April 28- May 5 jtslykin paid via check
May 5- 9 mik0724 paid via paypal 2/15/09
May 9- 14 a82Allison (Dolphin-AKV)paid via paypal 2/12/09
May 16-23 XJersey Guy (Ft. Wilderness) paid via check 2/15/09
May 23-27 ttrice222 (Carribbean Beach) paid via paypal 2/15/09
May 27- June 3 wooster5 (POP) paid via paypal 2/6/09
June 3-6 CherylW (OKW) paid via cash
June 6-13 DEBRAw76 paid via cash

Starting June 14th this stroller will become the Royal Carriage #5. Check the Royal Carriage stroller swap for the official availability list.

June 14-23 Nurse_Mommy4 confirmed paid via paypal 2/24/09
June 24- July 1 joannem (CS) confirmed paid via paypal 2/24/09
July 2-5 OPEN
July 6-13 sonnesolsun paid via paypal 3/1/09
July 14-17 OPEN
July 18-26 Finally - A Vacation (POP) paid via check 3/5/09
July 30-Aug 18 OPEN
Aug 19-25 uncle jr. (POP) paid via paypal 2/7/09
Aug 26- Sept 4 LisaNJ25
Sept 5-18 OPEN
Sept 19-26 princessmorgan (AS MUSIC) paid via paypal 2/27/09
Sept 27-29 OPEN
Sept 30- Oct 7 MaMaSiBs (KW)

Going to Disney and trying to save money on your stroller rental? With Disney Strollers being $31 per day, a stroller expense could easily become a large portion of your budget. Save money by joining our stroller swap. The cost is only $10 for your entire stay. Plus it is a great opportunity to meet other friendly dissers.

Interested?

HOW TO RESERVE OUR STROLLER
Please post here the dates you need it, along with the resort you will be staying at.

I will then add your name to our list to soft reserve your spot.

Then send in your payment in order to confirm your dates.

PM the person before and after your dates to arrange a swap or handoff of the stroller. Remember that face to face swaps are best. Every time our stroller is put in storage we are running the risk of it becoming lost or stolen. Sometimes however, face to face swaps are not feasible. If a F2F cannot be arranged then the stroller should be left at the resort where the next user is checking in or a mutually agreed upon place between the two users. If it is left at luggage services include the following information with the stroller: Name, Resort name, Ressie Number, Check in date, & Cell Phone Number

Keep checking this thread for updates and countdowns.

When your time comes collect the stroller from the person as you previous arranged.

Enjoy the stroller during your vacation. Remember to use the rain cover to protect it from Florida showers.

At the end of your vacation sanitize it and deliver it to the person after you as you previously arranged.

When you get home come back here and tell everyone about your trip!

Previous Users
Sept 12-18 1LuckyMonkey (CBR) paid
Sept 18-24 parith1114 (POP) -paid
Sept 24-Oct 6 faindrops27 (POP) paid
Oct 11-17 DebraW76 (YC and ASSp) paid
Oct 18-25 pjzkent (OKW) paid
Oct 25-31 - SStaughton paid
Oct 31-Nov 8 - KellyA6 paid
Nov 11-20 Chrisann (BWV) paid
Nov 20-25 TSNCS (All Star Sports) paid
Nov 25-28 SARAHS1MOM (BCV) paid
Nov 28-Dec 6 Nlbnikki (All Stars Music) paid
Dec 7-15 XRayvin (AK-POFQ) paid
Dec 15-20 Heaven2DC
Dec 20-27 Clint1Howard
Jan 11-18 scdvcwannabe
Jan 18 - Jan 24 - GracieCakes (POP)
Jan 24-31 DisneyTigers paid
Feb 1 - 7 Lessing confirmed
Feb 7 - 12 Katiebrakeconfirmed
Feb 18-24 CSWan1 (mamadunham) paid via paypal 2/5/09
Feb 28-March 7 3LoveBugsconfirmed
March7-10 BMcAnally paid via paypal 3/1/09 - NEVER COLLECTED STROLLER
March 10-15 ilm2g paid via check

Here is the description of the stroller on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XRK00K

stroller.jpg

Product Description
This luxurious swivel-wheeled stroller is the industry benchmark. For both parents and children the safety and maneuverability of this item is unmatched. This go-anywhere, do-anything stroller has loads of storage and features a parent tray with lid and child tray.

Features:

* Versatile 12" wheels that swivel or lock in place
* Durable steel frame
* Parent tray with lid
* Child tray for drinks or snacks
* Large under seat basket
* One-hand fold design is easy to use
* Roomy and comfortable interior
* Padded seat and comfortable 5-point harness
* Mesh bug screen, no more pests
* Reclining seat features a wide adjustable range

Specifications:

* Maximum Weight Limit: 75 lbs. per child
* Folded Dimensions: 37" x 32.8" x 18.4"
* Assembled Dimensions: 45" x 33" x 43.5"
* Stroller Weight: 34 lbs.

Product Details

* Product Dimensions: 41 x 15 x 28 inches ; 34 pounds
* Shipping Weight: 39.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
* Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
* Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
* Note: Gift-wrapping is not available for this item.
* ASIN: B000XRK00K
* Item model number: 11-AR800
* Average Customer Review:

3 Reviews
5 star: (0)
4 star: 66% (2)
3 star: 33% (1)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)

See all 3 customer reviews...
3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #3,226 in Sports & Outdoors (See Bestsellers in Sports & Outdoors)

Popular in this category: (What's this?)
#14 in Baby > Strollers > Joggers

We also have a rain cover to help protect it during bad weather.

If you are interested in participating in our stroller swap please post at the end of this thread including your name, dates, and resort. The cost is $10 for length of stay until it the stroller and accessories are paid for.

Yea, we have interest!!! Anyone else????

Sept 18-24 parith1114
**OPEN**
Oct 11-17 DebraW76
**OPEN**

I originally saw the royal carriage stroller swap and was really impressed with that one. I think it was In Step??? It also had a lot of good reviews. Try searching under the budget board for royal carriage stroller swap. They also purchased the extended stroller shade and other accessories. My kids are older too, and that one had pictured a 7 year old sitting very comfortably.
I have a 2yr, 5, 6, 8, & 8 year old going with us. My advise would be to read the reviews of people who have older children but keep in mind the babies as some swappers may want something for their 6 month old and a 5 year old.

parith1114 said:
debraW76 said:
I would prefer a double jogging stroller over a sit n stand. I know my kids and when they are tired they want something comfortable. Hope that is ok?

parith1114 said:
Sounds great! I don't really know to much about jogging strollers, but will start looking. Do you have any interest in a sit n stand? I will be happy to buy it when we have at least six people committed. That way I wouldn't lose a lot of money. Keeping my fingers crossed for more interest. :thumbsup2

Nope, no problem at all. My kids are on the older side and I thought it might be hard to find something that will be comfortable, but I'll start doing my research. I'm sure there is something built for taller kids, after all they are well within the 100lb limit set for most strollers. I think they are probably close to 90lbs. combined. I want a parent tray, what features are you looking for?

Sorry - I just looked at the Royal Carriage thread again. It was a 4yr old not a 7 yr old seated in the stroller.

We will be there Oct 23 - Oct 27. Where will the swap be based out of? I could be interested, just depends where I'd have to pick the stroller up.
Thanks!

parith1114 is staying at POP so it will start there. I am staying at FT Wilderness but I will be driving so I can easily take it to any resort or meet the next person most anywhere. We should try to do person to person swaps if possible.

Each swap meeting needs to be arranged between the two persons involved. If a person to person swap isn't feasible then it would make the most sense for the person in possession of the stroller to leave it with at the resort where the next person will be arriving.

But again, this will need to be arranged between the two persons doing the swap as each swap will be handled in what is best for both parties (i.e. arrival and departure times, resorts, who has a car, etc).

Are you in? :thumbsup2

We will be there Oct 23 - Oct 27. Where will the swap be based out of? I could be interested, just depends where I'd have to pick the stroller up.
Thanks!

If we get enough interest I would definatly be interested in this. I am glad someone decided to organize it, as that is something I don't want to do. We will be staying at AK Dec 6 (don't have to have stroller that day) but then moving over to POFQ Dec 7 so I could pick up at either. We will be using Disney transportation, but I could go anywhere on that to pick up or drop off. What is the goal price per person in order to make this a go?
I love the instep stroller! I think it is a GREAT choice, I hope we can get this moving!:cheer2:

We're staying at CBR from Sept 23 - Oct 1st. So depending on when we could pick it up from the previous person on the 24th it might work for us. We will have a van so we can pick it up from another resort.

We're at CRB Sept 12-18! I'm interested!

Sherlynn,
The stroller isn't scheduled to arrive until Sept 23 and parith1114 was going to have it shipped to her house and assembled. If you want we can see about having it shipped to the resort but that would mean you would have to assemble it on your first day of vacation. Please let me know if you are interested.

Parith1114, Have you found a stroller yet? do you think it can be delivered by then? Thanks!

If we get enough interest I would definatly be interested in this. I am glad someone decided to organize it, as that is something I don't want to do. We will be staying at AK Dec 6 (don't have to have stroller that day) but then moving over to POFQ Dec 7 so I could pick up at either. We will be using Disney transportation, but I could go anywhere on that to pick up or drop off. What is the goal price per person in order to make this a go?
I love the instep stroller! I think it is a GREAT choice, I hope we can get this moving!:cheer2:

Got you down! Parith1114 is researching the stroller a bit more. She should have a price to us shortly. We are hoping for 20 swappers to keep the price around $15 per swapper.

We're staying at CBR from Sept 23 - Oct 1st. So depending on when we could pick it up from the previous person on the 24th it might work for us. We will have a van so we can pick it up from another resort.

I'm sorry, but faindrops27 PM d me 2 hours before your post. I will keep you down in case she backs out.

Debra, I am here, and not backing out. This will be great for me!! Thanks for starting this. I actually have a maclaren triumph for my son 6, and a chico for my daughter 4. But, with the stroller swap. I will not have to bring them. Which will be very helpful.

The only thing. I am unsure about is. What do I do with the stroller after. I use it?? :confused3

The only thing. I am unsure about is. What do I do with the stroller after. I use it?? :confused3

You will need to PM the person who has it after you and arrange a meeting time/place. If a face to face meeting is not possible due to schedules then you will need to make arrangements as to where to drop off the stroller for them to pick up. Each swap will be handled in what is best for both parties but most reasonable will be for you to deliver it to the next users resort and leave it with the bell hop with the person's name, ressie number, arrival date, etc.

Right now there is a gap between your dates and mine and i am hoping that someone will use it during that time. If not then it looks like you and I will be making the swap. :thumbsup2

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SIGNED UP TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS STROLLER SWAP: PLEASE ADD A LINK TO THIS THREAD IN YOUR SIGNATURE TO ADVERTISE OUR STROLLER SWAP. WE NEED 20 SWAPPERS TO KEEP THE PRICE AT $15 EACH. THANK YOU!!! :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter