DDC XXXII: A Dole Whip in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Gents! Happy Memorial Weekend to all and enjoy the grilling and bourbon. Oh yah, GO HAWKS!

Also to those that have served this great country, thank you!

Good morning from Warsaw!!

Very long day yesterday, but so worth it. The kids are ours. The official paper won't be done until 6/6, but we have the judges decision. Have to tell the new kids that I'm leaving on Sunday :(

The good news is we are closer to startling our new normal. So thankful we have friends we can stay with. I had real coffee today and not the Nescafé crap :)
Fantasmic! Very happy for you and your new family additions. Safe travels and all the best to DW traveling back solo with the kids :scared:
They have the live stream from Main Street up and running again for the 24 hour Rock Your Disney Side. Just realized I am 8 days away from the World. Whoo Hooo!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-disney-side-party-inside-magic-kingdom-park/
Enjoy CJ, where ya staying again?

That's awesome David... Congratulations!!! Now... does this mean your wife is going to have to return to the US alone with 6 kids???? :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1: If so, thoughts and prayers for her. :rotfl2: :lmao:

No, I enjoy being married. DW's sister flies over next week and will fly home with her so she has help with the kids.

We are staying with friends here in Warsaw, so even when I leave she will not be by herself

‘Morning all…
Seems like the vast majority of folks down this way took today off work.
Still trying to figure out just why I didn’t make that same decision.

Yes, we see the smart ones.

Good Morning Gents! Happy Memorial Weekend to all and enjoy the grilling and bourbon.
?

Will do. Same to you.

They have the live stream from Main Street up and running again for the 24 hour Rock Your Disney Side. Just realized I am 8 days away from the World. Whoo Hooo!
]

Thought about making the trip down. Maybe one year.

Morning Paul.

Have you been speaking with Jim about joining us at the Red Sox game on July 2nd? I think he said he wouldn't be able to make it but I'm not sure.

He mentioned it to me in here, but we haven't talked about it since. That would be a blast!

Very long day yesterday, but so worth it. The kids are ours. The official paper won't be done until 6/6, but we have the judges decision. Have to tell the new kids that I'm leaving on Sunday :(

The good news is we are closer to startling our new normal. So thankful we have friends we can stay with. I had real coffee today and not the Nescafé crap :)

Congrats Ducks!

1 more, and you have your own baseball team.

Hey guys. I have to be up at the but crack of dawn tomorrow. To catch my flight.... I just wish I would have realized that the base was an hour away from the airport before booking my flight. Won't ever make that mistake again.

Only way to get over the Disney Blues is to plan another trip.

That sounds good in theory but until my job is 100% secure (grant it less than 1% I feel pretty secure) we still have to hold out on actual disney. My parents are planning a disney cruise but at the last minute that could change to royal..... So I will cautiously mentally prepare for that one.

Dancing rodents for all of you...

Thanks for the wishes gentlemen. I like my job, it is just all the administrative Beverly that gets really old. Budget cuts, more reporting, etc. I spend more time justifying and reporting on what I do than actually doing stuff. Now, I've got one person that has been working for me for a month with no way to cover the expenses being incurred because State government can't simply change 3 sentences in a grant contract. :sad2:

On a better note...

I'm going off line for the holiday so on behalf of my family and I, to all who have served or are currently serving...Thank You for your Service!

Thanks for the wishes gentlemen. I like my job, it is just all the administrative Beverly that gets really old. Budget cuts, more reporting, etc. I spend more time justifying and reporting on what I do than actually doing stuff. Now, I've got one person that has been working for me for a month with no way to cover the expenses being incurred because State government can't simply change 3 sentences in a grant contract. !

The only thing worse than government bureaucracy is State University Bureacracry but worse is state government contracting with State University. I had a phone conference call this week with 8 bosses.

That sounds good in theory but until my job is 100% secure (grant it less than 1% I feel pretty secure) we still have to hold out on actual disney. My parents are planning a disney cruise but at the last minute that could change to royal..... So I will cautiously mentally prepare for that one.

With DVC, I usually have one or two trips booked and planning at a time. But, instead of booking, you can just plan it. How many days? Which parks? Park order/hopper? ADRs? Which resort? All the fun of planning helps me get by, especially with a meeting with 8 bosses. :crazy2:

Who would have thunk it? I exercised today. A friend said he was trying to get a tennis team together (over 40) and needed some, er um, back up players. Instead of couch to 5K, I went from couch to 2 hours of doubles. We rotated teams to rate each other, so not really playing the match. But, we did keep score and I played better than I thought a fat, over 40, terribly out of shape me would play. I wasn't even the worse one out there. And, at this point in my life, that is an accomplishment. I did soak my arm in an ice bath and took four ibuprofen.

At first I thought, what about Team Sparrow and my unconditional support from the couch. But, I later thought, if I'm hanging out with 9 other guys, that's more opportunity to drink beer. Aye! Take all you can, leave none behind.

Boardwalk. We would be leaving tomorrow for a cruise but I canceled that when the kid got her internship.

Instead of canceling, you could have invited me... Just saying... :confused3

Hopefully one or both of you can make it.

Me too!

This is good news, but there is a concern; They said there will be the option to spike it with rum, but didn't mention anything about adding bacon to it...

Morning Guys.

Hope you are all getting a great start to your long holiday weekend. For us, we have the final basketball tournament of the weekend, the U13 provincial championship. After this DS will be down to just 1 sport for a few months. :cool1:

Good morning and happy long weekend guys!
Who would have thunk it? I exercised today. A friend said he was trying to get a tennis team together (over 40) and needed some, er um, back up players. Instead of couch to 5K, I went from couch to 2 hours of doubles. We rotated teams to rate each other, so not really playing the match. But, we did keep score and I played better than I thought a fat, over 40, terribly out of shape me would play. I wasn't even the worse one out there. And, at this point in my life, that is an accomplishment. I did soak my arm in an ice bath and took four ibuprofen. At first I thought, what about Team Sparrow and my unconditional support from the couch. But, I later thought, if I'm hanging out with 9 other guys, that's more opportunity to drink beer. Aye! Take all you can, leave none behind.
Well done! And and enjoy the cold ones
Good Morning Men, you too Don! Dole Whips in Animal Kingdom!
That is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter