Debra's Revived Double Stroller Swap ***FULL***

Status
Not open for further replies.
WONDERFUL! Thank you for staying on top off it and finding the strollers.

I think your above post is perfect. I'm actually working on a short version to send to all my swappers...just to remind them of the set rules of participating.

HATS OFF TO DEBRAW76 for finding the stroller. I have been there and done that...trust me swappers...it is no easy task Disney is HUGE when trying to track down one lil stroller.

WTG DEBRAW76!!

ilm2g is at the happiest place on earth! :smickey: :cloud9:
MsReneau (1 day) :laundy: :scared: :dance3:
Coats4 (16 days) :jumping1:
FeeleyFans (28 days) :banana: :banana: :banana:
NancysTrio (35 days) :banana: :banana:
jtslykin (47 days) :banana: :banana:
mik0724 (54 days) :banana: :banana:
a82Alliston (58 days) :banana: :banana:
XJersey_Guy (65 days) :yay: :yay:
TTrice222 (72 days) :yay: :yay:
Wooster5 (78 days) :cool1:
CherylW (83 days) :cool1:
DEBRAw76 (86 days?) -Trip on the verge of being cancelled. DH got laid off :sad1:

Debra....Princessmorgan has had to switch her dates. She might be interested in your open May 14-16 dates. :)

Hi, I'm new to these boards and I can't find a stroller that covers my entire week (may 13-20) but I found one that I can start on the 16th. Is the May 14-16 still open? How would that work for those days? Would your stroller be available for use on the 14th or receive it at the end of that night?
Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to these boards and I can't find a stroller that covers my entire week (may 13-20) but I found one that I can start on the 16th. Is the May 14-16 still open? How would that work for those days? Would your stroller be available for use on the 14th or receive it at the end of that night?
Thanks!

Waiting to see if the 6-9 is available.

Hello and welcome to the disboards. I am so sorry to say though that I have decided to make it a requirement that any new swappers added have at least 100 posts.

I apologize for this and I know this doesn't sound very welcoming. But this is because the last few swappers that I added that had very few posts all wound up disastrous. It is true that a few bad apples spoil the basket.

Again I am so sorry that I had to do this but I feel this is what we need to do in order to secure the stroller for the other swappers who have already paid and are expecting a stroller to be available to them when they arrive. I hope you can understand where I am coming from and not take this personally nor think that the entire disboards is bad.

I do understand your position. Thank you for taking the time to explain. While I know I am trustworthy and reliable, you don't know me at all. I'm just sorry it didn't work out this time.

I just got word from FeeleyFan who has the stroller now that the frame was bent when she got it and she has not been able to use it. I thought I'd pass that on and give the next people in line a heads up. I get it from her on the 16, so I will have my husband take a look and see if anything can be done to fix it.
Nancy

BTW: just wanted to pass this on to you. While at your resort, if you need tools you can ask maintance and they will bring a variety to your room. One of my swappers call maintance to fix a stroller and they sent VANS FULL!:lmao: But at least the stroller was fixed.

Good luck!

Good morning. I received a message from Bettie Anne saying that the stroller could not turn left or right for her. I called her to get more information but all I get is her voice mail. I am not sure if she has it in the locked position or if the wheel is broken or what. I still have the extra stroller and I can remove the front wheel and ship that to her or to Nancy but I want to be sure that is what is wrong first before I ship it.

EVERYONE:::: PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A LOCK UNDERNEATH THE FRONT WHEEL THAT ALLOWS IT TO TURN LEFT AND RIGHT. YOU CAN LOCK IT IN THE STRAIGHT POSITION OR YOU CAN UNLOCK IT TO ALLOW THE FRONT WHEEL TO SWIVEL. IF YOU FIND THE STROLLER WILL NOT TURN FOR YOU THEN CHECK THAT LOCK TO BE SURE IT IS UNLOCKED. WHEN I USED IT SOMETIMES IT WOULD LOCK ITSELF BY FOLDING AND/OR UNFOLDING.

I imagine that if it is locked and you try hard enough to make it turn that you could perhaps bend the wheel. I hope this is not what happened but if so it is easily fixable with just replacing the wheel.

Nancy, it seems that you have talked to Bettie Ann, if you have more information please send it to me. Thanks!

have we heard if the stroller is going to be ok? just wondering if i should start working on a backup plan??
thanks!

Still haven't heard from BettieAnn but I am shipping the front wheel from the old stroller to Nancy so that the front wheel can be replaced.

Nancy, can you PM me with your contact info in case I need to contact you, I have the stroller after you. Hope it is working for you and you don't have to change out the wheel!

Good morning everyone. I was able to get in touch with Bettie Ann this morning and she said the actual wheel was bent. Since I still have our old stroller with the ripped seat I took out the wheel and shipped it to Nancy. She should get it on Friday.

Also, when I opened the box I found our missing raincover :confused3 !! So I shipped that to Nancy as well. Please use this to cover the stroller if it is raining. It covers all of the fabric to protect it from water.

Also wanted to remind everyone that our stroller has a lock for the front wheel swivel. Meaning if the front wheel is not turning for you look for the lock under the seat and unlock it ;)

If you have not already done so please send me your cell phone number and exchange information before you leave. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation. :wizard:

:yay::yay::yay::yay: I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow. I will look for the things shipped on Friday. I won't have internet, but I can try to call Debra and update her on the stroller condition. It's wonderful that is is cold and raining her in Philly. I am so excited!!!!!:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter