• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2012 Code Watch

So I found it by clicking on the Special Offers at the very bottom of their home page and then scrolling down but only on IE not on Firefox. I priced out several resorts that I had priced previously. I would save a whole $66.00 with this offer at the BCV and it would actually cost me more at AKL -- although that makes no sense whatsoever. It is cheaper at CSR and POFQ by about $100.00 I give up. That is not enough to bring this trip into budget. Hopefully the AP discount will come out tomorrow and it will be more and include more days like it did last year.

All - thanks to your tips, I found it. I had a similar output though.

It was actually cheaper (for the Contemporary) for me to keep the 20% pin code that randomly showed up on my husband's name a few months back. Just decided to stop stressing and leave well enough alone. Guess this will be the cheapest that we will get this trip.

Thanks,
mmkenn

Well I am VERY excited! After months of getting PINs for every date EXCEPT my week in December (it seemed), my TA emailed me this morning to say she had seen the new discounts and she was able to save me over $1,000 on our YC stay!!

There just aren't enough of these :cool1::cool1::cool1: to express my happiness.

:goodvibes for the rest of you trying for good discounts!!

Yay! 30% off Wilderness Lodge bunk bed room.

Our party trip only mini-vacay is ON! :cool1::santa::cool1::santa:

DH is happy and my DDs and I will have a 4-year streak of making it to the world in December to get in the spirit. I think it's safe to call it a tradition now. And nobody messes with tradition, right??

Well I am VERY excited! After months of getting PINs for every date EXCEPT my week in December (it seemed), my TA emailed me this morning to say she had seen the new discounts and she was able to save me over $1,000 on our YC stay!!

There just aren't enough of these :cool1::cool1::cool1: to express my happiness.

You must be going the first week in December - there has been NOTHING until today as far as discounts for that time. Glad it helped you!

Feeling the same way right now.

Was able to save about $2200 on our Poly/BC split stay for Dec. 8-16. We are super excited as we'll be treating my parents and these are my two dream resorts.:yay:

I think it's safe to call it a tradition now. And nobody messes with tradition, right??

Unfortunately, my tradition is being messed with. When we first started this tradition of going for Christmas they gave you the discount through your entire stay even if it ended in the middle of the trip. They did away with that which used to mean that we paid full price for Christmas night but the discount was good through Christmas Eve, last year it was good through the night of the 23rd so we paid full price for two nights. With this discount we would be paying full price for all but one night. There has to be something coming for APers or my tradition is down the tubes. :sad:

Please let there be something

So I just got this message but can't find codes on the WD site

New Discounts Released Today, Get Up to 30% Off Walt Disney World Resort Rooms! - Walt Disney World Resort Rooms are available with discounts up to 30% for stays most nights September 30, 2012 - November 16, 2012 and November 24, 2012 - December 22, 2012. Check in by December 22, 2012 for the holidays and receive the discount for your entire stay.

So now I am really ticked. I just tried to go to the discount offer and I can't find it on IE OR Firefox. What is going on?

Awesome! I came right over to the DIS when I saw everyone's posts and there was the discount link at the top! I am using Safari.

I saved another $500 at the YC over my previous AAA discount. Now I just need to call back and cancel the other one.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

So far our Res is only going down $57 for the entire week for our standard room at POFQ. Bah.

I went from ten percent with AAA to fifteen percent with this discount..saved me 51 bucks but hey every little bit counts..:dance3:

I saved $800.00 with the fall code! I'm so happy! I can't wait to see how much the discount will be for FL residents and AP holders. I spoke to a cast member this morning, and she said they will be released in this week or at the latest next week.

We're staying at OKW for our honeymoon, but I wanted two nights at the Poly club level for the first days of our trip. I got the 30% off, but it kind of irks me that I had priced the same room out a month ago (it was under my saved offers, so I made sure it was the exact same room I was looking at) and the rooms were cheaper per night back then (with no discount whatsoever). Two nights at club level at the Poly is $1,361 now and it was $1,282 a month ago. I still saved $200+, but it doesn't seem like such a discount when the prices for the rooms are raised and then discounted. I would've saved more had they been at the old price.

Well, this discount was a bit of an emotional roller coaster but I ended up saving $1300.

In January I had booked a 2BDR BWV Lockoff. I knew that the odds of getting a discount on that were slim but at rack rate a 2BDR was cheaper than a 1BDR + Studio separately. So when I called this morning, no discount for my 2BDR.

I did get a 5% discount on my 2BDR AKV Savannah view, which was a happy surprise.

After I got back from my son's school orientation I sat down and played with the numbers. At that point I realized that there were both 1BDRs and Studios available at BWV with the discount. The Studios were pretty surprising; they're usually long gone by now. So after some discussion with the family on beds, we decided to separate into two rooms. It means an air bed for my son, but I saved $1100. And if deeper AP discounts come out next week, I could save more.

It was definitely a scary moment though giving up that 2BDR that I've had booked forever. But this is clearly better for us. :thumbsup2

I woke up today with the Disney itch. Really want to go for New Years, on a tight budget. Stalking this thread for AP discounts and such, good luck and congrats to everybody that got a great deal so far!

All - thanks to your tips, I found it. I had a similar output though.

It was actually cheaper (for the Contemporary) for me to keep the 20% pin code that randomly showed up on my husband's name a few months back. Just decided to stop stressing and leave well enough alone. Guess this will be the cheapest that we will get this trip.

Thanks,
mmkenn

Yep...based on what I could see many of the Contemporary rooms weren't getting much of a discount. For our 8 night stay starting early December they only knocked a few hundred dollars off (tower theme park view). Still happy to be going though :goodvibes

I woke up today with the Disney itch. Really want to go for New Years, on a tight budget. Stalking this thread for AP discounts and such, good luck and congrats to everybody that got a great deal so far!

Some pixie dust for you hoping you find a great deal ! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Warning, story/rant of epic proportions coming your way. Don't worry, I have a point to it! :p

I've been dreaming of ages of taking my parents to Disney this year, more towards the end of Nov-early Dec. Now, long story short, the only way to go with BOTH of them (where my Dad would enjoy the trip) would be if we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, during a time where it's not HOT, and it's not incredibly busy. Last time he joined us on a trip was in July of '97. This was a bad combo for him for multiple reasons:

1: It was July. Scorching heat combined with his medications at the time didn't work well for his overall health, so he ended up being dizzy a couple times.

2: Schools were out, so it was packed like sardines, and he doesn't particularly like that. Most people I don't think like that, so you can understand. :)

3: He's only seen the castle as a cake. :crazy2: Yeah. We went twice during that period, and now that's all he can think of it as; a huge pink cake that looked like a Willy Wonka creation reject. :lmao:

4: We stayed at All Star Sports during that time. It wasn't bad at all, and I was just happy to be in Disney (being 8 at the time, of course I'd be! LOL), but it was a good deal of walking for my parents, and my mom and I have since decided that the All Star Resorts, while are good for some families, aren't right for us. Nothing against them, it just doesn't work for us that well. :thumbsup2

5: It was during the year before Animal Kingdom opened, and there weren't nearly as many things for him to enjoy in the other parks (personal tastes and whatnot) as there are now. The exception was the Skyway, which was a favorite of the entire family. Of course that'd be closed, go figure. I loved it so much, and it saved on walking for my parents. :sad2: I can tell you right now that Epcot would be his ultimate park though. Test Track (well, the reimagineered one I guess it'd have to be) would be one he'd love, Mission:Space as well, and Soarin' would be his #1. Just to see him ride that one would make me the happiest person in the park. :goodvibes

ANYWAYS, I'm rambling. Point is, since that trip in 97', he's got it stuck in his mind that WDW is ALWAYS like that, and doesn't want to go. My mom and I have gone twice in June of 2009 and 2010, and we told him how much it's changed since then, and how it can be so much more fun for him, yet he's stubborn, so he refuses to go. That, and he thinks it'd be a waste of money for him to go. We want to see him go so badly, because we KNOW he'd love it now, but he doesn't believe us. :confused3

So to continue my story (if you're still with me, you're awesome, so thank you :cheer2:), we're currently living in NJ. We've decided to move to Georgia, where my brother and his family live (they love Disney and are part of the Vacation Club). We finally found a house down there and are planning on moving mid-Oct. Now, I've been saving up for this December 2012 trip for months, and I've got a good chunk of money saved up just from reward bucks, spare change lying around, bank reward dollars, etc. Only thing is that, even with the money saved up, going to Wilderness Lodge during the time we wanna go is extremely expensive, not to mention we'll still be settling in from the move. My mother and I want to experience Disney during Christmas time so bad that it hurts, and I know one day we will, but I want so badly to be this year. I've been getting random codes the past few months, but they're always for the dates we don't want, and it frustrates me, so I look on these boards to calm my Disney urges. Doesn't help that I want to surprise my parents with a custom cake while we're there at some point, so my Pisces mind gets all these ideas of things I can't realize yet and I get ancy, so I look at the Cake Chatter thread to help me. I'm like an addict to this site. It's my fix. :rotfl:

So, to finish my novel, I wanted to check in and see what my chances were on getting a miracle discount pin that'll make it affordable to go for us. Disney is my home sweet home, the place I feel the most comfortable, and if I had the opportunity, I'd work there so I could be with the magic all day. :rolleyes2 I keep checking in for codes, so I can only hope I'll be lucky.

/end_novel :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter