• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your door...

Hedy

<font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind
Anyone know if you can use battery operated Christmas lights?
Also, any solos out there decorate their door? Is that a horrible idea?

I think I read that the Battery operated lights are banned too. AskTracy can address this answer for the correct info.

Just remember - NO TAPE - Magnets only for attaching to the doors.

Why ever would you think this?!
When I walk the halls of the ship delivering FE gifts, I expect to see lots of decorated doors. Have no idea how many people will be living behind the door.

I seem to remember that battery operated ones are taboo as well.

I'm solo and you best believe my door will be 'deck'-ed out.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Lights, battery or otherwise, are not permitted on the ship in your cabin or on your door. Wreaths are also not permitted on your door.

We decorated foam stockings and put magnets on them for our door. We also brought suction cup hooks and hung little stockings in our room. Tracey is correct - no tape or glue on the doors at all!

Lights, battery or otherwise, are not permitted on the ship in your cabin or on your door. Wreaths are also not permitted on your door.

We decorated foam stockings and put magnets on them for our door. We also brought suction cup hooks and hung little stockings in our room. Tracey is correct - no tape or glue on the doors at all!

Tracy thanks for the idea about the foam stockings. I really like that idea, hope you don't mind if I borrow it. :)

Tracy thanks for the idea about the foam stockings. I really like that idea, hope you don't mind if I borrow it. :)

No problem and if you need some foam stockings, let me know (we have lots of extras). We could make door magnets at WhipCOT :lmao:

I seem to remember that battery operated ones are taboo as well.

I'm solo and you best believe my door will be 'deck'-ed out.:goodvibes:goodvibes

:( Oh well, that was a fun idea while it lasted. Off to find other decoration ideas.

:( Oh well, that was a fun idea while it lasted. Off to find other decoration ideas.

I'm presuming sticking those removable window gems to your door is a no-no, right?

I'm presuming sticking those removable window gems to your door is a no-no, right?

I'm not sure about that but I would bet it could be a problem. Anything that has a chance of taking off the paint is a no-no. I'll check with DCL though tomorrow.

The removable window gems are ok so long as they do no damage to the door! :cool1::cool1:

The removable window gems are ok so long as they do no damage to the door! :cool1::cool1:

But I wonder how well they could be seen. Isn't the door a darker color? Or am I imagining things.

Do we have a set or rules for our contest? A set of impartial judges that I can bribe?

But I wonder how well they could be seen. Isn't the door a darker color? Or am I imagining things.

Do we have a set or rules for our contest? A set of impartial judges that I can bribe?

You are imagining things. The doors are white.

We bought a collapsable tree for our last cruise (just a spiral of white wire that is pre-lighted). It lays flat and can fit in the suitcase. We then bought ornaments from the gift shop for each day of the cruise and hung it on the tree. Amazinglyly the tree supported the weight.

We also put the Disney holiday clings (bought from Epcot) on the glass door.

I have never decorated the door on the cruise. I want to do that this time. Shame about the lights. That would be cool.

Kate

We bought a collapsable tree for our last cruise (just a spiral of white wire that is pre-lighted). It lays flat and can fit in the suitcase. We then bought ornaments from the gift shop for each day of the cruise and hung it on the tree. Amazinglyly the tree supported the weight.

We also put the Disney holiday clings (bought from Epcot) on the glass door.

I have never decorated the door on the cruise. I want to do that this time. Shame about the lights. That would be cool.

Kate

Keep in mind that the rules have changed and a tree is no longer acceptable, even if unlit.

Does anyone know of a link to a discussion about decorating doors on the ship? I was wondering about dimensions of the door and the circular door number. :confused3

Thanks for any help. :)

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter