• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2012 Code Watch

StephyDee said:
Warning, story/rant of epic proportions coming your way. Don't worry, I have a point to it! :p

So, to finish my novel, I wanted to check in and see what my chances were on getting a miracle discount pin that'll make it affordable to go for us. Disney is my home sweet home, the place I feel the most comfortable, and if I had the opportunity, I'd work there so I could be with the magic all day. :rolleyes2 I keep checking in for codes, so I can only hope I'll be lucky.

/end_novel :rotfl2:

Good luck. Did you check with the resort discount that came out yesterday?

Just modified my December reservation which was booked with the GP fall discount code, with the AP code! I saved an extra $200 on our week long stay; total savings: $1000 from rack rate! Not to shabby!!!

I saved another $400 this morning with the AP discount. That's $1700 total savings. Yay!

Hope everyone got what they were looking for.

Our 2 nights(before a DVC stay)saved us roughly $62. We had Sports booked but had to transfer to Music, CM said Sports didnt have any AP rates. Did anyone else experience this?

Does anyone have the details on the AP rate. I've never used an AP, but I'm thinking about mixing that with TIW and seeing if that is a better deal than free dining.

It's interesting reading this thread. For us, airfare is the determining factor as there are five of us, and we're coming from fairly far away. Without fail, for my route the best airfare is found about five months in advance. Once that's done, we're coming- discount or no discount!

So all of this is really just icing on the cake. I wish I had booked an extra day or two given the discount we received. :sad: Next time I'll overbook and take a chance on the discount!

I need to make a correction--it wasn't 30% off that I got for my early Dec trip. More like 20%. (we're still going, don't tell DH)

Does anyone have the details on the AP rate. I've never used an AP, but I'm thinking about mixing that with TIW and seeing if that is a better deal than free dining.
From that perspective, I would determine if FD vs. TIW is your best choice, because AP rates cant be counted on for sure. In the past, AP holders could about guarantee that discounts would come, after yesterday, not so sure. They came, but in very short supply it seems.

Ex. of rates, values were 15-20%. TIW will cost $75 with an AP. You save 20% with meals.

simonmunro said:

Discounts vary based on dates, resort and room type. Are you looking for a particular trip?

Unless you are planning to use the AP for ticket purposes (i.e., a trip longer than 9 days or multiple trips in a year) it is not generally worth the cost of the AP just to chance a discount. But if you can secure a discount before buying the AP, it might be. Your best bets are less popular resorts, higher room classes and in low time periods.

I was thrilled to see AP rates thru Christmas Eve. Booked at POR for the week! Yay!

Couldn't get standard view though, but garden was open. Overall, it was about $200 less than rack rate standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter