• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2012 Code Watch

disnemimi said:
I am waiting for an AP code as well for December 2nd. Do you think I should book a resort hotel with AAA discount and hope to change it when the AP codes come out? We are looking at deluxe hotels so without the AP code, I'm not sure we will go in December. Any thoughts???
Disnemimi

If you're going regardless of the discount, then you can book to insure a specific resort/room. If your trip is dependent on the discount, then there's not really any point to booking now. Better to wait it out and not give Disney your money.

Well, we moved up our res from Christmas/New Years week to Dec. 15-23 and changed from AoA Little Mermaid to POR to get the free dining and it ended up costing the us nothing extra:cool1:

I was just checking my dining ressie on the Disney website and notice that the screen has new pictures in rotation. On one of them the have a "save 30% on your next vacation" but when I tried to click on it, nothing came up. I'm assuming they're updating the next promo, hopefully in the a.m it will be for our time frame.. Keep your fingers crossed :stir:

keliblue said:
I was just checking my dining ressie on the Disney website and notice that the screen has new pictures in rotation. On one of them the have a "save 30% on your next vacation" but when I tried to click on it, nothing came up. I'm assuming they're updating the next promo, hopefully in the a.m it will be for our time frame.. Keep your fingers crossed :stir:

I don't see anything. They changed the pics. Looks like they're pushing the Halloween party now.

keliblue said:

I see the pic you're talking about. But it's the same pic they used for the last GP promotion that ended 8-14. It's probably just left over from that.

Btw, it only shows up on certain browers, so another reason to think it's left over from the last promotion.

I keep advising people to check availability for their resort/room to evaluate the likelihood of an applicable discount. But I was to scared to look for my own. ;) I've had a 2BDR booked at BWV since January, knowing my odds of a discount were not impossible but were slim. So I finally checked and was pleasantly surprised. No 2BDRs were listed but there were both 1BDRs and Studios at BWV and BCV. (Not really sure how they decide which ones to sell together as 2BDRs vs separately.) That really surprised me as Studios usually go fast. Especially at BCV.

So I am feeling much better about getting some discount for our trip. Anything we save would be a great bonus. :)

I keep advising people to check availability for their resort/room to evaluate the likelihood of an applicable discount. But I was to scared to look for my own. ;) I've had a 2BDR booked at BWV since January, knowing my odds of a discount were not impossible but were slim. So I finally checked and was pleasantly surprised. No 2BDRs were listed but there were both 1BDRs and Studios at BWV and BCV. (Not really sure how they decide which ones to sell together as 2BDRs vs separately.) That really surprised me as Studios usually go fast. Especially at BCV.

So I am feeling much better about getting some discount for our trip. Anything we save would be a great bonus. :)

I checked mine, too, after this thread made me feel paranoid about paying too much! :hyper: There are actually rooms just like mine still available. Fingers crossed!

An offer appeared on the website this morning for fall up to 30% off. My dates for December were included - half at 25% off and half at 30% off, so I booked it. :cool1: I'm so glad to finally have something booked, but still hoping the AP rates are better.

An offer appeared on the website this morning for fall up to 30% off. My dates for December were included - half at 25% off and half at 30% off, so I booked it. :cool1: I'm so glad to finally have something booked, but still hoping the AP rates are better.

It appeared on my iPhone, but not on my computer. Weird...

I'm guessing it has something to do with cookies, and not wanting everyone to get it. Maybe if you already have a booked vacation (and are still logged into your Disney account)?

not true, im logged in, have a vaca booked and it showed up for me

Weird here, too. It appeared using IE but not when I used Firefox. :confused3

I'm having the opposite - not appearing on IE (which is my normal browser) but I can see it on Firefox. I even tried deleting cookies and it still doesn't show up:confused3. For me, the offer shows up on the rotating banner on the WDW home page only if I'm looking from my iPhone.

Hi - what website? Was this on disney's own website?

thanks,
mmkenn

Yes, this was posted on Disney's own website. It appeared as a banner with the discount and linked you to the special rate. At first I couldn't get the hotel I wanted, so I called Central Reservations and got the Polynesian. Afterwards I went to the website and the Poly was then listed as well. Good luck!!!

Hi,

I must have some special pop-up blocker. Was this on wdw website or just disney,com?

Thanks,
mmkenn

I would suggest calling Disney reservations and booking the room from them. Just ask for the "fall discount code", and they will help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter