paint on the door. Keep in mind that the halls are tight though and we have had many things knocked off our door by accident. Also keep in mind that there are others on the sailing with us and things have been known to walk away from doors and fish extenders. On our cruise late May last year we had magnets up that we got on the Podcast cruise and three of them disappeared. Luckily we found them a couple doors down. Some I didn't care about but one (from Todd) I really was unhappy it was gone. Once we found it, I put it on the inside of the door.

So Many restrictions
So much time

Definatly time to start planning. How much can we do with magnets? The sky's the limit.

I can't wait to see all the doors. I am going to beta new FE for this cruise maybe even try making one myself.

On our cruise late May last year we had magnets up that we got on the Podcast cruise and three of them disappeared. Luckily we found them a couple doors down. Some I didn't care about but one (from Todd) I really was unhappy it was gone. Once we found it, I put it on the inside of the door.

Where's the smiley for happy tears? :hug:

Where's the smiley for happy tears? :hug:

One that you gave me broke (the pineapple), but we have the pieces and I am waiting for Bill to repair it. But the other (the palm tree) is my favorite!! :lovestruc

Last year was our first cruise and first experience with door magnets. We found it easier to just buy some 8.5x11 magnetic inkjet paper than to mess with attaching magnets.

You can size multiple graphics onto a letter size Word .doc file to maximize usage then print out the whole sheet. They are then easily cut. We've saved all our magnets in ziploc bags and will reuse some on 2.0 while creating some new ones to mix in. :banana:

Here is our door.

DoorMags-1.jpg

Last year was our first cruise and first experience with door magnets. We found it easier to just buy some 8.5x11 magnetic inkjet paper than to mess with attaching magnets.

You can size multiple graphics onto a letter size Word .doc file to maximize usage then print out the whole sheet. They are then easily cut. We've saved all our magnets in ziploc bags and will reuse some on 2.0 while creating some new ones to mix in. :banana:

Here is our door.

DoorMags-1.jpg

I remember that door! Great job Jorge'. :thumbsup2

I remember that door! Great job Jorge'. :thumbsup2

Thanks Paul. Hope things are going well in TX.

One of the things missing though was a door magnet of the Brothers Napolean. I'll have to fix that. :rolleyes1

Does anyone know of a link to a discussion about decorating doors on the ship? I was wondering about dimensions of the door and the circular door number. :confused3

Thanks for any help. :)

Kate

I know I have a thread saved somewhere with that info...looks like I have something to keep me occupied at work tomorrow.:goodvibes

Any luck with finding this info Todd? I have an idea I'd like to ponder on. Hmmmmm.

Here is our door.

DoorMags-1.jpg

I am definitely doing sheets this time. The attached magnets were a pain. Horrible pain!!!

I'm presuming sticking those removable window gems to your door is a no-no, right?

I would be careful with those. They always seem to leave an oily residue behind. My niece had them on my wall for about a minute, and I could tell where she had put them. Also, I've seen the color left behind too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter