DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

What is the longest day of the year? Yup! Back at a swim meet. :headache:

It is a 7 teams, so I'm here for another two hours at least. At least I enjoyed tennis this AM.

It is a 7 teams, so I'm here for another two hours at least. At least I enjoyed tennis this AM.

Don't worry. The time will fly by.

Wait. No. I was thinking of something else. Nevermind.

Don't worry. The time will fly by.

Wait. No. I was thinking of something else. Nevermind.

Wait, it is 11 schools. :furious:

She was in #2 heat for 100 fly and managed to win that one and cut 3 seconds. She's in #1 heat for 500 free. So, she should make top 8 there.

Having college football withdrawal but am enjoying the Army Navy game. Ugly day today, overcast and drizzling since this morning. Could be worse, I could be at a swim meet.

She was in #2 heat for 100 fly and managed to win that one and cut 3 seconds. She's in #1 heat for 500 free. So, she should make top 8 there.

That kind of makes it worthwhile to be at a swim meet. Congrats to your DD and good luck in the finals.

Still playing tennis outdoors?

Congrats to you DS!

Having college football withdrawal but am enjoying the Army Navy game. Ugly day today, overcast and drizzling since this morning. Could be worse, I could be at a swim meet.

That kind of makes it worthwhile to be at a swim meet. Congrats to your DD and good luck in the finals.

Thanks. She finished 7th in the 500 free, so she made the podium (top 8) and cut another second off. Her first individual top 8 final. I am proud if her.

I caught the last few minutes of the Army Navy Game, and wish I could have watched the whole game.

Still playing tennis outdoors?

Congrats to you DS!

Tennis indoor. It's too cold to play outdoors in the 50s, much less below freezing.

I'll congratulate dd. If I have a DS out there, then it's news to me.

Thanks. She finished 7th in the 500 free, so she made the podium (top 8) and cut another second off. Her first individual top 8 final. I am proud if her.

I caught the last few minutes of the Army Navy Game, and wish I could have watched the whole game.

Tennis indoor. It's too cold to play outdoors in the 50s, much less below freezing.

I'll congratulate dd. If I have a DS out there, then it's news to me.

LOL, sorry about that.

You should be rightly proud of her. It was a good game that had its moments. Vern had a nice good bye to the viewers and I join many that say they are going to miss his calling games.

Anyone have this on their list?
306085b2-a787-4f24-b1fb-1e0483f85f2f.jpg

Happy Friday. It is starting to snow and the high today is 31 degrees.
Sounds like you're getting about the same weather as here. It's actually been a beautiful weekend, sunny and bright with temps right around freezing (which is not too bad up here for this time of year)

Made it into my 6 month window for WDW. Time to start thinking about ADRs.
Always a fun time. And less stressful now that you don't do the really hard ones anymore.

Haven't seen the movie yet this year. Haven't really watched any Christmas movies this year. I need to work on that.
Ditto for me. Been too busy with the Christmas concerts, decorating, and shopping so far.

I picked up youngest dd from school since she was sick and took her to the doctor.
My youngest has spent the weekend in bed with a fever and bad cough. It's that time of year. At least if they're sick now, they should be over it by Christmas day. About ten years ago my oldest spent Christmas eve holding a bucket and being miserable, didn't even come down to open presents until the afternoon. That was not fun.

I dread this time and my one is only 3.
Enjoy it while you can. My oldest (DD16) is barely home anymore between school, part-time job, and friends. It's not easy letting go. I dropped her off last night at a party. Scares me to think what goes on at these things. Part of me wants to lock her in the basement, but they have to grow up, so what can you do...

What is the longest day of the year? Yup! Back at a swim meet.
Long day for sure, but at least she's doing well. Makes it worth it.

No, but is it wrong that I want it to be on my list, even just as a bad Dad joke?

Happy Sunday. The last day of religious education for the month and the first of many Christmas parties - swim team at 4 and youth group at 6:30. $10 gifts aren't bad, but add up after awhile.

You should be rightly proud of her. It was a good game that had its moments. Vern had a nice good bye to the viewers and I join many that say they are going to miss his calling games.

Definitely so.

And if you could wear that to work as well.

Enjoy it while you can. My oldest (DD16) is barely home anymore between school, part-time job, and friends. It's not easy letting go. I dropped her off last night at a party. Scares me to think what goes on at these things. Part of me wants to lock her in the basement, but they have to grow up, so what can you do...
?

Mine will be 16 next January. She doesn't have much free time with swim practice, even less if she adds in a job. I had to give up tennis in HS to work. So, I've got mixed thoughts on it - I know she isn't good enough to make the Olympics. But, if she can compete in HS and/or college and develop a future career out of it, then it may be worth it. Developing a work habit and earning $ is a valuable lesson to teach as well.

Morning

]

I'm not enjoying your media morning pranks.

Watched Mary Poppins on ABC last night. Paid particular attention to the opening credits and all the Disney Legends that had a part in making the movie. The apex of creative talent under Walt Disney. Shame he would be gone about two years later.

Someone would die if they did that to me. A slow painful death.

Evening chaps from a festive London. Got my Griswald groove on, and done the outside of the house. Watched my West Ham earn a point against Liverpool.
Tree up, Disney Park Railroad installed below it, now awaiting the Seahawks and the Packers, and I'll tape the Cowboys/Giants.
Have a good Sunday all.

Evening chaps from a festive London. Got my Griswald groove on, and done the outside of the house. Watched my West Ham earn a point against Liverpool.
Tree up, Disney Park Railroad installed below it, now awaiting the Seahawks and the Packers, and I'll tape the Cowboys/Giants.
Have a good Sunday all.

No pictures?

Watched Mary Poppins on ABC last night. Paid particular attention to the opening credits and all the Disney Legends that had a part in making the movie. The apex of creative talent under Walt Disney. Shame he would be gone about two years later.

Someone would die if they did that to me. A slow painful death.

Well, there goes that plan...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter