coupon train

These guidelines will be posted and stay in the first post when we start the new thread. If you can think of anything to add or change please feel free to help!!!! :)

Guidelines for Train

Train starts rolling by you putting an envelope together of 50 or more coupons and sending them to the person BELOW you in the train order.

SEND BY DATE is by Tuesday every week!!! That should give you time to cut and send from Sunday if you wish. If you have not received it would be a good idea to go ahead and send what you have on with a note to say why your envie is light. If you have not received in two weeks with no contact from sender, please let your conductor know! We want things to be fair. ALSO, post this on the thread as we have several ladies who have been awesome about sending RAOK!

What coupons should you send??
1. You are welcome to post a “wish list” which can help your sender know what to look for.
2. You can send circular coupons, store coupons, drug stores, blinkies, tear pads, refund forms, peelies, etc. I love seeing different coupons!!! When you shop keep your eyes peeled for different coupons. You can run by a tear pad of Try me free forms that everyone would LOVE!!!
3. Make sure you stamp it enough!!! Also, it is a good idea to put tape on the back to keep the envelope from getting pulled apart in the PO sorting.
4. Please practice the golden rule in sending…. Don’t send 50 coupons of pet and baby only, especially if your receiver does not have a pet or baby!! :)

What do I do when I receive my envie?
1. Look through all coupons and pull the ones you want to use, add the ones you have cut out or collected that week. If you pull out 10 coupons try to add 10 or more.
2. You can mail your envie as soon as you can, but make sure it goes out by the following Tuesday.

This is a cross-country train so sometimes it can take a week or so to get an envelope across the country…especially during the holidays. Please take that into account when we first get rolling.

VACATIONS or “Taking Time Off” – This should be easy… just let your sender know to skip you and send to the next person on the list and for how many weeks. (Make sure they have the address)

Do I have to check in on the coupon thread??
I think the train runs better when everyone checks in. I know when I try to put a great envie together for my receiver it makes me feel really good when they post they got some use from it!
BUT, we all have lives and I for one understand if something keeps you from posting on some weeks. Please try to do the best you can. If something will prevent you from sending that week, please take a minute to post that information.

Look for announcements on the first post. This is where the current train order will be, and any updates.

Hey question, has anyone heard from Luv? I hope shes ok. Weird, isn't it?
Root, went out today. I found a stamp for the envie. No stamps for my bills but the coupon envie went out. Priorities.... :rotfl2:

Donnask8pro said:
Hey question, has anyone heard from Luv? I hope shes ok. Weird, isn't it?
Root, went out today. I found a stamp for the envie. No stamps for my bills but the coupon envie went out. Priorities.... :rotfl2:

Yes, I am worried about her too. I have not heard from Garydeb yet, so that will let us know if they have received lately or not.
The last time Shel logged in was 10/31, but she hasn't posted here for over a month.
Hopefully she will find time to check in!!! :goodvibes
I have a little extra time on my hands to over see this, plus I really enjoy coupons. I was on a few trains on the grocerygame board, but I let go of all of them this past summer as I teach swimming all summer. I was really glad to get on another one. This is a really LONG train, most trains are only 10 people. So, to get this many people sending and receiving on a regular basis is awesome!! :goodvibes

Namsupak...I am sending out 3 more envies to you Friday. SOme of them expire really soon so I wanted to get them out to you asap.

We only need ONE more name (Destination Disney) and I can send out the addresses and start a new thread. :cool1:

ALSO, I was thinking of keeping the train order the same right now to cut down on confusion. (minus a few and adding one)
If you would rather mix it up, post and we can go with the majority. :)

One question for clarification...everyone sends a new envelope out by Tuesday of each week? Or do you just send after you receive one? Can't wait to join in!

carissanboys said:
One question for clarification...everyone sends a new envelope out by Tuesday of each week? Or do you just send after you receive one? Can't wait to join in!

Well, the idea is that the first envelope when you FIRST start will be your coupons only.

Then when you receive you can send right back out after sorting and adding, but try to send by Tuesday of that next week.

I always kept track by writing th eweek on th eback of my envie. Like saying week 11/12. So i knew if I sent early if I was on track.

The goal is to receive and send one envelope a week. Does that make sense?

I received an envie yesterday and have one ready to go out to Kanda, should I just hold onto it until everything is re-organized?

mrsbornkuntry said:
I received an envie yesterday and have one ready to go out to Kanda, should I just hold onto it until everything is re-organized?
Kanda asked to step off the train,she had tried to let the conductor know with no response. I will PM someone to send it too. :goodvibes

Oops, I wish she would've PM'd me! I went ahead and mailed it since I was already going to the post office, sorry, Kanda!

I still have a big envie to send out to Dreaming of Disney on Tues. so it's okay.

I sent a small one out Thursday morning and have a larger one to go out in the morning.

I received an envie from Dreaming of Disney today. Thanks!

We have a new thread for check in!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Please join us on that thread ~ Disney Choo Choo on the Budget Board.
All PM's should be out, please lmk if you did not receive one!

I received coupons from Shel (LuvtheMagic985) she said her computer is fried and cannot contact anyone. She will continue on the coupon train!!! but will not be able to response to email.
I will mail my coupons out today... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter