Dancing around the world~One pole at a time~~~Return of the prodigal trip reporter...

Do you think our kids . grankids might draw this

whenigrowup_funny.jpg

Rosie you are too funny!:lmao:

Happy Birthday to Bailee! How old is she now?

rosie...the only problem with that pic is we weren't paid!:lmao:

So...life....it keeps getting in my way! Yesterday was Bailie's 15th birthday. Dear Lord...how did I get old enough for that? oh wait I also have a 17 yr old!:scared1:

Tomorrow I'm hosting a sleep over with at least 12 of Bailie's closest friends....pray for me!:rotfl:

I can't believe how long it's been since I updated! I swear it sems like just a week ago. Or maybe it's my way of dragging this out as long as humanly possible? ;)

Seriously, I have missed all my dis buddies! Between my foot surgery and my kids summer schedules out summer flew by in record time. As I spent 4 hours shuttling kids after school today....and I still have another run to do...I realized I need another month of summer.

So, here's part of what took up my time. Bailie and I met up with my Mom, sister Dani and her 2 little ones Kaylie and Jaden, in Portland for a week of fun! We spent a few days in Newport, Oregon..

trying to get a picture of us with the ocean...
Newportjuly20102009-10-09002.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-09003.jpg

obviously it wasn't working

NewportPortlandjuly102009-10-11029.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-10091.jpg

bailie & kaylie
Newportjuly20102009-10-10079.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-10071.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-10067.jpg

I don't know what I was doing..

Newportjuly20102009-10-10056.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-10014.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-09013.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-09033.jpg

Newportjuly20102009-10-09043.jpg

we went to the famous VooDoo donuts in portland..
NewportPortlandjuly102009-10-13002.jpg

yes, that's 1 donut

NewportPortlandjuly102009-10-13006.jpg

NewportPortlandjuly102009-10-13014.jpg

I just love this little guy

2009-11-13012.jpg

In august we made a trip to Utah to visit family and on the way home we headed for Yellowstone with a little stop in Idaho Falls, Idaho. My grandparents lived there and I used to spend alot of time vising them. I had been back since their funerals so we stopped by

2009-11-14002.jpg

Next we stopped by "the falls"
2009-11-14015-Copy.jpg

2009-11-14016-Copy.jpg

2009-11-14036.jpg

2009-11-14046.jpg

pole dancing anyone?

2009-11-14062.jpg

2009-11-14069.jpg

2009-11-14083.jpg

continued in next post

Yellowstone is beautiful! It had been about 20 years since I had been there...I forgot or was too young before, to appreciate it. It was fun to come across buffalo and deer along the roads.
2009-11-14122.jpg

2009-11-14128.jpg

2009-11-14133.jpg

2009-11-14142.jpg

Hopefully...cross your fingers....I'll have a real update later tonight!

I am so happy to be seeing you posting again!! I love seeing pictures of your family. You are making such wonderful memories with them.

Woo hoo! A winkers update!

The pictures by the falls are great!

Marlene had a birthmark on her forehead like your baby nephew's. It faded, but sometimes we can still see it if we make her mad enough. :rotfl2:

Loved the pix Cherie !!! Looks like you had a great family vacation!! The girls also turned 15 in August!!!:scared1:Started High School this week !!Have their first Cheerleading Comp tomorrow !! Soo it's been a busy week !!!Next week is looking better so far !! Do you realise that in 35 days I will be in Disney !!!:banana::banana::banana:Can't wait !!!!!

Gorgeous photos from your summer, Cherie!!! Your kids are all looking so much older these days! I had to laugh at some of Bailee's pictures -- she is such a hoot in some of her poses. Wonder where she gets that from? :rolleyes1:laughing:

"What I did on my Summer Vacation" by Winkers :rotfl2: Thanks for sharing - you got some gorgeous pics! Sorry we didn't connect - call me next time!

It's so great to have you back, and I'm glad your foot is better!:hug:

I love it!

And is it my imagination or did you appear far more, uh, into, that pole than any previous pictures?

:rotfl:

We missed you!

And get it, totally, just happy to "see" you. Besides. I believe we have a fall meet to set up once Liesa returns!

Y'all look like you had a lot of fun on your trips. :goodvibes

I'm glad your back and doing well since your foot surgery. Hope to see a TR post soon. :)

Welcome back!

What wonderful vacation photos. Bailee has grown up even more. 15, boy that's scary. :scared1: I hope y'all have a great time tonight. When we did the girls birthday party this summer it wore me out. Too many girls! You're very brave. Are the guys hanging around, or they making scarce?

Great update and glad to have you back. I have seen VooDoo Doughnuts on T.V. It looks like a wild place and the pictures looked yummy. The kids are growing like weeds.

Nice to hear from you. What beautiful pictures of you and your family. Looks like you had a great summer. But I know what you mean, I can't believe its over, either.

I am so happy to be seeing you posting again!! I love seeing pictures of your family. You are making such wonderful memories with them.
Hi Tracy! Hopefully my kids remember our trips as good times and not just a fight on 4 wheels.;)

Woo hoo! A winkers update!

The pictures by the falls are great!

Marlene had a birthmark on her forehead like your baby nephew's. It faded, but sometimes we can still see it if we make her mad enough. :rotfl2:
Glenn! My sister will be glad the hear that it fades...the Dr told her that but she's worried. I told her if it doesn't he can always wear make-up..:laughing:

Loved the pix Cherie !!! Looks like you had a great family vacation!! The girls also turned 15 in August!!!:scared1:Started High School this week !!Have their first Cheerleading Comp tomorrow !! Soo it's been a busy week !!!Next week is looking better so far !! Do you realise that in 35 days I will be in Disney !!!:banana::banana::banana:Can't wait !!!!!
I can't believe your trip is that close...or that you're responsible for others..:rotfl:

Gorgeous photos from your summer, Cherie!!! Your kids are all looking so much older these days! I had to laugh at some of Bailee's pictures -- she is such a hoot in some of her poses. Wonder where she gets that from? :rolleyes1:laughing:
Jackie....I have no idea where she gets it from!;) That girl loves to have her picture taken!

"What I did on my Summer Vacation" by Winkers :rotfl2: Thanks for sharing - you got some gorgeous pics! Sorry we didn't connect - call me next time!

It's so great to have you back, and I'm glad your foot is better!:hug:
I'm sure I'll be back down there next summer/spring, so hopefully we can meet up!

I love it!

And is it my imagination or did you appear far more, uh, into, that pole than any previous pictures?

:rotfl:

We missed you!

And get it, totally, just happy to "see" you. Besides. I believe we have a fall meet to set up once Liesa returns!
I really missed that pole....that's why I was so "excited" to see it..:lmao:

yes, we do have a trip!

Y'all look like you had a lot of fun on your trips. :goodvibes

I'm glad your back and doing well since your foot surgery. Hope to see a TR post soon. :)
It's good to be back! My foot is healing a lot faster than the first one.

Welcome back!

What wonderful vacation photos. Bailee has grown up even more. 15, boy that's scary. :scared1: I hope y'all have a great time tonight. When we did the girls birthday party this summer it wore me out. Too many girls! You're very brave. Are the guys hanging around, or they making scarce?
She is getting way to old....luckily we have another year before she can date...d.jay is going to have a heart attack when that happens!

Great update and glad to have you back. I have seen VooDoo Doughnuts on T.V. It looks like a wild place and the pictures looked yummy. The kids are growing like weeds.
VooDoo donuts was crazy but good! they even have one called rooster and balls....only replace rooster with a different word...I thought my mom was going to faint when she pointed to it in the case and asked what it was..:rotfl2:

Nice to hear from you. What beautiful pictures of you and your family. Looks like you had a great summer. But I know what you mean, I can't believe its over, either.

We did have a great but too short, summer!

After our dinner in Germany we headed to AK for evening emh and to meet up with Jordy for our last few hours together. It was our last night and as always, I was wishing for a few more days.

As we entered AK I noticed this...
2009-04-27262.jpg

It looked to me like lights in a tree but when I looked closer I realized it was a bunch of birds.

We headed towards

2009-04-27263.jpg

to meet up with Jordy after his dinner at...

2009-04-27268.jpg

Jordan wasn't feeling to great after his meal.....which ment there would be some altitude changes and sbd's later that night....

Ak at night is realy pretty!

2009-04-27270.jpg

I guess the darkness caused a bit of an accident..

2009-04-27275.jpg

Jordan and I wanted to ride EE but D.Jay wasn't feeling it so he sat and waited....

EE at night is like a different ride...so much fun! The darkness makes it a little spookier and feels a lot faster!:banana:

2009-04-27281.jpg

2009-04-27285.jpg

Our rednecked photo

2009-04-27286.jpg

Next we headed for Primevil Whirl....my attempt at a group shot...

2009-04-27290.jpg

2009-04-27289.jpg

Look what I found....a pole dancing dino!!

2009-04-27292.jpg

2009-04-27296.jpg

2009-04-27297.jpg

We rode PW a 2nd time....D.Jay and Jordan ended up in the same harness thing...

2009-04-27303.jpg

2009-04-27304.jpg

From the look on Jordy's face, I think D.Jay tooted....
2009-04-27306.jpg

up next...things that grope in the night....

I remember seeing those birds this trip, they were a trip! I hadn't noticed them before.

LOVE the whirl pic and the pole loving dino.

Wow, I've never been at AK in the dark! I do want to try EE at night. Very expressive pictures on the rides.:rotfl: We saw those birds too. They must gather late in the afternoon. We saw them as we were walking out.

P.S. I got past the update on my trip report where Jordan made an appearance. We had a special tribute to you but he has the pictures on his camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter