December 2015 Car Rental Rate watch

For those of you who are getting the error code for the visa coupon - did you cut and paste the code? I've done that and it puts a space at the end of the code and then it doesn't work. Just trying to guess any possible reason why the code isn't working for you.

Here's the link to the actual coupon on the alamo website. It does say at least a 3 day rental and a Saturday night keep is required. It also says limited availability, but I've not heard of anyone not being able to use it.
https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-ren...nity/7015504-visa.html?customerNumber=7015504

not sure that link takes us to anything but the website. ?

Whoops sorry, kiki02. I removed the link from my post (if you would do the same in your quote, I'd appreciate that).

I found the coupon by doing a search for AD2338FDF Alamo visa coupon. It took me to my alamo page and had the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Anyway - hope others are able to get it to work. I have used it several times over the years. Right now, the expiration date is dec 2016.

For those of you who are getting the error code for the visa coupon - did you cut and paste the code? I've done that and it puts a space at the end of the code and then it doesn't work. Just trying to guess any possible reason why the code isn't working for you.

The coupon says at least a 3 day rental and a Saturday night keep is required. It also says limited availability, but I've not heard of anyone not being able to use it.

Not cutting and pasting and we have it over a Saturday for six days. So frustrating.

Thank you, I just knocked another $36 off for 12/3 - 12/11, down to $124 for Full Size!

I signed in with my Alamo account, put the Costco code and Alamo coupon in, and it worked for my dates!

Last edited:
I've never used them and they aren't in terminal but Sixt car rental has dropped their prices for your dates. A full size is around $130.00
Thank you for checking! I have not used Sixt as they are offsite. I'm not seeing good reviews for the Tampa location either so I'll probably stick with Alamo or Budget and hope the rate drops. Thanks again for looking for me.

Just checked and changed my reservation. PU TPA 12/18, DO MCO 12/22, $201 w/Budget. Saves me $97. I'd rather have Alamo but I'll take what I can get!

I just found a good price drop on my Alamo reservation. We are picking up in TPA 12/4 and dropping off at MCO 12/7. I used Visa contract ID 7015504 and coupon AD7394SDJ, my mid-size ended up $90.

Thank you!!! just used this code to cut another $15 off my rental. Down to $145.10 for a full size for a week.

I just found a good price drop on my Alamo reservation. We are picking up in TPA 12/4 and dropping off at MCO 12/7. I used Visa contract ID 7015504 and coupon AD7394SDJ, my mid-size ended up $90.

No other code has worked for our dates, but this one did...before I entered your codes the rate was $149...after codes - $79!!!!

Thanks so much for posting!

I have asked this question before but never really got a straight answer so I am looking for anyone with insight. Right now I have my one week Alamo rental booked picking up and dropping off at noon for a rate of $119. We were able to switch to an earlier flight and will now arrive before 10AM. When I look at rebooking with picking up at 10AM and dropping off at noon my rental jumps up to $146.93. What happens if I show up to the counter and just let them know I was able to get on an early flight? Should I try that or just rebook and pay the $27 for the extra 2 hours?

When I use the above codes, the rate is even HIGHER.

I have asked this question before but never really got a straight answer so I am looking for anyone with insight. Right now I have my one week Alamo rental booked picking up and dropping off at noon for a rate of $119. We were able to switch to an earlier flight and will now arrive before 10AM. When I look at rebooking with picking up at 10AM and dropping off at noon my rental jumps up to $146.93. What happens if I show up to the counter and just let them know I was able to get on an early flight? Should I try that or just rebook and pay the $27 for the extra 2 hours?
Alamo gives you a grace period of 30 minutes after your return time (which should be exactly 7 days after you pick it up, to the minute). Since you're keeping it 2 hours longer you will need to pay for that extra time. When you look at rebooking after making your initial car reservation your new rate is not based on your old rate, but by the current rate for the car. That rate can go up or down. Look at your current quote and see what the extra hour rate and extra day rate is. If you just leave your reservation the way it is and return the car you will be charged for 2 extra hours or for an extra day whichever is less.

3. Payment by Renter.

a. For items designated as either “/hour”, “/day”, “/week” or “/month” on the Agreement

(1) “/day” is each consecutive 24 hour period beginning after the start time of the rental.

(2) “/hour” is 60 consecutive minutes or any portion thereof, beginning 30 minutes after the start time of the rental.

(3) “/week” is 7 consecutive 24 hour days beginning after the start time of the rental.

(4) “/month” is 30 consecutive 24 hour days beginning after the start time of the rental.

(5) Unless expressly modified in the Agreement, all charges are for a minimum of 1 day.

b. Renter shall pay Owner on demand as set forth in the charges section on the Agreement for:

(1) The hour, day, week and month charges noted on the Agreement for the Rental Period. The “/hour” charge if shown shall apply to each full or partial hour in excess of a day. The hourly charges shall not exceed the cost of one additional day. If Vehicle is returned during non-business hours or to any place other than the Return Location on the Agreement all rental charges incurred through the time an employee of Owner checks in Vehicle are Renter’s responsibility.

Ughh...my prices made a painful sky rocket up today. I will continue to watch but at this point don't expect to find anything better unless a great last minute deal pops up, but given the drastic increase I am guess demand is quite high so it's unlikely. I will continue to watch- it's the thrill of a deal!

When I use the above codes, the rate is even HIGHER.

Ughh...my prices made a painful sky rocket up today. I will continue to watch but at this point don't expect to find anything better unless a great last minute deal pops up, but given the drastic increase I am guess demand is quite high so it's unlikely. I will continue to watch- it's the thrill of a deal!

My rates are higher, too (both with that code and using my current Costco code). Oh well.
ilovevacation - Sometimes I get my lowest price just a couple days prior to leaving. Other times, it stays high. I'll also continue to watch and I totally agree that it's the thrill of the deal... at this point, if I catch a drop of even a few dollars, I'm excited!!!

pick up 12/22. One week. Still at 400$. Ugh.
OK, I have a couple of options for you. You didn't say what size car you needed so I assume that an intermediate will work.

(1) Thrifty has an intermediate from MCO for $339 using the Orlando MagicCard corporate code 004M001010.

Your second option is to take a taxi off MCO property to pick up a car and then return it to MCO. This works when your arrival time is within the regular working hours.

(2) Enterprise has an intermediate for $244 ($218 if you're a Costco member) pick up at Hoffner location (about an $18 cab ride, open until 6:00 pm) and drop off at MCO.

ETA: Here is the one-way rental link for Enterprise: https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-rental/one-way.html

I just today decided to book a car for our December trip. Our trip is 12/3 - 12/8. I booked with Alamo using the AD2338FDF coupon and the Vegas code and I got a Full-size for $142.22. I tried for a compact, but I got the message that there were none that category available for my dates, so I went up to the full-sized.

When I tried to cancel the reservation I had booked earlier thru Car Rental Savers, I got the message I could not cancel online and had to call to cancel. That kind of surprised me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter