DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads!
December 13. Vegas.
Nice - Enjoy
Even if they don't twinkle.
Well played Sir!
0727d80a7fbbc080ad62b13cdc28ee95.jpg

So Thursday is TBT but I'm only throwing back a week or so. I'm invoking the proud dad clause and sharing some pictures of DS that I came across last night. They were taken by a local photographer during a game against the cross-town rival. Two of the pics are him doing what he does best, controlling the boards and blocking shots; the other is from something he would never do in the past and that is to take a shot from the outside.
Thanks for sharing. So he's a lefty and blocks shots - a bit of Bill Russel type of player? Notices the orange shoes and doesn't look like there is any orange in the team colors?

Thanks for sharing. So he's a lefty and blocks shots - a bit of Bill Russel type of player? Notices the orange shoes and doesn't look like there is any orange in the team colors?

Probably averages 7/8 blocks per game. He has blue and white shoes which are the school colours but says they are getting worn a bit on the inside so he prefers the orange pair he has. We picked those up in Maine over the summer at a Nike outlet. Much cheaper than paying the full retail up here.

Happy Thursday. It is too cold here, down to 18 degrees tonight. I'm ready to move south and stay warm. I have all the Christmas shopping done, so now just plan to stay inside and enjoy the days. I have to go to campus next week, and should be done by Thursday.

Another great quote from the best Christmas movie. Only watched it one time so far this year.

So Thursday is TBT but I'm only throwing back a week or so. I'm invoking the proud dad clause and sharing some pictures of DS that I came across last night. They were taken by a local photographer during a game against the cross-town rival. Two of the pics are him doing what he does best, controlling the boards and blocking shots; the other is from something he would never do in the past and that is to take a shot from the outside.
]

Good pictures. Proud dad.

Saw that about Glenn.... shame.

Morning Gents,

things are starting to wind down at work for the Christmas break. Few meetings left to go but nothing pressing so there is time to catch up on some on-going projects.

Nice pictures from Pearl Harbour Cj, thanks for sharing. I would love to visit there someday.

View attachment 209397 View attachment 209398 View attachment 209399

Nice shots of the boy. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Friday. It is starting to snow and the high today is 31 degrees. My pear tree still hasn't dropped all its leaves, and I don't want to be outside any longer than I have to.

Made it into my 6 month window for WDW. Time to start thinking about ADRs.

‘Morning all…
We got through the first performance of this year’s Church Cantata last night.
Didn’t miss too many notes so I’m good with the showing. Once more for the congregation Sunday and then the choir director will go back to ignoring me for a while.
Suites me; far less work for the same compensation.

When is the young man coming home for Christmas? We got the boy coming back tomorrow and the girl will be back late Monday.
Not for another week.
They shifted the semesters a bit this year. Classes start later in August then before and they cut the length of the wither break down from what it had been as well. Last classes of the semester are today and exams start next week.

Glad your kids are back home with you.
Even more so that they still want to come home.
May that ever be so.

Thanks. It is for the Director of Religious Education at our local church. One of the dds is still in the program, and they are both in youth group. So, I already volunteer for a bunch of it, and it would be nice to be paid. There is some other coordination and teaching that would go along with it. And, it is a job I can do now and transition into after retirement.
I hope you are offered the spot.
I believe you’d be as good for the position as the position would be good for you.

And don't worry. As a reminder, we are Catholic, so I can still drink with the window blinds open. :lmao:
As a practicing member of the denomination: forsaken…
I’ll be the last to be passing judgment on anyone else’s habits of consumption.
Cheers and have an extra shot for me sir.

Proud Dading is accepted and encouraged.
Some nice shots there; on both the part of the recorder and the subject.

I have all the Christmas shopping done, so now just plan to stay inside and enjoy the days.
You’re way ahead of me.
I havn’t gotten a single thing purchased yet.
Heck, we’ere still trying to get the house decorated and straightened out.
I’d just assume skip December, in all honesty.

We lost an American hero,
Yes we did.
As honorable a man as he was inspiring.

Good lord, don’t do that!

At least not until after I’ve had my coffee…

Just as much fun as presents at Christmas time.
Enjoy the process.

Last edited:
Happy Friday. It is starting to snow and the high today is 31 degrees. My pear tree still hasn't dropped all its leaves, and I don't want to be outside any longer than I have to.

You have an actual pear tree??? I've never even seen one. If you tell me you have partridges in it..... <mind blown>

Didn’t miss too many notes so I’m good with the showing. Once more for the congregation Sunday and then the choir director will go back to ignoring me for a while.

You get paid to perform at the Church?

Morning dads, just enjoying my fisrt couple days home.

Welcome back!

December 13. Vegas.

Vegas Baby! Is this a regular destination or a rare trip. Some friends of mine go there all the time, one of these days I should join them.

Well enjoy that mate. Is it still humid this time of year?

Still can be humid. It kind of broke last night with a cold front trying to come through. Humidity is way down and it would be nice except for the rain. Supposed to be a nice weekend.

Well played Sir!
0727d80a7fbbc080ad62b13cdc28ee95.jpg

Seconding the well played. Haven't seen the movie yet this year. Haven't really watched any Christmas movies this year. I need to work on that.

Nice action shots.

My eyes! It burns us.

Could be worse things than bundling up and making plans for Disney. Enjoy the planning.

Not for another week.
They shifted the semesters a bit this year. Classes start later in August then before and they cut the length of the wither break down from what it had been as well. Last classes of the semester are today and exams start next week.

Mine is in Finals hell right now. Last paper is due Monday and then she starts her break. Don't expect to see her much afterward though as she will be playing with HS friends and her new Marine biology friends.

A bit late checking in today. Oh and hey, who left the door at the Canadian / U.S. border open? DS made it home safe yesterday and DD had a trip to the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta as part of her nursing program. Bomb sniffing dogs, opened the hood of her vehicle and full airport type security before getting into the place. Sad that we have to live like that these days. Well, the end of the week so have a good weekend. No college football and cold temps may lead to a Saturday on the couch with video games for me & DD as all my Christmas shopping is done.
Get on it man, and enjoy planning it out especially since park and event hours won't get set and confirmed until a few weeks before you get there >:(
‘Morning all…

Not for another week.

Glad your kids are back home with you.
Even more so that they still want to come home.
May that ever be so.
Thanks and same to everyone that as the kids get older and on their own they keep coming back home every now and then. Safe travels to the young man and good luck with the chorus on Sunday.

That's it. I'm calling it. Week over. Everyone out. I'm in the bar.

Of course not...
Only the pianists get paid.
Well, them and two of the other musicians they brought in.
Oh, and the two soloists...
But other than that, no one does.

Oh of course. Makes perfect sense.

Vegas Baby! Is this a regular destination or a rare trip. Some friends of mine go there all the time, one of these days I should join them.

Semi rare? We went about 6 years ago. Only our second time there.

Enjoy you're alcohol soaked evening!

I hope you are offered the spot.
I believe you’d be as good for the position as the position would be good for you.

As a practicing member of the denomination: forsaken…
I’ll be the last to be passing judgment on anyone else’s habits of consumption.
Cheers and have an extra shot for me sir.

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I should have used you as a reference. :lmao:

I think my two strikes are not having the right degree and not being available 100% of the time for office hours. I made the argument that most people work during the day and are in need of religious education in the evenings and weekends, like all the programs currently are set. And, I offered to test my knowledge vs a degree. I am in by no means perfect, but I try to practice what I believe.

You have an actual pear tree??? I've never even seen one. If you tell me you have partridges in it..... <mind blown>
?

Yeah, sometime of pear tree, about 16 years old. Doesn't grow any pears, but blossoms every spring. I posted a picture of it somewhere years ago. I'll try to get one again this spring and post it again.

Could be worse things than bundling up and making plans for Disney. Enjoy the planning.

Will do. Although, I can mostly do these from memory now. Still need to try some new places though.

Good luck to your daughter on finals.

A bit late checking in today. Oh and hey, who left the door at the Canadian / U.S. border open? DS made it home safe yesterday and DD had a trip to the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta as part of her nursing program. Bomb sniffing dogs, opened the hood of her vehicle and full airport type security before getting into the place. Sad that we have to live like that these days. Well, the end of the week so have a good weekend. No college football and cold temps may lead to a Saturday on the couch with video games for me & DD as all my Christmas shopping is done.

Get on it man, and enjoy planning it out especially since park and event hours won't get set and confirmed until a few weeks before you get there >:(

It is said that we live in a world like this, but glad we have the security that we do.

I like having the 180 days for ADRs, especially when having to make those hard to get ones like CRT. But, we don't do many of those difficult ones anymore, so it isn't absolutely necessary.

Still don't get the time change, but yeah, let's start drinking. I picked up youngest dd from school since she was sick and took her to the doctor. Now is a great time to start drinking.

Join you shortly.

Still don't get the time change, but yeah, let's start drinking
Nice to see everyone's in the party spirit.......Now at home with Curry and a cocktail
I picked up youngest dd from school since she was sick and took her to the doctor.
Hope she's OK mate, all the best to dd
I like having the 180 days for ADRs
I prefer the ADRs to the fast passes, as it starts to form our plan for the parks. Enjoy.
Proud Dading is accepted and encouraged.
Some nice shots there; on both the part of the recorder and the subject.
^^This, Darcy. He looks like he can handle himself on the boards
Shall I start doing this very morning? Nice cheeky wake up at 1AM, as I'm going to work? Happy to oblige boys.
Once more for the congregation Sunday
Break a leg, Rob, demand the largest dressing room and only cold champagne as a rider. Especially if you are doing it gratis.
Yes we did.
As honorable a man as he was inspiring.
I don't know what it is about astronauts, they all seem to have a complete lack of ego. I watched the documentary on Eugene Cernan on the way to FLA last time we went. Check it out if you haven't seen it, it's great. It's called Last Man on the Moon or something like that.

I think I'm caught up, have a fabulous friday chaps from the old country. Christmas decs this weekend, where our house becomes just a little bit more American.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Don't expect to see her much afterward though as she will be playing with HS friends and her new Marine biology friends.
I dread this time and my one is only 3.
Enjoy you're alcohol soaked evening!
My mum came round last night, and she can drink for England. This is all hair of the dog mate.
Semi rare? We went about 6 years ago. Only our second time there.
Is it a cheeky one pkondz, or a Xmas thing?
Supposed to be a nice weekend.
Enjoy the weekend then mate, is college football over till Jan? Can't see any on my planner?

Right, now I'm definitely caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter