• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coupon Train ~~ New Riders Welcome!

Happy New Year, everyone! I clipped today's coupons and I'll have an envelope ready to be mailed on Tuesday to gandhmommy!

:thumbsup2

claytonsmomma, I received an envelope the friday before Christmas Sorry, I didn't post last week.

ljcraw555, I have an envelope ready to mail out on Tuesday.

NYCDiane - Received your 2 envelopes last week. Thank you!!! You are such a great train buddy!!!:goodvibes

You're welcome!!!!

I sent you one on Friday (was that one of the 2 you received?)

Anyway, I didn't get an envie from my buddy last week (optional week) so I have nothing to send out on Tuesday. I had gotten today's inserts early (on Wednesday or Thursday) so I clipped them and sent them out in the envie to you on Friday.

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope everyone's evening and day were fun and full of good times and laughter! Ours was low key; we stayed at home, ate snack foods and watched movies, but we all had a fun time!

I don't know if I told anyone, but our almost 4-year old was ready for a new bed, so for Christmas we got him the Lightening McQueen Cars bed! OMG! He totally loves it; it's the actual (plastic) car with 4 tires and stickers galore...it looks so great and takes up a third of his room! LOL. But he loves it and it will (hopefully) last him many fun-filled years of enjoyment!

LittleBlue22, I have a HUGE envie all ready to go out to you in the mail. I even added a bit extra postage to make sure it gets to you! It's loaded!

Cleaning out my binder this weekend...WOW I had a lot of coupons that expired 12/31! Now I am all set for the new year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Jen

Fofinia, I've been getting your envelopes...thanks!!!

JULIEAMEDEIROS, an envelope is stuffed and sitting on my counter, waiting for the post office to be open!

[princesspaige...will be sending envie on tues. hope you had a great holiday!! happy new year to everyone!

J&D, your coupons are going out tomorrow! Hope they are useful!

There were only 2 inserts in my paper - the P&G and the SS. Of course, the RP is NEVER there, and sometimes we get it Wednesday. There was no 2nd SS, so I was going to go buy another 1 or 2 papers. Well, after some research, I found out we ONLY have 2 inserts. And our coupon blogger is ecstatic about these coupons! Why? I compared our SS to others out there (using bloggers in other cities) and our insert has between half and 2/3 of the coupons that the other cities get!

So I am curious. Do you think the other coupons are worth it? I have a friend in FOrt Worth, where they get all of the coupons, usually. She said she would get a Sunday subscription for me and mail me the inserts. Would this be worth my while? Her time? My money?

I will probably go ahead and buy another paper. The $2/Prilosec alone pays for the paper (my hubby uses it instead of a prescription.) Everything else is just bonus, and we do use some P&G products, like Tide. But I just wanted some opinions about getting a newspaper subscription just for the extra coupons and the opportunity to get some coupons we never see here. Thanks!

Been throwing this one around in my head since you posted. After you pay her for the papers and the postage, I'm just not sure it will be worth it. It probably depends on how much she can get a Sunday only subscription for. Just throwing out a possible scenario here. Let's say it's $25 for 26 issues so that's a little less than a dollar per paper. Then add in the postage to mail the inserts to you. I assume she won't cut them out? So that's maybe another $1.00-$2.00 in postage each week?

Maybe it's worth a try as long as you don't have to sign up for a long subscription in case she decides or you decide you don't like doing it after a month or so.

I don't know if I told anyone, but our almost 4-year old was ready for a new bed, so for Christmas we got him the Lightening McQueen Cars bed! OMG! He totally loves it; it's the actual (plastic) car with 4 tires and stickers galore...it looks so great and takes up a third of his room! LOL. But he loves it and it will (hopefully) last him many fun-filled years of enjoyment!

Cleaning out my binder this weekend...WOW I had a lot of coupons that expired 12/31! Now I am all set for the new year!!!

Sweee-eeet! :woohoo: Bet he loves heading to bed now! :rotfl:

Wasn't it great cleaning out the binder? I agree about the 12/31 expirations. I have a ton to forward to the military. My favorite CVS used to invite expired coupons but no longer. One of our grocery stores will still take them two months beyond expiration so I kept some of the grocery type things I might get within the next couple months.

Hello everybody
I thought I would pop in and say hello.
I live in the Uk and I know you will be ashamed of me, we hardly use coupons here, theres almost a embarrasment factor in it.
I have however discovered extream couponing on SKY tv and I love it.
I am on Holiday in August and I will be staying in a villa and will be stocking up in Wall Mart the evening we get there and I am determind to get the mosy for my money, sooooooooooo laidies and tips you can give to train this novice is greatly recieved.
Hope you didnt mind me popping in xxx

Hello everybody
I live in the Uk and I know you will be ashamed of me, we hardly use coupons here, theres almost a embarrasment factor in it.
I am on Holiday in August and I will be staying in a villa and will be stocking up in Wall Mart the evening we get there and I am determind to get the mosy for my money, sooooooooooo laidies and tips you can give to train this novice is greatly recieved.

That's kind of funny that people would be embarrassed to use coupons. I would be embarrassed to give away more money than I have to if there were coupons available. :)

Anyway, most of the train riders here are NOT "extreme couponers". We just clip, share, and try to save as much as we can. On a full shopping trip, I know I can save between $50-$60 and I'm happy with that. I don't need to fill my home up with bottles of vitamin water or thousands of toothbrushes to feel I've accomplished something. As long as I can get what we need and save a nice amount of money, I'm happy :yay:

Are you staying here the full month of August? Wal Mart would be a great place to stock up on paper goods and other dry goods (such as pasta, cereals, canned vegs, etc). I'm not sure if the Wal Mart that you will be near will have a refrigerated/frozen section or a produce section. You should consider buying your meats at a regular supermarket if you're a meat-eater. The produce at Wal Mart is pretty good and reasonably priced.

As far as health/beauty aids, Wal Mart would be the best place for that also. They have the best prices on hair and body products. They also have a full wellness section and a pharmacy.

Hello everybody

Hi Slytherinchick! :goodvibes First off, I must say don't think much of what you see on "Extreme Couponing" is typical of those of us who use coupons. Very few of us have shopping trips like you see on there. Some of those people have even been arrested for fraudulent coupon use.

I wish I had some good ideas for you but unless you're going to be in FL for several weeks and can buy the Sunday newspapers that have the coupon inserts in them, I can't think of anything helpful that wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg (like buying coupons from a clipping site or Ebay ahead of time). Unfortunately, postal rates between the USA and England are expensive. Even a lightweight letter costs about a dollar to mail from here to there. :eek: You would probably be paying more in postage than you would save using the coupons. Also most coupons expire within a few weeks to a couple months so they might expire before you get a chance to use them.

Anyone else on the train have any good ideas for Slytherinchick? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

The only idea I can come up with is that if Slytherinchick is going to be here for a while would be to buy the Sunday paper with coupon inserts and hit the coupon sites while here to print out some coupons.

Just returned from the post office where I deposited your envies (2) in the mailbox outside. They'll be heading your way tomorrow. :) Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's.

MILMORE104 - WELCOME!! :cheer2: I have two envies I am sending out today. But a warning - our post office is notoriously slow so don't get worried if I post and it takes a while to get to you :mad:. Plus it is snowing like a :eek: out there!

I dropped your envie off at the post office today. Since there is no mail today it will be shipped out tomorrow

JULIEAMEDEIROS, an envelope is stuffed and sitting on my counter, waiting for the post office to be open![/QUOTE]

Awesome - have been getting them just fine...Thanks

michellepooh - envie ready to go out tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter