CVS ECB Deals ~ Sales for Week 3/1-3/7

Wow LanaJae, that is amazing! I am very new to CVS ECB, I have done it for the last 3 weeks. I can see I have alot to learn!!

Do you have a blog? If not, you totally need to write one on how to do CVS the right way. Wow!

Hey kim--I used to see you around this thread a lot (or maybe it was the "no buy" threads?) and just wanted to say that I love seeing your daughter grow up through your sig pics! She is so adorable!

Congrats LanaJae! You are much more organized than me. Lately I've just been throwing all my CVS bags in a corner of the room instead of stacking them neatly on my shelves. I envy your deal-getting and organization!

For someone who asked how she did it: You said you did the Madagascar special and ended up spending $13. (Buy $20 of P&G get $15 off the movie). That's not really a great deal for rolling ECB's, which I'm assuming LanaJae tries to do most often. But it is a great deal for the movie if you were going to buy it anyway. It's all about the different kind of mindsets you can have while shopping at CVS. When I first started, I didn't mind spending a couple (or several) bucks on things because it still seemed cheap to me. And then all of a sudden all my ECB's were spent and I would have to start over! I know better now--I've gone the past several months only spending a tiny amount and getting everything free. At this point, I don't buy anything at CVS that doesn't end up free after ECB's or very cheap (except for milk or bread). And I don't spend more than a dollar OOP, ever (I just make sure to have smaller denominations of ECB's to make it easier). It's really easy to grow your ECB's that way.

Anyway, I know LanaJae will come along and explain it a LOT better! :rolleyes1

Wait, a minute!! How in the heck?! I need to be trained by you. I just do not get the cvs thing. I got the madagascar dvd special the other day. But, almost 13 dollars for all of that stuff. Umm, can you please tell me what to do!!

Everyone on these CVS weekly threads does the same thing, so all you need to do is start watching the ads for things that show the amount of an item after Extra Bucks - there are often items that says "free," so we buy those and use a manufacturer coupon with it or if the price shows $1.99 or similar after Extra Bucks, we use a coupon with that and get it free. After you spend about $20 and get about an equal amount of Extra Bucks in return, then you start paying for all those items with the Extra Bucks you earned. I wrote a big long thing about it early this week in the other thread, it's post #66 here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2097416&page=5

I got started here, all I did was copy what everyone else was buying.

This isn't the best week to start, but there are a few things to buy. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at this ad, but keep watching this thread and everyone will post what they are buying. Start saving all the coupon inserts you can find, that's the first biggest step.

Do you have a blog? If not, you totally need to write one on how to do CVS the right way. Wow!

I do, it's right here lol

is that EOB robe from last year? the ones i bought this week say 14.99?

LanaJae, just showed my 8 year old your stockpile he's like wow, she is much better than you! I said yes, you are my cvs hero lol! He says if only CVS sold mansions...we'd all be living pretty good!

Hey Lisa, that robe is from last year too, I got a bunch at 90%. The other ones are still only 75% off here, so I am waiting for them to drop.

I am certain that if you piled all your stuff up, it would look the same! Its kind of scary to do (and way too much work). The paper wanted to send someone out to take a picture of my shelf and it's in the laundry room, so I said no - I'll take a picture and send it to you. I couldn't get a picture of the shelf because I couldn't get far enough away to show more than half of it so I started moving it all to get a picture and that's what I ended up with. I really was disgusted with myself though, I thought I had given most of it away recently. I keep the little things like makeup and razors in zippered bags and have them hanging from the pipes in the laundry room - you really can't see all this in my house, I swear!

You are a genius!!!! You should totally be writing a blog or articles!

Okay so I have to ask..... Is part of your secret the multiple coupon sources? How many papers/magazines to you get to stockpile the coupons?

I haven't been good at that lately, but I can count on my inserts and my mom's inserts and I have a few neighbors that remember to give them to me before they put them in recycling. I do go buy papers at Dollar Tree when the coupons are really good, like when P&G comes out, but I haven't needed to lately because the limits have been lower. I have 4 subscriptions to All You too.

Great stockpile!

:worship: LanaJae

You're my hero!!! :yay:

Wow LanaJae, that is amazing! I am very new to CVS ECB, I have done it for the last 3 weeks. I can see I have alot to learn!!

Love it LanaJae :goodvibes

I finally got all my stuff organized into boxes in the basement, or I would take a picture of what I have! It felt great to get it all organized, adn my husband has orders to bring 5 more boxes home from work!

Thanks guys :grouphug:

Puffkin, that's great! I got everything put away here after the picture, but I filled up a few more boxes to go out the door. We need to have a party to get rid of all that Coke though.

Did you do all of that on one card? If so, I'm very impressed!

Most of it, I do have a card in my husbands name and I use it when I fill his prescriptions, but I never have more than $10-15 ECBs on his card. I used it on the Coke deal a few weeks ago.

Hey kim--I used to see you around this thread a lot (or maybe it was the "no buy" threads?) and just wanted to say that I love seeing your daughter grow up through your sig pics! She is so adorable!

Ditto from me!

Congrats LanaJae! You are much more organized than me. Lately I've just been throwing all my CVS bags in a corner of the room instead of stacking them neatly on my shelves. I envy your deal-getting and organization!

For someone who asked how she did it: You said you did the Madagascar special and ended up spending $13. (Buy $20 of P&G get $15 off the movie). That's not really a great deal for rolling ECB's, which I'm assuming LanaJae tries to do most often. But it is a great deal for the movie if you were going to buy it anyway. It's all about the different kind of mindsets you can have while shopping at CVS. When I first started, I didn't mind spending a couple (or several) bucks on things because it still seemed cheap to me. And then all of a sudden all my ECB's were spent and I would have to start over! I know better now--I've gone the past several months only spending a tiny amount and getting everything free. At this point, I don't buy anything at CVS that doesn't end up free after ECB's or very cheap (except for milk or bread). And I don't spend more than a dollar OOP, ever (I just make sure to have smaller denominations of ECB's to make it easier). It's really easy to grow your ECB's that way.

Anyway, I know LanaJae will come along and explain it a LOT better! :rolleyes1

That's exactly it!

What are the items on the very top, left above the Scrubbing Bubbles?

Thanks,
Maggie

What are the items on the very top, left above the Scrubbing Bubbles?

Thanks,
Maggie

Something by Glade - I can see the logo but can't make out the items.

Glade Sense and Spray and Glade Last Impressions. They were on that bonus buy thing, but the deal ended last Saturday at midnight. There were $4 coupons for them and I think the limit seemed endless, I never met it. They each ended up costing 99 cents after coupon/ECB, but that got eaten up from coupon overage on other things and I used them as fillers when we had those $/$$ coupons in January (I miss them!).

Any ideas/suggestions on what to use my $5/$30 this weekend? I haven't done anything this week. The only thing that's caught my eye is the 7-up deal. My store does set Sunday prices on Sat. Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Embarrassing 2009 CVS Stockpile (total cost $12.96):​
DSCF1926.JPG

Does not include milk, cereal, soup, juice, crackers, OTC meds, stuff already used and stuff already donated. Oh, and cotton rounds!

I have to show this to my DH. He thinks that I'm nuts between CVS and Targets 90% off sales. I have quite a bit but since some is kept on shelves in the basement and most of the CVS is in the linen closet or the bathroom vanities, he really has no idea how much I really have.

Now if it was fishing equipment, he'd see no problem with it at all. :rotfl:

Thanks guys :grouphug:

Puffkin, that's great! I got everything put away here after the picture, but I filled up a few more boxes to go out the door. We need to have a party to get rid of all that Coke though.

Oh no, Looks like I will have to unpack everything when they send someone out to take a picture for the article they are doing for the paper. I have all the boxes labeled so hopefully it won't be too bad to get back and organized again.

I have to show this to my DH. He thinks that I'm nuts between CVS and Targets 90% off sales. I have quite a bit but since some is kept on shelves in the basement and most of the CVS is in the linen closet or the bathroom vanities, he really has no idea how much I really have.

Now if it was fishing equipment, he'd see no problem with it at all. :rotfl:

My husband would be the same if it were tools!

I wish I could come up with ideas for your $5/30. I am in a slump for this week. There is supposed to be Carnation Instant Breakfast for $4.99 and get $4.99 ECB (limit 1) so that plus a razor (if you have any coupons left) and a SlimShot will get you to $18.96 (and anything after $25 is profit with your coupon):

$4.99 Carnation
4.99 SlimShot
7.99 Fusion
0.99 Act Total Care
-$1.00 Carnation printable mfg.: http://www.everydayeating.com/ (or 75 cent mfg. from Jan 23 Issue of All You Magazine)
-$4.00 Fusion mfg.

Don't forget the March Monthlys will start Sunday so you may find something in it for your $5/30

March deals include free CVS brand Vitamin D, $5/15 in Dove Products, $2 on Kotex, $1/2 Glade Sprays, $2 Glade Wisp Flameless Candle plus a few CVS brand items that you could use a CVS Brand $/$ CRT to purchase.

For this week you can get a free trial size of Act Total Care($.99), Carnation Breakfast($4.99), Fusion Razor($7.99), Slimquick Energy Shot (4.99). That stuff gets you up to $19.

*LOL* Funny my screen didn't show Lana Jae's above post. Hmmmm

Glade Sense and Spray and Glade Last Impressions. They were on that bonus buy thing, but the deal ended last Saturday at midnight. There were $4 coupons for them and I think the limit seemed endless, I never met it. They each ended up costing 99 cents after coupon/ECB, but that got eaten up from coupon overage on other things and I used them as fillers when we had those $/$$ coupons in January (I miss them!).

Ahhh! That's why I don't recognize it. I can't buy glade or other scent stuff because it sends my asthma into high gear immediately!

Maggie

Just a heads up...... I was looking around a couple stores today and the BenGay patches that are a March monthly have peelies on them... In two different stores I found $2, $1.50 & $1 peelies on different boxes. These are pretty pricey (around $7.99) and I believe the deal is $5 ECB wyb 2. Maybe a CRT could get them down to cheaper or free......

Great stash LanaJae! The EOB robes were $1.49 so 90% off today. With a 2 off 10, they were a great deal at about $1 a robe!

Great stash LanaJae! The EOB robes were $1.49 so 90% off today. With a 2 off 10, they were a great deal at about $1 a robe!

ITA, amazing stash LanaJae! :worship:

Can anyone tell me where the robes would be located? I haven't seen them in any of my stores, not even when they would have been full price! :confused3

that is great...last year i got them at 90% off this year i already bought 4 of them 75% off so 3.75 each! i really like them and they make nice gifts!

lisa

Yay for you! Mine are still 3.75 as of today @ 2 stores, which is still good, but not as good as yours! I picked up 2 pink and 2 red.

I also found some perfume sets marked down. All were around 4-6.00, regularly priced 24.99-34.99. I got a Elizabeth Arden 4 piece set for 6.25.

Can anyone tell me where the robes would be located? I haven't seen them in any of my stores, not even when they would have been full price! :confused3

My stores have them stashed all over...LOL Check every aisle of the makeup & hair area, especially the end caps and lower shelves.

I never saw them here either. We do however have tons of those totes full of stuff...

I found them in with the Valentine's Day clearance stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter