Debra's Revived Double Stroller Swap ***FULL***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interseted in getting in here on this swap for Jan 8-15, 2010, if you have it open.
Thanks

I got a phone call from Nancy this morning. She picked up the stroller from luggage services and also received the spare front wheel that I shipped to her on wednesday. However, she said that it is not the wheel that is bent but rather the axle so I removed the axle from the old stroller and shipped that to her today as well. She should receive it Monday.

I want to remind everyone to please contact me as soon as possible whenever there is a problem with the stroller. I need to know as much as possible about what the problem is. i am 500 miles away from Orlando and the more I know about the problem the quicker I can get the problem resolved. If you have a camera phone you can send me a picture. If I had known that it was the axle that was bent and not the tire then I could have sent Nancy the axle on Wednesday.

Also, please try to do a face to face swap if at all possible. I am not sure if the stroller was damaged in luggage services or by a previous user but doing a face to face will at least eliminate the possibility of luggage services damaging it. Also, please remember that when you get back to provide us an update on the condition of the stroller and any information that the next users may want to know. Also if I knew for a fact that the last user dropped it off at luggage services in good condition it could give me some leverage to perhaps getting the luggage services to help us fix it. But since I do not hear back from anyone after they get back I do not know how it was damaged or what can be done to fix it other than keep buying new parts.

This stroller is used all day nearly every day and will receive more than average wear and tear because of its extensive use. Also, accidents do and will happen (the first user in fact was boarding the bus when the bus driver closed the door on her and the stroller which caused the seat to rip). A quick explanation to everyone involved will send good vibes to everyone. When someone picks up the stroller damaged and we haven't heard from the previous user it just makes me wonder what really happened. Like I said, if it is an accident then just let us know what happened. By us not hearing anything it only makes you look guilty.

I do beleive that this stroller swap is saving lots of dis families money and if we all work together it will work. However everyone needs to take personal responsibility towards this group stroller to ensure that everyone benefits. Just imagine how feeleyfans felt when she picked up a damaged stroller at the start of her vacation? Now imagine how you would feel if you knew in advance that something was wrong with the stroller but that parts were being shipped to your resort to resolve the problem? See what a difference communication makes?

We all live across the US and even some in the UK. We have to communicate to each other these things in order for this to operate smoothly. I am not asking a lot from you. All I ask is that you send me your information (cell phone, resort name, and name ressie is in) before you leave and then an update on the stroller when you return. And some of you still haven't even sent your information to you. Then look back over the last few months and count the number of users who actually posted an update on the stroller? I think the money your family is saving is enough to warrant an update on the stroller when you return.

:thumbsup2 I totally agree!

If you need to replace the wheel/axle so we still have a back-up if a stroller gets lost, stolen ,etc. you might be able to order it from INSTEP...possibly cheap too. The new seats I just ordered from them was 11.99 each plus shipping. the shipping for the three total was 4.60.

If you need $$ to replace the wheel/axle, let me know. I really do like having old #5 as a backup if we need it.

Maddi

:thumbsup2 I totally agree!

If you need to replace the wheel/axle so we still have a back-up if a stroller gets lost, stolen ,etc. you might be able to order it from INSTEP...possibly cheap too. The new seats I just ordered from them was 11.99 each plus shipping. the shipping for the three total was 4.60.

If you need $$ to replace the wheel/axle, let me know. I really do like having old #5 as a backup if we need it.

Maddi

Maddi,
I may take you up on that offer if you have money in reserve. I was at zero when i had to pay to ship both the wheel and the axle. I will send you a PM :goodvibes

i just would like to say thank you so much for all the work involved in making sure we have a working stroller. wow, i could never take on this kind of project, so thank you so much.
i will be going in may and will certainly send an update on its condition!

Anxious to hear if Nancy gets the stroller fixed, I will be picking it up on Saturday. :flower3:

I did hear from Nancy on Saturday afternoon. She said that they opted to take the stroller to the park anyway just to try it. The stroller works but the front wheel is locked in the straight position and will not swivel. Before they left they asked POP maintenance if they had a toolkit or suggestions on how to fix it and they told her no, but to try the stroller rental in the parks. THey went to a park (MK I beleive) and asked their stroller rental people if they could offer some suggestions. He looked at it and said for them to take a disney stroller (on the house) and he would try to fix it for them while they were in the parks.

Don't tell anyone but Nancy said that she would try the same line on the stroller rental dept at the park they were visiting on Sunday and Monday until the part came in and the stroller was repaired.

I will call Nancy this afternoon to confirm if she got the axle I sent her and to see if they were able to fix it. I will keep you posted.

******important*****
the disboard has decided to close down all stroller swaps on friday. Therefore this thread will be closed on friday. For those who have paid and are in line to use the stroller i have sent each of you a pm with my personal email address. I need you to send me all of your information immediately because after friday we will not be able to communicate on the disboards regarding the stroller swap.

I still have not heard from the following people:
mik0724
a82Allison
XJersey Guy
ttrice222

If you know how to contact them please do so and ask them to send me their info.

UPDATE ON THE STROLLER:

Nancy called me today and said she received all the parts and was successful in changing out the axle. The old wheel is good so she is keeping it with the stroller as a back up in case there is a flat etc. Please keep this with the stroller and continue passing it to the next person. She said the stroller is soooo smooth now.

SHe said maintenance wasn't so nice in regards to letting them use a screwdriver which they needed to replace the axle. But kuddos to her and her husband for getting the job done.

SHe did say that the axle could use some grease. Whoever is next if you could please bring some from home to apply to the wheel it may even be smoother.

AFter some researching I think I discovered how the stroller wheel was damaged. I am noting this not to spread gossip but for all to take heed that if we don't take care of the stroller it will break and people who are suppose to use the stroller after you will be affected.

Keep in mind this was a brand new stroller as of Feb 19th. One of the first users exceeded the weight limit with having one big child and one young child in each side of the stroller. Because it wouldn't steer right, she then decided to lock the front wheel in the straight position. I beleive this is what caused the damage to the stroller.

Keep in mind the total weight limit of the stroller is 75 lbs per child. Please respect the recommended weight limit. Also please be courteous and if there is a problem with the stroller contact me as soon as possible. I have sent everyone my information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter