DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning

raw

Dude. Mornings are no joke in Canada.

Morning all. It is a cold day here, and I'm driving to campus again all week. Just hope it doesn't snow.

Watched Mary Poppins on ABC last night. Paid particular attention to the opening credits and all the Disney Legends that had a part in making the movie. The apex of creative talent under Walt Disney. Shame he would be gone about two years later.

It was a good movie. I always forget about that one.

Evening chaps from a festive London. Got my Griswald groove on, and done the outside of the house. Watched my West Ham earn a point against Liverpool.
Tree up, Disney Park Railroad installed below it, now awaiting the Seahawks and the Packers, and I'll tape the Cowboys/Giants.
Have a good Sunday all.

Cowboys laid an egg in the bad weather. Too bad I missed your West Ham win.

Just picked up my new winter beer cooler for the deck.

View attachment 209941

You'll need a good security system to keep those safe from straggling drinkers. :lmao:

It was a good movie. I always forget about that one.

Don't get me started on the DvD accent.....but it's a reason why everyone on the Disboards should support West Ham. We have 2 chants that are to Disney Tunes, one of which is Chim Chimney. The other one is our main chant (Bubbles) sung to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I let you look em up on your tube, as I'd get slung off for the language on one of them.

Darcy, if we ever make it to DDC, we are NEVER sharing a room. Actually make that a resort.

12510357_1007444805989403_2992925233858725818_n-jpg.209941
I take it all back, roomie....

Cowboys laid an egg in the bad weather. Too bad I missed your West Ham win.
Why is Cowboys/Giants a grudge game?

Have a great evening all. London out.

Dude. Mornings are no joke in Canada.

Neither would Darcy's Missing Persons Report be if he tried this crap on me.

Don't get me started on the DvD accent.....but it's a reason why everyone on the Disboards should support West Ham. We have 2 chants that are to Disney Tunes, one of which is Chim Chimney. The other one is our main chant (Bubbles) sung to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I let you look em up on your tube, as I'd get slung off for the language on one of them.
?

Always fun to learn British soccer trivia.

Good morning from lovely Newfoundland. Beautiful day today. Our first real storm of the season, 25-30cm are expected (that's around 12 inches for you gents south of the border). On the bright side, schools are closed and there's no work to get to, so I'm relaxing in my PJ's watching everyone else dig out their cars. I'll be cooking up a feed of pancakes shortly once the girls have enjoyed their snow day lie in. Got our "storm chips" yesterday, so we'll be putting on a Christmas movie later and relaxing (before I eventually have to go out and tackle the driveway, of course).

IMG_1836.JPG

Had a nice weekend, once my youngest got over her fever. Went to DD16's Christmas voice recital on Sunday. My in-laws came in for it so then we all went out for supper after. Came back to decorate the tree, since it was the first time in a week all four of us were in the house with nothing else going on (have we mentioned what a busy time of year it is?) A good day spent with family.

Good morning from lovely Newfoundland. Beautiful day today. Our first real storm of the season, 25-30cm are expected (that's around 12 inches for you gents south of the border). On the bright side, schools are closed and there's no work to get to, so I'm relaxing in my PJ's watching everyone else dig out their cars. I'll be cooking up a feed of pancakes shortly once the girls have enjoyed their snow day lie in. Got our "storm chips" yesterday, so we'll be putting on a Christmas movie later and relaxing (before I eventually have to go out and tackle the driveway, of course).

View attachment 210034

Had a nice weekend, once my youngest got over her fever. Went to DD16's Christmas voice recital on Sunday. My in-laws came in for it so then we all went out for supper after. Came back to decorate the tree, since it was the first time in a week all four of us were in the house with nothing else going on (have we mentioned what a busy time of year it is?) A good day spent with family.

We had about 15 cm yesterday but school's were still open in our area, some parts of the Province we closed though. Going to get our tree this weekend and get it put up.

Enjoy the snow day.

img_1836-jpg.210034

I used to look forward to snow days. With the new job, I have to go into the office and work till the storm's done and the roads are clear. So, keep that stuff up there, will ya?

Morning folks. Off to Vegas in about 3 hours. Woot!

View attachment 209941

:laughing:

You'll need a good security system to keep those safe from straggling drinkers. :lmao:

Bears...

25-30cm are expected (that's around 12 inches for you gents south of the border). On the bright side, schools are closed

Really schools closed for only 30cm? Huh.
We had out of town busses canceled but nothing in town.

Both kids are now home which means calm, quiet and reduced food bills have all expired - wouldn't have it any other way. Two weeks from today we will be at DaWorld and can't wait.
Thanks. She finished 7th in the 500 free, so she made the podium (top 8) and cut another second off. Her first individual top 8 final. I am proud if her.
Congrats to DD and to you for sitting through all that.
You should be rightly proud of her. It was a good game that had its moments. Vern had a nice good bye to the viewers and I join many that say they are going to miss his calling games.
Completely agree. Vern's voice is synonymous with college football.
My youngest has spent the weekend in bed with a fever and bad cough. It's that time of year. At least if they're sick now, they should be over it by Christmas day. About ten years ago my oldest spent Christmas eve holding a bucket and being miserable, didn't even come down to open presents until the afternoon. That was not fun.

Enjoy it while you can. My oldest (DD16) is barely home anymore between school, part-time job, and friends. It's not easy letting go. I dropped her off last night at a party. Scares me to think what goes on at these things. Part of me wants to lock her in the basement, but they have to grow up, so what can you do...
Sorry about DD and hope she's better now. DD wedding is less than 6 months away now ............. :eek:
Evening chaps from a festive London. Got my Griswald groove on, and done the outside of the house. Watched my West Ham earn a point against Liverpool.
Tree up, Disney Park Railroad installed below it, now awaiting the Seahawks and the Packers, and I'll tape the Cowboys/Giants.
Have a good Sunday all.
How about some pics?
That's great!
View attachment 209941

View attachment 210034

Sounds like a great few days there, keep enjoying and sharing the good stories.
Safe travels and win back some of my past donations will ya?

Happy Tuesday. Last month just seemed to fly by, since I was home and didn't have anything to do. Being on campus these past two days feels like time has stopped. Thursday will be my last day until January. It can't get here fast enough.

That looks brutal. Keep all that up north.

I used to look forward to snow days. With the new job, I have to go into the office and work till the storm's done and the roads are clear. So, keep that stuff up there, will ya?

Promotions seem to come with a downfall. At least you have that super great manager salary.

Not too late to take me with you.

Both kids are now home which means calm, quiet and reduced food bills have all expired - wouldn't have it any other way. Two weeks from today we will be at DaWorld and can't wait.

Sorry about DD and hope she's better now. DD wedding is less than 6 months away now ............. :eek:
?

Temporary high food prices don't compare to dd's wedding. Good luck on surviving both. :lmao:

Happy Tuesday. Last month just seemed to fly by, since I was home and didn't have anything to do. Being on campus these past two days feels like time has stopped. Thursday will be my last day until January. It can't get here fast enough.

That looks brutal. Keep all that up north.

Promotions seem to come with a downfall. At least you have that super great manager salary.

Not too late to take me with you.

?

Temporary high food prices don't compare to dd's wedding. Good luck on surviving both. :lmao:

Now that is one of the pluses for not living in Florida.

Good morning from lovely Newfoundland.

Looks beautiful. As a transplanted Yankee, the only time I miss cold and snow is over the holidays.

Sounds like a winning weekend. Glad your youngest shook off the fever.

Good luck. We are all counting on you to break the bank and buy the new clubhouse at Golden Oaks.

Mine just finished her finals but is now out on a research boat in the Caribbean. Have a blast in the World. I'm still trying to figure out if I am going to make it to the convention.

DD wedding is less than 6 months away now ............. :eek:

Wow, good luck with that.

The good news: I've thus-far seceded in not catching the head cold that's been going around my house.
The bad news: Instead I picked up some kind of stomach virus (either that or food poisoning).
Lovely...

Well at least the my employer has bee understanding about it.
I get to work anyway, just from home and they've only called me twice so far to complain about things not getting done fast enough.

:thumbsup2

How about some pics?

The disney railroad

cid:AEC03856-5DA7-4AE2-8FC5-866E3CF6F3B8@home

Bought one of those laser projectors (tough to get on camera)

cid:0FF51661-E613-41DB-A62F-DE27B79999CA@home

The Grinch and Max I made nicking my lights

cid:54AB4548-C443-43FE-A94A-A11AE843D473@home

Good luck with that....

Got our "storm chips" yesterday
Cheetos?
Enjoy your snow day/week buddy

EDIT - The photos haven't appeared to upload, sorry chaps
Have a good Tuesday evening all, and best of luck pkondz in Vegas.

You ever have one of those days where all idiots show up to the front of the line? Yeah, it was a bad day. :furious:

Mine just finished her finals but is now out on a research boat in the Caribbean. Have a blast in the World. I'm still trying to figure out if I am going to make it to the convention.

On a boat in the Carribean? Now that sounds like a great way to celebrate, well... anything.

The good news: I've thus-far seceded in not catching the head cold that's been going around my house.
The bad news: Instead I picked up some kind of stomach virus (either that or food poisoning).
Lovely...

Sorry to hear about the stomach virus. Hope you get over it soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter